ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jenic's Inferno 182 - Yes, another one!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe I didn't spot this thread before. Brilliant colour and love those ducts:).

You might have to show me how to add the CC to the new wheel once you've done it (for a few beer tokens of course!!).

Cheers :)

I've tested the loom and got the resistances needed, all I need is a wheel and to find some suitable small buttons now. I'll do a proper guide for it too.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
im sure INFERNO will miss this, sure it stil great but was lovely when he owned it :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
im sure INFERNO will miss this, sure it stil great but was lovely when he owned it :)

What he did with it is very different to my plans, but it should be lovely when I'm done :p

He spent a LOT of money doing what he did, I have all the Mark Fish invoices, everything was done properly by him.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Collected this today, apparently the last one left in the country.

Was going to wait for a used one, but they are a decent price new from my local Renault dealer anyway (a couple £ more than wests but I didn't need to pay for post so worked out slightly cheaper). When it gets tatty looking i'll get it retrimmed, but going to keep it standard for now.

I've ordered the boss and bits to make cruise work, don't know if I dare cut the wheel up though. I've ordered some buttons, but I think they are going to be too big. I have seen some I might use at maplins, but would need to engineer a way to fit them to make them look a little more discreet. So for the time being at least, I'll lose cruise :(

17e4b5bc-4271-41fe-a6c2-8aa6e12f9cff_zpsb0802591.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Little update on the cruise control situation.

Last night I decided I didn't want to drill my nice new wheel, so instead decided to design some sort of plate for the buttons to sit in, similar to BIGASH's in his project thread.

I drew something quickly, (I won't post it as i'm no technical drawer :eek:). I've already sent it to Dan@MAD on here to see if it's something he could make for me.

My buttons came today, pretty happy with them:

P1000173_zps216285e7.jpg

And finally, the steering wheel on the mock up of the plate with the buttons roughly where they would be:

P1000172_zps0bc6297e-1_zps1e1177ef.jpg

Didn't realise you'd bought another one Mike! Looks great I remember seeing this car with Dan at the first Llandow :)

I've got a set of grey xenons I need to sell and am fairly local so let me know if you want to get some I'm always over at York as the other half lives there so can meet up etc. I will look for the centre caps when I get home later!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Little update

Dan@M.A.D is making me up a plate for the cruise buttons, unfortunately it might not be fitted for a while as I go back to Uni a week on Sunday so it will have to be when I get back home at the end of May :(

But, these turned up. Bought them on Gumtree (which is dodgy as if you ask me) but they did arrive, tyres are all as good as shot and a center cap is missing and another is past it's best but still seemed an alright buy for £195.

P1000176_zpsfea6dfdc.jpg

Getting them refurbished in an Audi matt grey. Need to machine out the spigot rings too. The condition of them isn't too bad, they are just marked all around the rim of each wheel, most of the wheels are fine over the rest of the face.

Tyres wise, can't decide whether to move my current tyres over (but they are budgets) or get some GSD3's while they are on offer at camskill. Probably go down the GSD3 route. I did also consider dropping to 195s and fitting continentals but the price is similar to GSD3s in 205.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It's no effort really.

I have had to buy new spigot rings, as mine weren't worth messing with, but cost is:

Wheels - £195
Courier - £28
Refurb - £64
Spigot rings and centre caps - £25

Total - £312

So less than half the price of new, bargain!

I meant machining out the spigot rings, however I may not have understood it properly! Got to love a bargain :approve:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So I needed 2 centre caps, which is over £30 for official OZ ones.

I instead decided to buy 4 new blank caps of the same diameters (inner and outer), some di-noc and some stickers from N2grafix. Total cost about £16

Made them up today:

Official on the right, mine on the left

P1000185_zps85711e97.jpg

And with their first coat of lacquer drying:

P1000186_zps0f4be809.jpg

Will do another couple of coats and fingers crossed they fit the wheels when they are done on Tuesday!

Not quite as good as OEM but when fitted should look as good as and less than 1/4 of the price!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Got the wheels back today, quite difficult to photograph the colour.

They are lighter than I would of liked, which could be down to the dodgy foreign forum I got the RAL code from, they look even lighter in the pics for some reason.

oz2_zps6a5a33ea.jpg

P1000191_zpsbc2d2f7d.jpg

Will have to wait and see what they look like on, which should of been today but City Link f**ked up on the delivery of my tyres.

Good effort on those centre caps Mike, looks very OEM.

I've decided that I don't like the brake ducts in the bumper but only because the rest of the car looks standard. When modified I'm betting it will look splendid.

So I needed 2 centre caps, which is over £30 for official OZ ones.

I instead decided to buy 4 new blank caps of the same diameters (inner and outer), some di-noc and some stickers from N2grafix. Total cost about £16

Made them up today:

Official on the right, mine on the left

P1000185_zps85711e97.jpg
Bottom right one the original... Where you get them from?! Ive been looking online but never got round it as im to lazy to measure the bore lol

182 Cup
Nice car ;) Glad it's still knocking about and in good nick!

I found an old invoice from Mark Fish not too long ago for the 48,000 mile service and an old MOT certificate. PM me your address and I'll send them on to you if you want them.