ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got it(RS content) mobile pics

Porsche Boxster987S
crackin mate , looking forward to a shot;):rasp::cool:

wheels look superb btw , much better than silver:evil:

Da

Less
Love these cars, look stunning on the road - congrats! :)

Agree with the Brembo brake comment though, oh and the fact that Ford still insist on sticking the aerial at the front would annoy me greatly! :eek:

Tappd'd RS
Picking up on the Brembo comments - it doesn't need then unless you're thinking it needs them for looks?

Brakes are off some yank 2 1/2 ton SUV and are more than adequate :D

182 Trophy
still can't get on with how high they are, not a fan because of this, vents etc are slightly 'stick on' imho of course.
if i had one though it would be in this colour

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Picking up on the Brembo comments - it doesn't need then unless you're thinking it needs them for looks?

Brakes are off some yank 2 1/2 ton SUV and are more than adequate :D

Volvo XC90 V8.

Not the nicest looking callipers, but they do the job.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the recaros look really nice. that is the kind of thing the 200 should have. no doubt your recaros won't fall to bits.

Porsche Boxster987S
seen it in the metal last night and its safe to say pics dont do it justice. Best colour / colour combo for the rs ive seen. Looks hard as nails and sounds EPIC:evil: You better keep this one !

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Seen you turning onto Sauchiehall st last night about half 12

Not a fan of the black wheels, i thought i would have been aswell

Nice all the same :)

Skoda
Running is bulls**t TBH. There's an oil temp gauge so it's easy to see when the oil is hot. As long as you're not running 7,000rpm in every gear then it's not going to do any harm opening it up now and again. 3/4 throttle is even more bulls**t. The turbo ramps up to 1.4bar on 10% throttle so what difference is it going to make how hard you press the pedal?

IMO people are being over protective of these engines. It's a special car and a special engine, but it's still just a mass produced hatch. If it was going to do any damage by giving it the beans before 600 miles, the map would protect it. Just like any car really.

I gave mine the beans within about 10 minutes of owning it with 20 miles on the clock:approve: I've done 1000 miles now and its sweet as a nut

I like the PB but had to be white for me...

Need to get yourself a clear rear fog to balance the odd rear out

I gave mine the beans within about 10 minutes of owning it with 20 miles on the clock:approve: I've done 1000 miles now and its sweet as a nut

I like the PB but had to be white for me...

Need to get yourself a clear rear fog to balance the odd rear out

Yeah, over on FRSOC.com the Euro rear fog lamp is like silvervisions on CS :eek:

Not overly bothered TBH. Mine has 2 large on it now and has been popping and banging like a canon over the weekend. I got chatting to a bloke in a petrol station a few weeks back and he reckons a decat turns it into a crackling, flame spitting rally car. I think I need one :evil:

Skoda
Yeah, over on FRSOC.com the Euro rear fog lamp is like silvervisions on CS :eek:

Not overly bothered TBH. Mine has 2 large on it now and has been popping and banging like a canon over the weekend. I got chatting to a bloke in a petrol station a few weeks back and he reckons a decat turns it into a crackling, flame spitting rally car. I think I need one :evil:

Yeah mine pops and bangs like a b*****d too... Filling up with petrol (which is quite often) becomes a social gathering.. total strangers come up to me and start chatting about the car... an old bird came up to me in manchester and says "its right nice that... we've got a focus too" I looked across at her hubby in a green 1.6 s**t box lol

Mk4 .:R32
don't like the black wheels or side 'RS' grill, but other than that looks a beast :)

at least they didn't let a r****d design the interior like they did with the mk1 RS.

Yeah mine pops and bangs like a b*****d too... Filling up with petrol (which is quite often) becomes a social gathering.. total strangers come up to me and start chatting about the car... an old bird came up to me in manchester and says "its right nice that... we've got a focus too" I looked across at her hubby in a green 1.6 s**t box lol

Yeah same here. Even trips to the local tip have ended up in people asking me about it. I was aware of a Fiesta ST on the motorway yesterday which seemed to be lingering next to me instead of overtaking. I glanced over and saw the bloke's GF basically frigging herself off. This car is turning me into an ASW :cool:

They are amazing cars to own. So much greater than the sum of their parts. Low speed agility obviously isn't on par with the Clio, but otherwise they are sensational to drive quickly. Pick the line, adjust on the throttle, use the LSD to pull you out of the apex, BOOM, next corner please. Incredible grip. Awesome engine. So much character.

Then you can load the huge boot up with rubbish and potter down to the tip.

didnt u say you were doing 16 mpg?

I have managed 33 over the course of a few days of mixed driving but that was SRS difficult to achieve. Although yes, when gunning it, 16 isn't impossible. Mine has got better with miles. Realistically I probably average around 22.

Skoda
I drove from Manchester to Ipswich today, about 230 miles.. I reset the trip when I set off and got an indicated 24 mpg for the trip... That was a mix of spirited driving and a few areas of average speed cameras to dampen the flames

Tappd'd RS
Some pics from our 'mini meet' yesterday afternoon :)

4470936002_1e34243186_b.jpg

4470159101_2b5e5acfbb_b.jpg

4470936738_bfffdffd67_b.jpg

4470934986_a6e4bcfeb7_b.jpg

Ja. Basically, if you're using the boost properly, the petrol gauge needle swings almost as fast as the speedo. If you're super cautious, and use all the classic fuel saving techniques, you can run mid to high 30s over a motorway journey, and around 30 with mixed town driving. The car is almost impossible to drive that way though. Extreme restraint is required.

LOL just got even more attention at the petrol station just now. I think the ASW in me has been trying to get out for years :eek:

Common :p

Was two in Halfords car park today, and one across the road from my pals house. Although it is a green one, not sure on the green but love the blue with black wheels

F56 MINI Cooper S
Think those black wheels look soo much better than standard, go well with the black bits on the car.

What do people think to these rims on Frozen White? I just stole these pics from a thread on FRSOC.com. I doubt I'd do this due to flaking and corrosion issues, but stone me they look good.

FRSII_20100327_Wheels_02.gif

FRSII_20100327_Wheels_03.gif

FRSII_20100327_Wheels_05.gif

FRSII_20100327_Wheels_06.gif