ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lunar Grey Mk1 Hybrid Project

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
So obviously with the removal of the inlet bling manifold I now need a replacement.

wpid-3304092885_949139d093.jpg

Searched on eBay and randomly stumbled on a listing with everything I needed bar the manifold for £550! Ripped the guys arm off thinking that’s a steal for second hand!

They arrived today

wpid-IMG_20130228_164942.jpg

Never been used! Forget a bargain second hand, this was a steal! So happy!

wpid-IMG_20130228_131136.jpg

wpid-IMG_20130228_131148.jpg

wpid-IMG_20130228_165019.jpg

wpid-IMG_20130228_165022.jpg

wpid-wp-1362072358347.jpg

Linkage, fuel rail, tps, 40mm trumpets, and 118x45tb jenvey throttle bodies!

Brilliant!

Also my new 215mm Renault sport f4r valeo clutch arrived!

wpid-IMG_20130226_164536.jpg

Getting excited now, spoken to Dan (what a dude) at 519-automotive about sorting me a chadil manifold too :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's a chadil I've got on my yellow mk1 and is what I used on my blue one with webber bodies. Cheap as chips as no Injector bosses etc. mine was under a hundred quid iirc :)

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Think its closer to £200 now :( on there website it says 300 euros... but it also says 4 in stock.....yeah... i believe that...lol

53 Clio's & counting
IF you fancy doing it another way mate I still have the adaptors I had made to convert the twin jenveys like yours to fit an individual itb manifold

Only managed to read the first and last pages on my phone Matt. You must have spent a fortune on this car. Love the induction kit you had on the first page. Be going down past yours in June if I'm taking my Clio ill try n come show you.

Circuit Clio 1.8/2.0
Good lord what a thread. Good work! When are you going to take it to the track?

Not sure about the color of the body tho.. Sometimes it looks purple-ish, I would prefer black with the red :D

Love the trumpets!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
So managed to find a chadil manifold :D Whoop...
Individual throttle bodies will soon cure that! Yay

wpid-IMG_20130327_194458.jpg

Big thank you to the lads at PMA again.
Shot Blasted and Powdered a few parts for me and threaded and tapped my inlet for my pneumatic fittings.
thanks lads!
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x720px.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x960px.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x720px.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x960px.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x2304px.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x2304px.
uyari.gif
uyari.gif
uyari.gif
uyari.gif
uyari.gif
uyari.gif
uyari.gif

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
So installed some switches and buttonsBlack ones are for dash2 and red one for launch control…but may get beaniesport to wire up the L/C to the unused stalk button ….
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x864px.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x864px.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x486px.
uyari.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 648x486px.
uyari.gif
Also so glad that I’ve chosen beaniesport to do the wiring work….
This is just for the Race technology dash2
uyari.gif
Gulp

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
So today we hired a trailer and made the 320mile trip to Beaniesport.
Looking mean

Loaded and strapped down!

On route…….
Then 3 hours later….
Boom we arrive at Beaniesport greeted by moo and beanie.
These guys are going to be building me a beautiful looking and functioning bare bones loom.
Im very excited. Lol

Two track monster’s together

I really like it with out the plate lol

Pimping Beaniesport

Yes yes one in paint….one in primer lol
Primer one is clearly better lol
A huge sigh of relief when beanie said the fitment of his bonnet was as much of a b*****d to fit as mine was.
However
Where mine is hoping to achieve aroind 190bhp….Beaniesport’s is a crazy 220bhp.
Ive given moo creative control. So loom should look pretty sweet lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Another year of trackdays missed. Lol.

Looking good though.

Id get rid of the external extinguisher pull, aside from looking stupid they are a magnet for people to just yank at shows, which will make a right mess if its connected and if its not connected then not much point having it.
odds of you trapped inside the car on fire and unable to get out and near someone who can pull it is basically zero anyway unless you are on a rally I would think.

Looks very close now. On track in 2014?

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
its a battery cut off, cable pull for the above switch. and i have a spare skuttle for when its not required.

As for timescale.... just bought a 3bed house with large garage so i can work even slower..... much more important than the car.
As i've said many many times it will be done when its done.

​I'll only sell it anyway... just aswell strip it now tbh

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
its a battery cut off, cable pull for the above switch. and i have a spare skuttle for when its not required.

So out of interest when IS it required?
Genuinely cant see when you would ever need that there for any use you are likely to have for the car?

Congrats on the house purchase, certainly slows stuff down, hardly touched our cars since the move as so much to do at home instead.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
looking into amateur hillclimb at the moment.. and its required for that, so thought meh add it in. wassnt going to spend £260 on an Armtech one.

House has been a f**king nightmare.... sold our flat, got 25k burning a hole in my pocket and amazed my self i havent spent it on the car to get it done.
Still in limbo at the moment staying at my parents bungalow living out of boxes. Driving me mental.. but should be in by the end of the month.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Usual blue book Hill climb regs are that the battery cut off has to be reachable by the driver when strapped in place, no need for it on the outside too mate.

Fingers crossed on the house, DONT read Jaff's thread, lol.

Mk1 Clio 16v
I thought that marshals must be able to cut power to the battery from the outside of the car in the event of an accident...

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Trust me we have had out own nightmares with house move.

land registry... turned out the current owners didnt own the garage, and previous owners did.... who are now separated and remarried... been so awkward had 7 weeks of no progress then today... they have found everybody and got them to agree to sign land over! Yay!

​But yes my friend is a Scrutineer for the hillclimbs and yes i need an external battery cut off... but dont NEED an extinguisher

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
​So had an update from the Boys at Beaniesport.

Heres the Fuel pump connector
12.jpg

Heres a joint :)
13.jpg

Tail light Connector
14.jpg

Handbrake light
15.jpg

Taillight Connector and Fuel pump ground
16.jpg

The Completed Rear Loom
17.jpg

More to come soon!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Firstly Moo adorned the appropriate ear defence for dealing with throttle bodies
wpid-IMG_3728563018776.jpeg

let the soldering begin!

wpid-IMG_3725565527650.jpeg

Universal omex loom stripped an harvested for parts

wpid-IMG_3731544052694.jpeg

Wires
wpid-IMG_3754979683121.jpeg

passenger side indicator
wpid-IMG_3735030326196.jpeg

Drivers side indicator
wpid-IMG_3737559753488.jpeg

So ive been told, this caused moo to swear alot due to the original loom being a right mess!

headlight Loom

wpid-IMG_3752564658287.jpeg

wpid-IMG_3740179683073.jpeg

wpid-IMG_3749411081161.jpeg

so a few pics from the BeanieSport crew, engine loom started, and bulkhead connectors fitted!

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
I can see your all gagging for more pics! So heres two more

Interior loom nearing completion!

wpid-IMG_7546.jpg

new fusebox taking shape!

wpid-IMG_5177.jpg

so close to being finished now

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
im the same John! i understand how circuits work... but havent got the patience or skill to do what the Beaniesport guys can do. and i don't mind paying tbh! So many cars ive seen with standalone fitted where the loom is boshed together willy nilly!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Cannot recommend them enough. Having a basemap put together now....its that close!
The only thing i fear that will stop this firing is the weak link... my mechanics....

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Na it'll be reet Im sure.

When we eventually get enough money for itbs on our track project I plan to do the looms (engine and interior) over the course of a winter! Currently once its all running and working I'll strip the standard one down as a halfway house.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Na it'll be reet Im sure.

When we eventually get enough money for itbs on our track project I plan to do the looms (engine and interior) over the course of a winter! Currently once its all running and working I'll strip the standard one down as a halfway house.
Interesting :)

Least your conversion/build will be done over months. Not years like some people :approve:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well the intial build will be done this winter, we've managed to have a good clear out to free up some time. It'll be years before it gets ITB'd