ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering Problems

My friend has a 1.2 P- reg clio, and she has asked me to have a look at it cos it keeps juddering.

She has tried to explain the problem to me cos i havent actually been in it when its done it. From what she says it seems to be that its mainly when cold. She goes to pull off and the car just judders, even if she puts the clutch in, or ups the revs it still does this. Its scaring her a bit cos she gets stuck on junctions and stuff. She says its deffinately not the clutch.

So far i have had a quick look at it unde the theory that maybe one of the sparks wasnt firing but this doesnt appear to have fixed the problem(i took them all out and checked they were fine)

My next course of action is to check the dizzy and spray it with some wd40 just to see if thats causing any wet/cold start problems

My other theory if fuelling, dodgy injectors/fuel pump?

Anyone got any ideas/theories as to what this could be?

clio williams, Ph1 172

Lambda sensor probably. Sounds like that to me. It should screw inso the manifold somewhere and have a couple of wires coming off it.

They are about £50 I think for a universal one. They are fine. Just need to put in the new sensor and join the wires. You have to cut through the original wires on the old one but you have to join the new ones on the sensor to them so leave plenty on.

Maybe a corroded ignition lead mate, a mate of mine had that problem, the spark plugs will look ok and theres no visible sign of damage on the leads but maybe internal damage on 1 or more of the leads.