ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just a little pointer, if you please..

330Ci cab
my normal 'regime' is a wash with car shampoo, iron X wheels, brush and sponge for the wheels, then clay where i need to i.e leading edges, bottom of doors and kit, and basically where i can feel anything bonded, then for a long long time ive used AG super resin, and have in the last 5 months applied 3 coats of DDJ purple haze and supernatural wax. and i am very happy with my results at the end :)

the advice i need comes from me broadening my horizons RE: products, so i have ordered some tripple after reading reviews, and tough coat.
do i now leave out the AG for the tripple, then wax, then tough coat?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
Replace srp with tripple, replace purple haze with tough coat.

There is no real need to use both a wax and a sealant, but if you do choose to use both, use a sealant first, then top with a wax. A sealant won't bond properly over a wax and will likely partially remove the wax and contaminate both products reducing durability. A wax will kind of bond to a sealant, but not as well as it would to bare paint

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Replace srp with tripple, replace purple haze with tough coat.

There is no real need to use both a wax and a sealant, but if you do choose to use both, use a sealant first, then top with a wax. A sealant won't bond properly over a wax and will likely partially remove the wax and contaminate both products reducing durability. A wax will kind of bond to a sealant, but not as well as it would to bare paint

Pout of interest, if you put a wax on top of a ceramic sealant, would that do anything bad?

330Ci cab
cheers YD, i was kinda thinking that, see how i get on with the tough coat. im looking forward to giving it a whirl

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Pout of interest, if you put a wax on top of a ceramic sealant, would that do anything bad?

You will probably see a fall in the durability of the wax, and other than a deeper shine imo wax wont add anything to a ceramic sealant. I find it best to either use zaino z2 or tough coat etc then wax, or use a ceramic sealant on its own.

As Dave has already said :)

Tripple will replace the SRP

And you can use Tough Sealant instead of a wax, but remember always a wax on top of a sealant not a sealant on top of a wax :)

Let us know how you get on