ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering/centre section hitting floor help

M3 SMG
Was getting really bad pulling away, especially with a/c on and from cold. Exhaust rattles like crazy, squeaks and physically hits the floorpan when reversing.

Decided to replace the dogbone mount. Seems to be ever so slightly better, but i can still feel movement in the engine when coming off throttle in second for e.g the force shifts and i can physially feel it all rock and the exhaust then sqeaks a tiny bit.

Any ideas what to try next? Engine mount to the left of the engine looks brand new.

Gearbox mount? Another?

2004/54 FF182 with full janspeed system and sports cat on 42k.

M3 SMG
I don't think so replaced 1 of the two rears recently it's all sat fine.
I'm not sure that would cause the car to judder like bufgery?

M3 SMG
Anyone?!

Sometimes get an audible "thud" selecting 1st, not very loud but noticable. If its not the gearbox mount where is the other engine one located that isnt on the top side or dogbone? located?

S4 Avant
Engine mounts.

They can look visibley "fine", but the rubber inside can be totally fucked. Replace the upper and gearbox mounts, should solve it.

M3 SMG
Thanks, is the "upper" one the one to the left of the engine if you are stood infront of it?
ALso is there more than one mount for the gearbox?

Jambo let me know if this fixes the problem - I have exactly the same symptoms at the moment. Getting some stuff done at the start of December so maybe I should add engine mounts to the list of things to fix....

S4 Avant
Thanks, is the "upper" one the one to the left of the engine if you are stood infront of it?
ALso is there more than one mount for the gearbox?

Yep, the upper one is the one you can see to the left of the engine.

There's one under the battery as well, which sits in the battery tray.

M3 SMG
the under battery one, do these wear out too? I think this is my next port of call as juddering still evident