ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lunar Grey Mk1 Hybrid Project

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Yes more than likely lol, bit late for this year now eh!..............engine rebuild over the winter/?........(im kidding!)

So as you can all see, the interior loom is complete! Whoop!

Is was then refitted to the car.

My RMD25 battery had its wiring made up

engine Loom refitted to car :)

Connector for headlight loom and front end earth

Engine loom bulkhead connector and battery through panel fitted

My Slap-dash was then refitted :)

a
nd battery offered up to its new location, (i have an alloy cage for it here, i suppose i should send that to the beaniesport crew lol)

Just waiting on a few fuses/relays i believe and basemap (and dash2 output enabled) my friend is putting together for me.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Also just bought some carbon doorcards from Coops (the fronts have speaker holes but i'll either have them remade or get a sheet of carbon to bond on to the holes off ebay)

Should be ordering some nice 3" harnesses when i get a second too :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
win! love it chap and really cant wait to see it out and about, so cant imagine what your feeling like now!

reckon in the event of rolling it that cage will be okay.......I reckon there is more room for metal.......................lolz! :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Im not sure that battery is upto the job?

I had one for my mk1 but replaced it with a SMD50 almost instantly as if you ever had any slight issue with the car and it didnt start first turn of the key, the battery when flat in just a few seconds of cranking I found.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
was a miscommunication with the body shop lol

electrics now flowing!

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

Peugeot 308
Car has come a long long way fella since I last saw it many moons ago! Looks brilliant!

Hope to see it about soon!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
your not wrong mate!

Spec -Creep has been aweful! lol

was meant to just be a respray! Then i got a good rollcage for cash i couldnt refuse... then it needed the power to back it up etc etc

Still going to need more power tbh!
But current spec im more or less happy with!

X2 Clio Valvers
Re: The Definitive Wukbrid Project

So after reading Ghostvalver/DannyAce/Snowman/Austins projects its given me a boost of inspiration and ive decided its high time my 16 year old clio had a new lease of life the engine that the cliolord and kj 16v have tuned for me is spot on, however the shell has seen better days. So its time i set about getting her resprayed and a few other parts added into the mix and putting my own stamp on the car, without copying andybody else too much.

So currant wishlist sits like this:-
2 x Cobra Evolutions (maybe just one to begin with)
Set of Perspex windows after seeing them on cliodans i want some.
get some welding done.
Maybe a cage....although im not sure yet... but ghostvalvers one makes me seriously wet!
respray ina different colour...as im fed up people asking me if its a williams... to which i have a to say basically it is and it isnt... lol given up explaining.

Stage one..... find a garage i can strip the car in

made a phonecall at lunch time by dinner time i had one
icon_biggrin.gif
sorted!

Moved the car into her and removed the bonnet!
328bac6e.jpg

then removed the wings bumper, wipers, head lights,skuttle pannel
3cd6f175.jpg

then out came the wiper linkage and internal fan makeup and the washer bottle and the old OEM alarm (that i didnt know i had)
bb498bdc.jpg

obviously i would be a fool not to expect some rust... soo here are the bad bits
6567b3f3.jpg

acbc188d.jpg

and the bit that looks like its going to need the windscreen removing to repair...fail....

7d00343d.jpg

what i dont get though is one side of the car is rusty... the other side (passenger side) has light surface rust....

e803e3dd.jpg

53c7f06a.jpg

and now she is looking like this... will keep you all informed day by day
5799c1a7.jpg

Ok off she goes to the bodyshop! Proceeded to discuss bonnet fit ment with aero catches then remembered I forgot to take it lol

Big thanks to bass for today! For dropping off boot and then unexpectedly bringing me some willwoods aswell! What a legend! Especially as he drove from Essex to Dorset for 8am!

b30f97e8.jpg

a6b71fb5.jpg

10a4b444.jpg

8456bc68.jpg

just a few shots of my very empty garage

Rubber everywhere

50533e07.jpg

Why I needed a new boot!

5290ff92.jpg

Just waiting for her new and improoved home!
8f0dc420.jpg

Rubbers arranged
736166ff.jpg

14004e67.jpg

Glass no longer required
03eaa700.jpg

Carlsburg don't make engines....
2deaed15.jpg

All organised just waiting for new and improved shell
ff8eeee1.jpg

Ok some images from the bodyshop.....N REG disintegration factor!

08caab87.jpg

25e07642.jpg

aa36b534.jpg

As you can see YES that IS the floorpan thats nearly falling out... but better the devil you know.. so all getting fixed propperly....
efd5346c.jpg

9beee4c6.jpg

9e8dfebb.jpg

f1c06470.jpg

1eca2ca6.jpg

bb4bbeee.jpg

866e4a00.jpg

4352619b.jpg

2d9e523e.jpg

674b398c.jpg

Fitted

88cbba00.jpg

Jack damage repaired

9a13cd4d.jpg

Cill is now hard as nails

386dc25f.jpg

Floor patched

7436e4af.jpg

Arch in

49cb45eb.jpg

Front arch repaired

e4d7426d.jpg

Screen out

A rare morning off ive Been into bodyshop today, to find all the welding is now complete! Joy! No more rust
floor has been sorted,
770e4e69.jpg

349ddd8d.jpg

Sill has been smoothed in yay
9f9f7104.jpg

Door shut cleaned up
643bbefc.jpg

Engine bay in primer yay!!! One v happy mrs lol
f030bef2.jpg

b8fdce9d.jpg

thankfully no leaky powersteering will return here!
70180e11.jpg

Ok remember the hole in the skuttle? Quite frankly the only bit I was worried about...before saw the floor?!?
Well it turns out the repair was **** simple!

Two cuts in the dash bend back weld in plate, bend back weld up, grind clean lol
f504e390.jpg

f07f3e0c.jpg

9416cdb7.jpg

And one photo before I left!
a7b19dc3.jpg

Weird that. Mines the exact same but opposite sides :/

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Collected filter and backplate
Slimline fan

Lots of bits to fit

Trumpets off

Backplate and trumpets refitted

Filter on

Rear Doorcards fitted

Front doorcards on

Injector orings are apparently hard to source…1 phonecall later and ive solved it…with 2 different sizes

Unfortunately one is just too big yhe other just too small…sooo few modifications later and they are a lovely fit.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer

Custom injection bungs as we are going to now use 172 injectors.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x960px.
New radiator and pipework tidied up
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x960px.
Looking neater!
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720px.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720px.
Oil cooler relocated and mounted!
uyari.gif
Jenvey refitted with Jenvey fuel rail and 172 injectors
uyari.gif
Ebay special fuel regulator
uyari.gif
Trumpets and filter back on!
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x690px.
Air temp sender
uyari.gif
Nimbus heatsheild made!
uyari.gif
Uprated fuel pump fitted walbro iirc
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2000x1125px.
Oil cooler behind bumper!
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2000x1125px.
Launch control button mounted!
A few !wiring corrections later a basemap uploaded and…..

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Williams
Wow really nice job. Just read the entire thread. Lot of nice work and commitment put in to this (and money).

Your Rustoration looks like where I am with my Williams. So love to have bodies on mine.

Only thing I would say it's a pity you didn't do the subframe and pipes in red think it would finish it off. :approve:

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
So after problems with the williams manifold i bit the bullet and bought a Mild Steel Supersprint copy

14846066347_f29a3c5cbb_k.jpg
Clio build by Zmaster2k, on Flickr

its a better fit better design of 4-2-1 like the manifold from the original 1.8 16v....only not cast and made of solid iron lol
15032603225_9362036fab_k.jpg

then realised i was wasting my time... and decided to put a turbo on my car

15009613846_6f83e813ea_k.jpg

lol

anyway

She now requires her horn wiring up...as it didnt have one fitted... and she is ready for her MOT :D

14845867169_40bd07072f_k.jpg

:D

Also drove her with a temp map on it... oh its quick! and f**king LOUD!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Should have said you were after. I've got a spare original stainless super sprint.

Glad to hear you're finally driving it. Should be nicely ready for trackday season next year then. :)

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Should have said you were after. I've got a spare original stainless super sprint.

Glad to hear you're finally driving it. Should be nicely ready for trackday season next year then. :)

Not a fan of the stainless they always crack... and they dont "sound" right compared to the mild steel.... and for the price i paid (mates rates) im seriously happy!

Thats the plan... get her on the road for some "testing" and iron out any bugs... Then wrap her up untill the next season :)

Yeah only taken it to like 5k ish... forgot to enable STS on the omex for the dash so was only a guess!... but f**king hell its different low down! So much torque!

Really starts to pull hard at 4k or so.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Thanks Ron!

really not long now... :D

It needs somthing on the sides to break it up a tad... dunno what though

X2 Clio Valvers
Thanks Ron!

really not long now... :D

It needs somthing on the sides to break it up a tad... dunno what though

Carbon fibre bump strips mate, would look good IMO. That's the thing with mk2/3/4 colours on mk1s, the trims make or break them, well that's IMO anyway. That's what is throwing me on going inferno orange or not

hardy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk1 Track Proj
Love this project!

Loved it when I first joined C16v many moons ago when it was 432 blue.

Keep up the good work. It is certainly motivating me to get on with mine more.

Josh

X2 Clio Valvers
I'm going phase 1 ;)
81557fb09c0fe161cc2cab49c5bcc75b.jpg
will be changing the red though but not sure what to lol. Could do yours same as what mine are, would look nice I think. Then you'd have red bump stop inserts as well as red wheels :D

X2 Clio Valvers
Think they're from a valver but I'll double check. I didn't know pov ones won't fit? I managed to pull one rear quarter phase 1 strip from a 1.2 clio in my local scrappy and it fitted alright, just needed the different clips