ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Racing Blue Project

Megane 175 & BG182
Ive never had any, but looking to purchase some for the summer, I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions who have used them on the same car as me before doing so :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Jord summed it up I think really mate. The AO48's are a similar story too.

I took the Clio over to Buckley Tyres this morning to get the car aligned finally. I haven't gone for a blast properly yet l, but it feels so much tighter than before. I can't believe the overall difference it's made. The ride quality is superb too, and not crash at all like the ktecs were.
So I'm very happy with the car :)

u4eje6ah.jpg

y9eby4ab.jpg

Absolutely lovely mate.

I want my wheels red like that too, but I always worry about the horror stories where wheels have cracked after a powder coating though :(

Its usually only when the wheels are pre-heated far too much before coating, causing the properties of the alloy to change and creating weakness. Quite common when the company does not know what they are doing... otherwise its fine.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Aye that's right. Proper red now ;)

I'm currently applying Gtechniq C5, so that should give them some decent protection against brake dust. Loooong boring job.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get a few things sorted this weekend. First up was an oil change, filled up Fuchs Titan. As I'm off to the ring on Friday I wanted the car to feel nice and fresh, and went over the car to make sure everything was as it should be.

Then the RSR's were fitted onto the new wheels. I just need to apply C5 to the backs, and maybe one more coating on the front.

sysazame.jpg

PMS studs were fitted to the 172 hubs, I'm just leaving them to dry overnight, then I can my spacers and wheels back on again.

useraget.jpg

And the standard petrol station shot ;)

u7eha2yz.jpg

Clio 200
What did Buckley Tyres charge for an alignment check? A friend needs his Impreza doing and Demon Tweeks charge a fortune a proper setup

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Just the tourist days Rhys, which I didn't do last time as it wasn't open for the public.

I just want a photo driving around the chicane :eek:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Ooooh nice. So what's going then? MX or Clio?

MX-5, because according to the gf, it's 'ridiculous'.

Tricky one to sell though,
Don't know how to price a car that still needs paint, but has £3k of toys on it. Could do with someone breaking it for me really.

/hijack

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Had a great time at the Ring, and the car didn't put a foot wrong Over the whole trip I averaged 39 MPG which is pretty good going as a got quite a few laps in. I upload my pictures at another time, but these are the ones I've found on different sites so far.

hujuve4u.jpg

qeteje3e.jpg

u8enetat.jpg

7ugyze3y.jpg

182 Cup
That last photo is fantastic, it's a shame there's another car in the background really as otherwise it's pretty perfect.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great, Im liking how relaxed you look in the 3rd picture.
Thanks. I know lol, I thought that too.
I spy a gopro. Did you manage to film a full lap?

Car looks really good and sounds like you had a good time.
I did :) Quite a few videos to go through though. You can hear the car rubbing quite a bit which is really annoying. So I'm going to raise the car up a bit, which will knock the tracking out :(
Great build. Long time no see.
Heyyyy :)
That last photo is fantastic, it's a shame there's another car in the background really as otherwise it's pretty perfect.
I agree, really pleased with it. I'll be purchasing it along with a few others.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
How did you find the ASTs on the ring Joe? Have you still got the Whiteline rear ARB fitted? I'm tempted to sell mine when I get the ASTs but I suppose it retains some adjustment when extra rear roll stiffness is required.