ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just fitted eibach sportlines = happy!

Monaco 172
Just fitted a set of second hand eibach sportlines, purchased from icarus83 :cool:

fitted them this morning, was suprised how easy it was to do.

whilst i was fitting them i had the old and the new springs layed out and they looked the same size which shows how they differ in spring rate as once fitted, it is clearly a lot lower.

once fitted I went for a test drive and well lets just say im suprised! although its firm it is still very comfy. it felt very planted in the twisties but most of all i could feel what the back end was doing a lot more, I think a rear arb would be on the cards next/

Monaco 172
as requested here are some pictures.

Before
utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTUtMjAxMjAzMTEtMTc1MS5qcGc.jpg

20120623_173640.jpg

20120623_173527.jpg

after
20120702_184824.jpg

20120702_184838.jpg

I think I need spacers
20120702_184854.jpg

172 sport
What's the ride like mate I got a set but debating on fitting them it lowers it enough to cover the arch which I like but it's the ride quality I'm thinking about.

Monaco 172
What's the ride like mate I got a set but debating on fitting them it lowers it enough to cover the arch which I like but it's the ride quality I'm thinking about.

do it! other than the realy small speed bumps you get in car parks which feel a bit harsh its spot on, you wont regret it!

took me 3 hours on my own with one jack!

Clio 182
Thanks for the pics mate, much appreciated! Looks good, what spacers are you thinking of? Need to buy myself a set now dont i? :p

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Brave lad getting under there with the scissor jack holding it up!

I found they didn't lower the back enough on mine (but yours seems to have lowered it more than mine - guess cos of your spare wheel?), looked standard so I got them sent off to a place in Sheffield and for £55 they dropped em another 30mm. Ride's still better than Apex.

7473853146_99f639d005.jpg

IMAG0316-1 by foodbeast04, on Flickr

Monaco 172
Brave lad getting under there with the scissor jack holding it up!

I found they didn't lower the back enough on mine (but yours seems to have lowered it more than mine - guess cos of your spare wheel?), looked standard so I got them sent off to a place in Sheffield and for £55 they dropped em another 30mm. Ride's still better than Apex.

7473853146_99f639d005.jpg

IMAG0316-1 by foodbeast04, on Flickr

Have a closer look at the pic and you will spot my trusty drum, full of expanding foam = unsquashable! lol that and a bit of wood to protect the sill and jobs a gooden.

mine got full interior, spare and a small sub.

Monaco 172
Thanks for the pics mate, much appreciated! Looks good, what spacers are you thinking of? Need to buy myself a set now dont i? :p

I have no idea, I dont have a clue where to start really. was thinking just some off the shelf 5mm, any more than that and I think i will go for a bolt on set.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Have a closer look at the pic and you will spot my trusty drum, full of expanding foam = unsquashable! lol that and a bit of wood to protect the sill and jobs a gooden.

mine got full interior, spare and a small sub.

ah yes! good work! Mines not one of these 'stripped' ones with the pointless rear bench removal, the cup seats weigh less than a good dump anyway.

Sportlines seem to work differently on different cars, have sorted yours out nicely tho.

Monaco 172
ah yes! good work! Mines not one of these 'stripped' ones with the pointless rear bench removal, the cup seats weigh less than a good dump anyway.

Sportlines seem to work differently on different cars, have sorted yours out nicely tho.

Thankyou sir, Just crying out for some spacers to get the stance I want now.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Do it mate better ride than std you wont regret it ! I had other springs before but Eibach are in a different league :approve:

Best mod you can do imo

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
I needed spring clamps, don't know how the front springs on the Ph1's differ from the ph2's but just be careful is all I'm saying, will do some damage if there's tension on the springs when you take the top mount off.

Also don't forget you need to get it tracked up once the springs have settled.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Looking good mate. I really rated the Eibachs on my 172, for the money they are a very worth while mod.