ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a Clio

fastest passat in't world
Am slightly nervous that i have made the wrong decision though!

Hopefully you lot can put my mind at rest.

I currently own a BMW 328 coupe sport, before that, a tuned Leon Cupra so im used to big and powerfull, now ive just bought a 53 plate 172 with 20k on it and im hopeing i wont miss the big cars.

What are these things really like to live with every day? Is it fast enough to keep with the big boys and what are they like on fuel?

Karl

Striaghtline it'll match the 328, twisting roads and track it'll be better. They're fine to live with day to day might suffer from some rattles but thats about it. they're pretty good on fuel, certainly better than the beemer or leon would be.

Cool, thats what i wanted to hear!

What are the xenons like? I have them in the BMW but have changed them to a more blue/white colour as i didnt think they were that bright originally.

I'd say they're not as bright as Audi units or some of the new bi-xenon lamps on prestige cars but they're not bad. You changed the actual xenon bulb or the highbeam bulb ? Seems odd as i've never heard of anyone replacing the actual Xenon bulb due to the cost involved.

I changed the tube and used the existing ballast but I sell xenon conversions so cost is not really a bother for me, i get em at a good price..looks like i might be upgarding the clio's then!

Ah right, lol. Sounded unusual most people end up replacing the 5w wedged capless sidelight bulbs due to them looking yellowy compared to the xenon bulbs and sometimes the (H7 IIRC) main beam bulbs for the same reason but never heard of anyone changing the xenon one.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Easily as quick as a 328 in a straight line, after 120mph the 328 will have the edge. Throw some corners in and bye bye 328.

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
unikarl said:
I currently own a BMW 328 coupe sport, before that, a tuned Leon Cupra so im used to big and powerfull, now ive just bought a 53 plate 172 with 20k on it and im hopeing i wont miss the big cars.

What are these things really like to live with every day? Is it fast enough to keep with the big boys and what are they like on fuel?

Karl

I came from owning Scoobs and Evos, and running a 205 track car. Got sick of the running costs of the turbo barges and not being able to afford to run them on track. I sold up and bought a 172 Cup, just as much fun, affordable eough to run on track, and being able to replace all 4 discs and pads for the same price as a front disc on the Evo is wonderful lol!!!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
You'll love it i'm sure,there aren't many cars around that can put a smile on your face like a CS can,give it maximum beans and its a blast.

cock mobile.
Clio is much more fun.

I think people are underestimating the 328i though, those things do shift!