ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Jun 28, 2015] Scottish run out/drive Loch Lomond, Fort William etc. (Balloch)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok guys, not much in the way of details yet as it's just an idea, but does anyone fancy a run out up round Loch Lomond and maybe up Fort William direction? Nice drive up round the roads, stop of for some food along the way, pictures etc.

Thinking Sunday 28th June. Hopefully the weather improves and summer actually arrives by then or we get lucky!

Please use the RSVP above and fire down a quick reply in here if you're interested. I'll try and get some routes looked out soon.

Cheers!

UPDATE
The route will be as follows:

Meet up in Balloch, the car park of Loch Lomond Shores for 10am. There's a McDonalds nearby if anyone wants to get there early for some breakfast too! This lets everyone take their own backroads and scenic routes to there, instead of us all meeting up somewhere central and driving along motorways and town roads just to get to the same place.

Weather dependent we can try and stop off somewhere along Loch Lomond for a few photos, then continue up and out on the rest and be thankful to Inveraray. There's a good place up there to stop off that'd be ideal for photos but again it's gonna depend on weather. From there we'll head on up to Tyndrum, stop off for some lunch, then head back down towards Glasgow from there.

Not set on the route back yet. It'll really be down to time as the roads split well for everyone to head their own way after Callander but we'll see how time is.

I reckon with stops we should be looking at 3 hours on that route up to Tyndrum, so we'll be stopping for lunch about 1ish. The route back is less than an hour to Callander if we want to split from there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliosport.Net Driving attendance Disclaimer

Please note that anyone attending driving meets (or meets whereby there is driving from one location to another) organised on ClioSport.Net are taking part of their own accord and agreement. The event is not a race or rally and should not be viewed as such. All attendees are responsible for their own safety and actions and are expected to drive with due regard for other road users. Any other club/affiliate associated with any event, will not be held responsible for any damage or injury to people or property during the driving meet. It is assumed that everyone has adequate insurance, road tax and licenses.

The laws that govern UK roads should be adhered to at all times.

CAUTION – You may come across other road users, please treat them with respect. Ideally treat them as you'd like to be treated yourself. Dangerous or irresponsible drivers will be asked to leave the driving meet/event immediately for their own safety and the safety of others.

Last edited:

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Off the top of my head I reckon the best route will be to head up the side of Loch Lomond and then where we go from there just depends on how long a drive it's going to be. Don't want anything ridiculous lol

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Good idea with the dash cam @Dannyeff!

@-Jamie- that's easy for you to say being near to Fort William, that road is about 2 or 3 hours away from most of us LOL! 😂 Had a little look on street view though, and it does look a fairly epic road!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, Didn't realise what weekend it was, I won't be able to make it as ill be at the Finalboss Mastsuri at DL. Shame as it would of been to get a good run out

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry, Didn't realise what weekend it was, I won't be able to make it as ill be at the Finalboss Mastsuri at DL. Shame as it would of been to get a good run out
I thought that was the following weekend Jamie? 6th July or something rings a bell.

I've not had the time to keep on top of this thread or even look up any routes btw guys, but it seems there's a decent bit of interest so far. Work and everything should ease up next week though so I'll try and get stuff sorted out then!

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
this should be a good day btw :) think its pay weekend aswell for most so thats brilliant aswell :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just a quick idea for a route for this. Stirling chosen as a completely random start point btw to get an idea of average route length and time for people depending where they're coming from. Feedback and suggestions welcome on this if people feel it's too long/short/could be improved by taking a different road etc.

187 miles and 4 hours 40 minutes says Google. Taking stops for food and stuff into account, it'd be a full day out.

CS Drive Map.PNG

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Bump on this, any other interest? Weather appears to be picking up just now so lets hope it holds out for another 2 weeks (although it's scotland, so I doubt it lol)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Pretty bummed i won't make this now.

I take it most people will be up for another drive out at some point as well?
I hope so mate. Would be good to get something similar going on a bit later in the year too. Maybe later in August or early September or something. Will see how this one goes and then get plenty of notice in for another one anyway if it goes well

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So the route will be as follows.

We'll head off along the M8 from the Showcase, meeting there as mentioned above, then probably along Great Western Road and out towards Dumbarton, Balloch etc. that way.

Meet up in Balloch, full location details in OP, which lets everyone take their own backroads to there, instead of all meeting and driving along a motorway.

Weather dependent we can try and stop off somewhere along Loch Lomond for a few photos, then continue up and out on the rest and be thankful to Inveraray. There's a good place up there to stop off that'd be ideal for photos but again it's gonna depend on weather. From there we'll head on up to Tyndrum, stop off for some lunch, then head back down towards Glasgow from there.

Not set on the route back yet. It'll really be down to time as the roads split well for everyone to head their own way after Callander but we'll see how time is.

I reckon with stops we should be looking at 3 hours on that route up to Tyndrum, so we'll be stopping for lunch about 1ish. The route back is less than an hour to Callander if we want to split from there.

Thoughts guys? Who's in?

@CallyTeee @arg_carra @Dannyeff @w33 brl @Fraser.J. @scotiamr2t @scotty10 @Paprika123 @Danny_172 @rctempire @BREMBO @steve f

Last edited:
Im going assuming my car gets MOTd ok on Tuesday. Henny is coming with me as co-pilot

Route looks good to me, i would probably just meet you guys at balloch and take the back roads over there rather than motorway to showcase.

Last edited: