ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just fitted my dual optice :D

Golf MK4 GTi 1.8T
Got some really helpful advise from Shaun aka The Big Yin, but the low beam dash indicator stopped working and high beam indicator stays on whether I select low or high beam. In addition, I also experienced the problem of not being able to get both low & high beam working at the same time. Tried the fuse fix, but the only empty fuse slot (high beam icon) doesn't like having a fuse in it as once fused the high beam function fails all together! There is another fuse slot with a low beam icon on it, but the slot appears to be empty and won't take a fuse. Before I hack my way through the dashboard and pull out the entire fuse box, just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem with the dual optics conversion on a mk2 ph1 model? Btw mine is a 1.6 manual rxe. Comments will be much appreciated!

A well built VW
The first part you have explained sounds too me like you have some wires round the wrong way - try swapping the wires around a bit and see if that makes a difference

Golf MK4 GTi 1.8T
Shaun, took your advise and had another go at the wiring just now and yes it looks like I got one of the wires wrong! Thankfully no fuses or bulbs blew during my trial and error runs and now I've finally managed to get the lights working correctly! Will post thoughts and pictures shortly. Thanks very much for all your help :)