ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got the CTR detailed

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I've done nearly 50k in it now and its only ever been waxed once since new :eek: . Enlisted the skills of Scott at OCD detailing over in Bolton and holy sh*t what a difference!!! Top guy, nothing too much trouble and does exactly what he says he is gonna do.

Was thinking of selling because i need a bigger car, things have slightly changed now :D

After 6 hours of graft it now looks like this ...... :approve:

P1080846.jpg

P1080844.jpg

P1080845.jpg

Clio 172 mk2
Very nice

I think if I spent 6 hours cleaning/detailing a car I wouldn't want to take it out lol

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Even after being clayed, the PC was still pulling dirt out of the paintwork! You can really see the metallic now, all the green and red sparkles, really does look the part.

I thought the exhaust pipes were a lost cause aswell, they were black and nothing shifted it that i used. They are now a mirror chrome finish.

Revels Mum & Sister
I shall be doing the little 206 gti we have just bought. Same colour as that. Thats what I plan to do at work. Since moving premises I can fit my car in the empty space inside LOL

ST
Awesome mate..

I see it says 220bhp in your avatar...what mods have you done to get it there as my business partner has one exactly the same and his the standard 197bhp..

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Awesome mate..

I see it says 220bhp in your avatar...what mods have you done to get it there as my business partner has one exactly the same and his the standard 197bhp..

K-Pro + ITG Maxogen + Custom Map

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I do a lot of motorway miles and its fairly quiet at the moment. I know if i start messing with anything else the noise will increase significantly. TBH i'd want an LSD throwing in before anything else, can be hard work sometimes with no traction control.

I do a lot of motorway miles and its fairly quiet at the moment. I know if i start messing with anything else the noise will increase significantly. TBH i'd want an LSD throwing in before anything else, can be hard work sometimes with no traction control.

Just get a DC5.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Just get a DC5.

Look at the dog in the background on the 2nd picture ;)

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Haha, yep i suppose! Doubt she would be too happy, her head just touches the roof of the civic when she is sat in the boot as it is. Would love a DC5, esp a modded one.

clio 172 cup
does the kpro really make 40bhp more at 6k revs than standard?
guess ya vtec has been lowered does it still pull to 8k rev?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
K-Pro - £750 ish, ITG - £350 ish, 2 hour custom map - £160 ish.

TBH if i had the choice i would have waited and got an RBC manifold aswell with a hondata gasket and modified slam panel. This would cost around £400 fitted but would have given me 230-235 bhp after the custom map.

All easy mods to take off when selling if needed.

Octavia VRS
Mmmn K-Pro. Good choice.

Looks mint mate. I reckon I'll be back in EP3 ownership after I move house next year. And cosmic is the best colour of the lot...although satin was easy to keep clean ;)

Your CTR must have been registered up here as my old one was SG53

172 & RSi
I'm in Bolton too, how much are we looking at for this sort of service. PM me if you wish mate.

Cheers

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Mmmn K-Pro. Good choice.

Looks mint mate. I reckon I'll be back in EP3 ownership after I move house next year. And cosmic is the best colour of the lot...although satin was easy to keep clean ;)

Your CTR must have been registered up here as my old one was SG53

Think I remember you having a CTR mate ... come back to the dark side lol !!

If actually did a 400 mile round trip to Glasgow to pick it up! I basically emailed about 15 dealers with cheeky offers, 3 came back to me and finally struck a deal with a Honda dealership up in Glasgow.

It was 4 month old, done 3,000 miles and give £14k for it - after quite a bit of haggling! They were all around £16k down my neck of the woods. Not bad for a few hours on the computer and a few hours on the motorway :D

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Cheers Darren. Front is pretty damn good considering the paint is so thin on these. The only stone chips on the bonnet that have been touched up and ones from before i bought the car! Front spoiler aint bad either.

Hows your clio mate ? That done a few miles now ? Black isnt it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Darren. Front is pretty damn good considering the paint is so thin on these. The only stone chips on the bonnet that have been touched up and ones from before i bought the car! Front spoiler aint bad either.

Hows your clio mate ? That done a few miles now ? Black isnt it.

Ah, she's doing well still. Mid-50's mileage now so the cambelt beckons early next year I would have thought. Had a few issues recently like a rear shock going, inserts on the exhaust, split CV boot clip, etc. But got these changed and chucked in some new NGK replacement plugs at the same time. That along with the rigid-6k oil swap seems to be keeping it sweet. :)

Never knew the CTR paint was so thin, tbh. On one of my many Evo window-shopping trips, I saw a black CTR in the line-up that literally had its front chipped to bits. Almost like flicking a brush with Tipp-Ex at it! Not that the Clio paintwork is much better - lol.

D.

Golf 7R
Nice CTR mate. Do you frequent civictype-r.co.uk at all? I have a friend on there (ozziej) who has the following mods - aem, spoon'd, dc sports manifold, k100, quaiffe l.s.d, uprated brakes, uprated clutch (nighthawk black) its a weapon, and with the LSD is a very good car to drive! The sound is also immense!