ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jonesy's 172 Phase 1

Clio 172 Phase 1
Right thought it was time I posted this, purchased my clio on saturday from a very nice chap, very genuine and when he told me the history of the car and showed me how much it's been looked after i had to have it! The guy even dropped the car off with his dad, saved me an hour plus journey to go get it ;)

A big big plus was the fact it has 68k miles and FSH :) Seen many of the same car with 100k plus!!

So then... one of the pics from the advert:

2407741-1.jpg

When the car arrived it was filthy, as the owner lives in a Village in Yorkshire, I told him not to worry as i would be cleaning the car the same day. No pics of this as it was only a quick clean, but heres my cleaning efforts from yesterday.

Before (still pretty clean!)

IMG_20110125_101719.jpg

IMG_20110125_101735.jpg

Snowfoamed

IMG_20110125_102356.jpg

At this point my f*ckin pressure washer packed in on me, 2nd one in about 2 weeks, f*ck you Karcher!

Car was then washed, door shuts and wheels etc cleaned, then it was clayed, see below!

IMG_20110125_122102.jpg

The weather then started to close in so I gave the car another wash, then applied some polish and a coat of wax, after pics (rubbish I know):

IMG_20110125_141407.jpg

IMG_20110125_141423.jpg

IMG_20110125_141501.jpg

Like i say not the best of pics but i should be having a little photoshoot with JAM and his 197 at some point soon!

Not made any major plans just yet with the car but have ordered a few bits for now:

Clear indicator bulbs (no more fried egg headlights!)
6K HIDS
White sidelights
Flat wipers
ITG panel filter

Will update when these are fitted!

Cheers :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
very nice mate, love them when standard, but they're so much better modified correctly

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looking good mate. Love phase1's. Less is more in the mods dept;)

How much did you give for her, saw it on pistonheads myself, but not right time for me yet:dapprove:

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Seems like a clean car you found mate, nice one. Only mod you need to do is a ph2 rear :cool:

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Looks great Jonesy!! Pleeease dont ruin it with a ph2 rear end. Just needs lowering a little and it'll be spot on. :)

Clio 172 Phase 1
Looking good mate. Love phase1's. Less is more in the mods dept;)

How much did you give for her, saw it on pistonheads myself, but not right time for me yet:dapprove:

The asking price mate, the lad was the soundest lad i could of hoped for very honest and because of his personal situation i was happy to give full price :)

And yea definately, only going to make subtle mods!

Haha, Jones you crank. Sold the 306 yet? And i knew you'd make the right choice in the end !

Haha stu you CRANK! Nope not yet mate sat on my drive lol

Seems like a clean car you found mate, nice one. Only mod you need to do is a ph2 rear :cool:

Cheers mate, i will probably get ph2 rear lights not sure about bumper yet haha.

Looks great Jonesy!! Pleeease dont ruin it with a ph2 rear end. Just needs lowering a little and it'll be spot on. :)

Thanks matey! Lowering is on the cards but probably in the summer time :approve:

Coilovers, exhaust, inductionkit, remap DONE ;)

Haha well coilovers and exhaust yes, i've already ordered ITG panel filter, not sure about a remap mate we shall see :approve:

Clio 172 Phase 1
Small update, clear indicators for the headlights and white sidelights have arrived this morning!

Will be fitted on the weekend :)

Clio 172 Phase 1
UPDATE HIDS FITTED

Right, finally got my HIDs fitted, as well as my LED sidelights, indicator bulbs and flat wipers.

Big thanks to JAM and Tom couldn't have done it without them, was a spot on day and a good laugh!

No pics of the progress but here are some afters thanks to JAM

28wm7lw.jpg

2cdihc9.jpg

dvniw3.gif

2je8gt5.jpg

1z4zlag.jpg

Next, fit my ITG panel filter which arrived why I was out, so didn't get chance to fit that :(

Cheers

Clio 172 Phase 1
Quick update, fitted my ITG panel filter yesterday with the help of JAM, was a bit of a b*****d getting the air filter open but eventually sorted it after plenty of swearing ;)

Have to say I haven't noticed any difference but at least it saves on buying a filter again :)

Clio 172 Phase 1
Just an update, car passed it's MOT yesterday, straight through without any advisories, chuffed to say the least :)

With this in mind, I am on the lookout for an exhaust and a group N exhaust is what I fancy, any suggestions?

I'm thinking custom as the Oreca on K-tec for example is a little too pricey for me, Prospeed have quoted me 295 fitted for a similar style one.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Exhaust Fitted

Orite guys, got a custom exhaust fitted today, very pleased with the result and would definitely recommend the chap that did it, details at the end of this post.

I went for straight through from the cat, the pipe is one piece up to the backbox, the tip I went for is 2.5inch outrolled.

Here are some pics almost done..

IMG_20110414_134136.jpg

IMG_20110414_141747.jpg

And at my mates house afterwards, not the best of pics need some proper ones after a good whoring!

IMG_20110414_185212.jpg

IMG_20110414_185242.jpg

Very happy with the sound, doesn't drone on motorway and has a nice rasp too it, will upload a video at some point as well!

Again can't praise the guy enough and would recommend him:

Revline
Unit B3 Foxhunters Road
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
NE25 8UG

PH1 172
get some videos up on the exhaust.. i want a raspy raspy exhaust! i miss my pugsport !!

Clio 172 Phase 1
Looks good fag ! Told you he's alright.

Yours is slightly louder than mine though as mine's got that Vortex thing in.

Haha yea not much louder though sounds just right, love the rasp when giving it the beans though :rasp:

Haha yea not much louder though sounds just right, love the rasp when giving it the beans though :rasp:

Lol @ Giving it the beans. Just need it lowered now.

Just to back up Jones' Comments.. The Guy who does the exhausts, I'd reccomend anyone one in the north east to check him out.

Here's the one he did on mine.
IMG_5353.jpg

Clio 172 Phase 1
Sorry for the delay in a video, I took one on my phone but it just sounds like a bee is buzzing lol need a phone/camera with a decent mic lol

Shall have one shortly!

Clio 172 Phase 1
Few pics from a meet yesterday

Still no exhaust video!! Need a camera with a decent mic, tried my mini cam I have but that was sh*te.

IMG_5824.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

IMG_5810.jpg

IMG_5802.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

And prob my fave pic (I have since raised the exhaust slightly as you can see, the new mounts have settled in so needed doing)

IMG_5787.jpg

Got some CC side strips to go on next and getting my door handles CC as well, also clear side repeaters with silvatec bulbs :)

cheers

Clio 172 Phase 1
Exhaust vids!

Finally got 2 videos today, not the best as it was a very quick effort and my mates cam skills well... he stopped filming as I went past but can still hear it a bit haha.

th_01052011003.jpg

th_01052011004.jpg

Will get some more asap

Just a note, the rasp which you can hear in real life isn't really picked up, not quite sure why, will try getting a video a bit further away maybes.

Cheerssss