ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joys Of Cars

Corsa D
I recenlty havnt had much luck with my car at the moment. For a start I thought as a newbie I start off small and buy some new alloys from motorworld. For saftey I got them fitted at a local garage. A week later driving along an main road the car goes crazy starts shaking to bits and next thing I know im grinding along the floor with my passager side wheel boncing off into someones garden down the road. Resulting in the car having to go on a truck home and me waiting the damage report of the car. All due to motorworlds lack of knowlegde even though ringing around its head quaters and the wheels makers resulting in being told that the wheels didnt need spacers with a 172 clio. Also if that wasnt enough i recently had to go though paypal and claim money back for parts I ordered off everycarpart.co.uk due to waiting 9 days and my order not being processed and no returned email. Buttt I now know : motorworld = crap , everycarpart = never use :dapprove:

Monaco 172 (5/468)
I've not been here long myself but if you ask the guys on here before you do something major you wont go far wrong, sorry to here about your misfortune, learn by your mistakes we all make them :S

clio 182 black /gold
That is real bad. Total lack of knowledge i would never go there at all. I went into motorworld and asked about a stainless system for my corsa and all the sales man banged on about was a cherry bomb, Please GTF there so last century.

S13
Motorworld put my wheels on backwards, like with the tread pattern the wrong way round. Preeks.

Civic Type-R
Also if that wasnt enough i recently had to go though paypal and claim money back for parts I ordered off everycarpart.co.uk due to waiting 9 days and my order not being processed and no returned email. Buttt I now know : motorworld = crap , everycarpart = never use :dapprove:[/quote]

I also ordered something from everycarpart a week ago! Paid using Paypal and the money got debited from my account. Didnt receive it or hear anything for like 2 weeks. Tried ringing them and no answer anytime and also no reply to my email. So had to go through Paypal to get a refund on my order. Never had such bad service from any company before!!!

Corsa D
Yer same here, and what getting me is site is still going although the reason they said didnt have the resourses to provide a service, so why are they still going?

Civic Type-R
Dunno but really annoyed me as I needed the part pretty quickly. I ended up ordering from this site http://www.eurocarparts.com/ ordered it thursday afternoon and it came friday morning! Top service so if your still needing some parts I would order it from there :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i just got some OZ rims second hand and they didnt fir around the hub or wateva its called. the circle on the wheels is bigger than the hub but the bolts all line up. is this a prob? do i defo need spacers or the wheel will fall off?! where do i get em?

Corsa D
i just got some OZ rims second hand and they didnt fir around the hub or wateva its called. the circle on the wheels is bigger than the hub but the bolts all line up. is this a prob? do i defo need spacers or the wheel will fall off?! where do i get em?

Mate you gotta get the spacers, big problem that why mine came off cos it wasnt a tight fit and wher ethe wheel moved up and down slighty (althoguht it didnt seem it) it wears away the bolt holes. Erm i would suggest halfords or a decent motorplace that know what there doing

Chocolate Bar™

you need renault specific spigots that clip into the alloy wheel, and make the hub size match up with the renault hub. without fitting them the alloy is more prone to movement and puts more stress on the bolts.

pop down your local motor factors and get some. shouldnt be more than a few quid