ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got some 182 cup alloys and

Albi Blue Clio 197
i fitted them straight on after taking my old dynamique alloys off, and i am not sure if i should be offsettings them ? whatever that means ? they seem a bit close to the suspension struts like :s

They do look a bit lovely tho, i will get some pictures when i wash it

Cheers for any help and sorry for been a bit of a nub :(

Da

Less
the offsets are different mate, a clio Mk2 non-sport is ET37.5 mm and the 182 alloys are ET45. I fitted 5mm spacers to mine which sorted things out :approve:
What are the tyres 195 or 205's?

Yamaha R6
A spacer is a disc which will sit inbetween your wheel and the hub.. just incase you didnt know.. You can get them from quite alot of places.. Eibach ones are good.. I've got a spare set if your interested..

Albi Blue Clio 197
sorry that wasnt very well put, when you say "a spacer" are we talking about something like a washer then ? or is this something i need to go to halfords and buy ?

Mk2 1.6
I hear that spacers aint really good to use for some reason or other? cuz i was thinking of gettin some cup alloys too for my clio

Da

Less
ZanClio said:
I hear that spacers aint really good to use for some reason or other? cuz i was thinking of gettin some cup alloys too for my clio

spacers are often frowned upon because if you use wheels with the correct offset for your car, and then add spacers this can put extra strain on the wheel bearings making them wear out quicker. Whereas if you use spacers to correct the wrong-offset wheels (as I have) this should have no detrimental effect on the bearings.

Da

Less
yeah mate they're not all bad :) I would just say that any thicker than 5mm spacers would probably mean buying longer wheel bolts to make sure the wheel stays firmly attached ;)

Albi Blue Clio 197
Yea i just wondered that, will i need longer wheel nuts, i hope not cos that would mean new locking nuts as well

Da

Less
thegoodfight said:
Yea i just wondered that, will i need longer wheel nuts, i hope not cos that would mean new locking nuts as well
Nope, not with 5mm spacers but I wouldn't go any thicker really.