ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's FF BG 182

Skoda Fabia VRS
Oopdates!

Due to my lack of memory and just inspecting my rear suspension, I've twigged/remembered I have Eibach lowering springs (15mm rear, 20mm front), which would explain the slightly stiff ride over certain bumps and potholes!

d823c7e617.jpg

Have purchased the RS200 badge from @Sesqui89 which will be fitted next week to sharpen up the rear. I've also yet to restore my headlights, as I've recently left my old job and started a temp/on going position while I await to hear back from an Apprenticeship, Electrical, and I no longer need to use my car for travels, as I was doing over 300 miles a week purely back and forth to work, not the best in a Clio, let alone a 182. Basically I was doing nightshifts in TNT 1am - 9am, but I won't bore you with that depressing job.
Pictures after a thorough clean inside and out, first proper clean since French Car Show!

e00f2844a7.jpg

Wonky Exhaust Syndrome.
a34d10cd28.jpg

c91ae543d9.jpg

4d88137b5e.jpg

c3fb87b4df.jpg

6a3fc29d69.jpg

Volvo S40
Thanks bud! I do not, put a little tyre shine at FCS but that's it. :smile:

Makes such a difference IMO, especially if you've got a black car and dark wheels! Gets rid of that contrast between the black and the grey/brown tyre sidewalls!
The Turinis look excellent, every time I see them I want some :smile:

Skoda Fabia VRS
Makes such a difference IMO, especially if you've got a black car and dark wheels! Gets rid of that contrast between the black and the grey/brown tyre sidewalls!
The Turinis look excellent, every time I see them I want some :smile:
I'll have to start bucking up my cleaning game and getting that sorted too! :p
I'm really liking 2118's atm, but love the Turini's. In the future I can see myself switching though tbh.

Skoda Fabia VRS
I'm alive, fear not I know you're all worrying as I haven't posted in over a week, lul. Left for Cornwall on the 26th June and came into a bit of a mishap 2 hours into our journey.

82cc8b611f.jpg

e4ac0bcd0b.jpg

15d3c79bff.jpg

8a98760fb5.jpg

There was a log in the middle of the motorway, and there was no avoiding it especially at 65mph (CC set). A car in front of me hadn't seen it, headed straight into the log and punctured both his off/side tyres instantly sending him into the hard shoulder, not sure if he actually hit it, or a narrow miss. This sent the log hurtling into my direction and it smashed into my front bumper, and fog light. Not knowing what the damage was I went straight for the hard shoulder and got out straight away to find the first three pictures. The fog light and bumper took all of the impact, and flung the log into the hard shoulder meaning I luckily didn't drive over it, causing more damage. It could've easily been much worse and put me and my Girlfriend in danger, but thankfully it didn't. The only damage afaik is a new carbon fiber fog surround, fog light bulb/possibly wiring, bumper and splitter. There are no other damages that have yet been spotted, the tyres/wheels are still immaculate, and no structural damage at all, also the suspension wasn't effected what so ever. The recovery truck was to get us off the motorway as we didn't know if anything hidden had happened, but we got the all clear and headed on our way!

Here's a few of my favourite pictures from the Holiday.
be49f4e00f.jpg

44cf0ca652.jpg

I utterly adore these photos as the scenery just really looks amazing. It appeared to be some sort of abandoned farm sort of thing.

ffbe244a71.jpg

Spotted near Looe if anyone recognises it?

b8e587a5ff.jpg

575cd0793b.jpg

2cb3173295.jpg

2b2a6b736d.jpg

Hello SimpleJoee.
92ae80b5e2.jpg

99a670a080.jpg

ec0fde5576.jpg

0942250e0d.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Someone's got to have a BG bumper for me, reveal yourselves!

Big update, well in news form. I've decided this will be going down the Turbo route, to be specific the Stage one packaged from Clio Turbo. I've currently got £2000 saved up, and won't take me long to get the £1000 that is needed, but this won't be taking place until next year due to insurance with Elephant (can't imagine they'd like me boosting the clio). So further plans of the Ron98 map, 197 cams etc have been scratched and I'm in it for the long run.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Hi, Any idea where the carbon bullets came from. I was going to spray mine BG/renault Pearl Black but yours look stealthy and nice with the black writing.
Cheers
Hi mate, think you can get them from streamline. Google streamline carbon bullets and you should come across their site. :)

Skoda Fabia VRS
Boost is definitely happening! Just spoke to Brentacre, and I'll be looking at around £1000-£1100 for insurance (I'll be 22 with only 2 years no claims), and I'm chuffed with that as I'm paying £730 a year now. :)

Skoda Fabia VRS
No updates really, I'm still alive and so is the car! Will be getting a two bucket wash and full polish today, local car 'meet' tomorrow so she has to be looking spot on for the chavs. Ordered a paint touch up kit from eBay earlier this week, apparently they're pretty decent and do a good enough job (for the odd scratch and stone chip, bar the bonnet with 10000 stone chips), may give this a trial later on and see how it comes up.

8f7daf82c9.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
What better way to pass the time in this gorgeous weather than to give the car a good few hours going over?

672c0d46a7.jpg

ba86707301.jpg

c450b61c4c.jpg

c36b90d727.jpg

5060f192cb.jpg

2bfb734b89.jpg

cab99add7f.jpg

6e90f9fb92.jpg

65cbc75752.jpg

Knackered exhaust mount. If someone could link me the correct part to purchase, that would be fantastic. As iirc there are different mounts for 172/182's, also better brands regarding polybush mounts? I'm not too clued up so any help would be vastly appreciated!

Skoda Fabia VRS
New OEM Exhaust mounts purchased, along with a Dash cam as I've had some close encounters over the past few weeks. A non resonated centre section is also on the shopping list!

Skoda Fabia VRS
New mount fitted, ordered two but delivery messed up so only one currently. It's still not sitting right, and the backbox seems to be at a slant, just not going right atm but I'll get it sorted. Also finally got around to fitting my new RS badge, can't believe the difference it makes to the rear! So much happier :grin:

f99db73970.jpg

d06e9322b7.jpg

edac7e67cc.jpg

Car is stinking, but I'm doing a bit of motorway driving atm so there's not much point cleaning her!

Skoda Fabia VRS
My non res centre section came as well, just sizing it up as it seemed massive! Will be getting this fitted later on next week.

fd39804326.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Exhaust mounts all changed, standard fog surrounds in place instead of my one faded carbon fog surround (other was smashed to pieces from the crash), bought a 3M headlight restoration kit which will be done asap, maybe 5 minutes from posting this, who knows! Went down to Llandow yesterday with @josh11490 and went for a drive after, few photos and then an exhaust vid. We did a drive by video as well, but that'll be uploaded at another time.

40dfd75e5d.jpg

a882d0d767.jpg

afae650f6f.jpg

bfec86841f.jpg

c05b2411ef.jpg

Megane 250
Your exhaust sounds much nicer than mine, I think I can see one of them being on the cards for mine tbh.

Thought both cars looked awesome yesterday! Drive by vid should be up within the hour!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Your exhaust sounds much nicer than mine, I think I can see one of them being on the cards for mine tbh.

Thought both cars looked awesome yesterday! Drive by vid should be up within the hour!
Me and Dan agreed, you're a t**t. Well I did, but Dan was there, so it counts. Your exhaust does sound the tits!

Skoda Fabia VRS
So I bought myself a Canon 750D with 18-55mm lens this week, it is very very nice! You can expect some better quality photo's from now on :D
Just a few shots testing out the camera (point and click, also the quality isn't perfected yet as it's been converted, and I'm also screen capping the image from my desktop).

68828c7e96.jpg

I desperately need that odd wheelnut swapped!
edcce834d0.jpg

Car is also dirty, and wants tyre shine!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Not a car update, but over the moon to find out I've been excepted to start an Electrical Engineer Apprenticeship in September! This means saving moneys, and also a works van so the Clio can finally get a respray of bits needed, and a whole load of miles dropped!

d3f00556f3.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Looking smart chap, starting to come along nicely. Any news on boost?
Not yet I'm afraid, still awaiting whether I've been nabbed for speeding which will be the main decider in this subject. On the other hand, with me not using this during the week anymore it gives me what I need to start funding the project by upgrading other bits and bobs. Currently unsure if I want to go down the B14 route, or cup shocks and cooksports. Brakes I'll wait til they need a refresh before thinking of upgrading, other plans are just to tidy up the exterior a little bit!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
B14's would be my choice. How ever if you're on a budget...I've a set of VGC cup shocks and coocksports soon to be for sale.
Shall be keeping an eye on this to see what happens, looks like a cracking little car fair play.