ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just fitted Whiteline ARB

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Just finished fitting my new whiteline rear ARB on the 172, gotta say it took me a few hours, first of all figuring out what went where and also Ive got a cold so had the 'CBA' approach

Ive got a few pics of it but cnt get them on the comp for some strange reason

First Impressions:

A lot less body roll, back end feels more planted and also the turn-in feels a lot sharper but also very precise, not had chance to really give it some grief to see what the lift off steer is like but im back out to go have a play :D

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I bought mine from Balance motorsport

Came to £105 for the fixed one including postage, I think the adjustable one comes in at just under £150 plus p+p

Definately worth buying imo, even in the wet it seems to have improved

Clio 172 Flamer
I bought mine from Balance motorsport

Came to £105 for the fixed one including postage, I think the adjustable one comes in at just under £150 plus p+p

Definately worth buying imo, even in the wet it seems to have improved

Good results then? :cool:

Just to double check you bought the fixed position ARB, and it was all delivered for £105?

coiled 'berg
at last, someone actually fitting one then posting on here about it!!!
loads of threads saying, "I heard that...." "I read somewhere on here......"

I started a thread a week or so ago about these trying to get info. please 'enthusiastically test' it a bit more and post findings, i'm definately interested in its effect on lift off oversteer.

get some pics up please when poss, is it visible from behind the car?

also probably most importantly, what suspension set up have you got?

have I asked too many questions?

172 ph1
at last, someone actually fitting one then posting on here about it!!!
loads of threads saying, "I heard that...." "I read somewhere on here......"

I started a thread a week or so ago about these trying to get info. please 'enthusiastically test' it a bit more and post findings, i'm definately interested in its effect on lift off oversteer.

get some pics up please when poss, is it visible from behind the car?

also probably most importantly, what suspension set up have you got?

have I asked too many questions?
I believe it is visible from the rear, according to pictures in the original thread

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm getting one. Jamsport are down as suppliers, going to see if they or balance are up for a group buy.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Yozza was the company that fitted and tested these weren't they Fred??

Performance Car Magazine or something a couple of years ago??

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
damn i wish i knew more about the CS community, sorry fred would've came to you to order if I'd Known

It is visible from the rear, IMO it looks extremely cool

Car is completely standard, keeps the car nice and level without the effect of a harsher ride that you get with lowering springs

All in all I'm pleased with it, Ive pushed it around a few roundabouts and some corners as far as I dare in the wet and it seems to be performing really well

Definately a good piece of kit for the money

I will one day be going for some coilovers, and it will be pretty low, the only problem I can see for anyone with a very low car is it may catch the floor? it sits approx 1.5-2 inches lower than the shock bolt so I shall be extremely careful with it when the day eventually arises and I have enough money for coils

For anybody looking to spend 100 quid on a very useful mod for the clio, id definately go for it, Ive experienced shed loads of bodyroll from my ph1 and this seems to have gotten rid of the majority of it, especially good for an otherwise standard set up

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Sounds good.

Heard the quality on them is shocking though. Rusting etc.

I'm tempted by the adjustable one I think.

Im thinking of painting mine as its just before the winter, maybe put a little smidge of copper grease hear and there around the bolts so no water/snow gets to attack :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
no problem, i went down to asda to get some ods and sods earlier and parked it as far away as possible so when I re-approached the car I could see the bar and yellow bushes in all there glory :D , Im a bush ***** :D

Anybody recomend and other low budget suspension trickery apart from coils that will make any difference?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
"I could see the bar and yellow bushes in all there glory :D"

cool IMO
definately, not exactly a 'common' mod on the clio, although after the group buy I think people will cotton on to the idea and start to experience the difference's for themselves,

Id love to see the views of somebody already running on coilovers after they fit one

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Good to see a another review, I've been wanting to know about how the ARB would be. The Golf community majorly approve of them, but not a lot about them on here.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've also heard great things from the vauxhall crew and also some scooby owners so they clearly know their stuff

I went for the fixed but if I had the funds would've went for the adjustable

Fred- Did you test the fixed against the adjustable?

Titanium 182
Ha told you to go for thr adjustable one you tight arse Chris.

Still need to see what this is like.

From What Fred has said makes a massive difference on the 182

Lionel Richie
right then update, the fixed bar is no longer in prodction as it didn't sell (if there's 10 people interested then it can be made again, but will take 3months, so that's out the window)

i'm awaiting confirmed prices but looking at 15% discount off rrp with an order of 10+ units

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
well just to report back, its nice and dry out now so I took the car down my favourite back road

To me it felt as if i didnt need to put as much effort in to keep everything running smoothly through the corners, the back end feels so much more planted than before, it actually feels like a completely different car to drive, and it doesnt try to kill you when you let off

I havent tried the lift off steer, as when i got it bad before it was going quite a speed, would be great for somebody to check this out though on track where it is SAFE!

All in all i can recomend one of these to ANYONE, no compromise on ride quality, just a better feeling and a lot safer

clio 182cup
What about front anti roll bar?

1111111904.jpg

(it is in Greek language...)
This is clio 3.0L front. It is 28mm
At the second row is the code number. (60 20 014 322)

a thirsty one
hmm aways fancies one since seeing one few years back on a trophy at oulton park. i guess for std cup suspension the middle setting is best.