ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just didnt expect the 182 would cost so much...

Artic Blue 182FF
alright people!!

after owning 2 1.2 clios and wanting a 182 since 2004 i thought it was time i got one been 26 and just had a good pay out from my last car insuance!!

so i bought one in jan 182 ff in artic blue 04 reg! 50k on clock belts done! seamd mint!

ive had a few problems with it since i bought it just little ones, leakin head light washers, rubber exhaust mounts etc nothing big till last month when the real calipa went that set me back about 160 fitted off my mate! and now the exhaust has gone so gonna get a full system! thats gonna be bout 400 fitted me thinks *sigh*

i just dont think i was really prepaird on how much it was gonna cost me!
i mean i love the car! when its clean i could just stand and look at it all day! and even more so when i'm driving it! and put my foot down

its kinda like having a women!! love it to death and love everthing about it. but god cost a bomb to run insurance and look after! very high maintance...:(

so i dunno weather to keep or sell!!

just wunderd if anyone else feels the same!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
TBH you should have done some research about the exhaust on here, well know that they last about 5 minutes.

Rear calipa could have happened on any car.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
And also, The things you listed - Exhaust Mounts, Leaking Washer Jets, Falling to bits exhaust are all 'Common' issues.

Once they are sorted all will be good.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
TBH you should have done some research about the exhaust on here, well know that they last about 5 minutes.

Rear calipa could have happened on any car.

One reason i got another 172 Cup. Standard zorts are much cheaper (think Renault want £600+ for a standard 182 system) and more aftermarket suspension stuff available

Astra Twintop
One reason i got another 172 Cup. Standard zorts are much cheaper (think Renault want £600+ for a standard 182 system) and more aftermarket suspension stuff available

ANYONE who goes to Renault for a a exhaust system needs their head testing!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Souldnt really have anymore bit issues now (touch wood) , you seem to have fixed all the bit parts which go on the Clio Sports so i'd try not to worry about it now.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nope. Nobody does pattern part RS systems. Well, i've seen one and it was LOUD! See, not everyone wants to sound like a rude boy at macca's. ;)

172 seems catered for in O.E sounding systems. Yozza stealth etc. Stuck to think of any near O.E sounding 182 systems?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Kwik fit?

Possibly?

Ive no idea, ive only got a 1600!

Only Renault sell the proper exhaust. All the others are crap.

Me and gaz-kev have a hate of any loudness in exhausts.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
french. - buy 1 year old and sell after 2 years before cambelt needs doing and s**t starts falling off. After that its... headlight washers, window regulators, exhaust mounts, engine mounts, relay... There are some mint examples but expect something needs doing at any one time imo.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You're complaining about an Exhaust and a caliper???

Its hardly falling to bits is it!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
You're complaining about an Exhaust and a caliper???

Its hardly falling to bits is it!

Indeed-

Caliper £150 + an exhaust - worst case £250 for performance or £120 fitted of a second hand standard unut-

Hardly bank busting!!!!!!- when buying an older car ideally you should always provision a couple of hundred spare for essential maintenaince-

S

Wear and tear as said !

Thats nothing, Get a 2nd hand calliper, Fit it yourself, learn something (i love replacing things on the car if they dot cost too much)

Get a after market exhaust or a custom, Shouldn't cost more than 300.

Your going to have things go wrong with older cars, Some will run fine and not need anything major doing where as other will fall apart !

Just on my 1.2 this year, i've spent around 700 on repairs and little mods. Cars are exspensive.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thats hardly a lot to spend on a 6 year old car!

Stop whinging about nothing!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Lol, that ain't that bad exhaust/caliper's going compared to some cars.

If you had the same problems on other cars with same sort of spec you'd probably be looking a heftier bill.

Chin up and wallet out, it could be a lot worse!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Pmsl that's f**k all! And that's coming from a student! There cheap as fook to run/maintain

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
The only issue with running a sport is the Fuel consumption, crist im putting nearly £60-£80 a week, were as my 1.2 would only need about £30 a week max,

182 Full of Fat
Agree, not a lot at all lol They are cheap to maintain/run, I don't know where all these stories come from about being so expensive! Only possible thing that could be "bank breaking" is snapping a cam belt.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The only issue with running a sport is the Fuel consumption, crist im putting nearly £60-£80 a week, were as my 1.2 would only need about £30 a week max,

182 does 30 mpg easy, so your saying your 1.2 does 60?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Way i drive mine i really don't get how anyone gets MPG that low.

None
Not really the right car to buy if you think an exhaust and caliper failing is an issue worth contemplating selling the car over, i paid top money for my 182 last year and i put nearly a grand into it by choice to make sure it stays worth top money...........having said that my brother has a year 2000 1.4 sport clio and he doesn't spend much at all on it and it sails through it's mot's and never goes wrong........but i'd never swap it for my 182 cause paying the extra is more than worth the rewards in my opinion :)

Vauxhall Combo!
In 6 months we've had two new tyres, belts and tensioners changed at a cost of £54, not forgetting an additional £60 in exhaust repairs. To be honest I think when you spread the cost of running a 182 over the course of a year they're good value. £600 in 6 months not including tax doesn't sound great though!!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
In 6 months we've had two new tyres, belts and tensioners changed at a cost of £54, not forgetting an additional £60 in exhaust repairs. To be honest I think when you spread the cost of running a 182 over the course of a year they're good value. £600 in 6 months not including tax doesn't sound great though!!

£54..... Did the postman do them with spare elastic bands......... :boring:

I hope that was £540-

BG Clio 182
I spent 700 quid on mine in the first week..new belt ect Then another 600 on new exhaust and coilovers!:D