ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just had an accident :o(

ok the below pics show u the damage.

what exactly happened was i cliped a fcuking island. and all i heard was pop. there has been no puncher, or bodywork damage.. it just looks like the alloy has been damaged, but that can be refurbed, i hope. (i dont know about the steering or alignment, suspension yet.

my insurance has got in touch with renault city and they are gona pic up my car and sort it... i hope. i will get a courtesy car today too, i hope.

the problem i have is the AIRBAG, it blew when i hit my alloy.

i contacted ilford renault dealer and they said it will cost me at least £800, to fix my seat or they said i might need to replace the seat...

bloody 400 excess.. :(

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5563/damage13mj.jpg

i hope drkerbs can fix this

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/4615/damage20xj.jpg

bullocks

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 24 August 2005

Refurb ??!!! think again thats a new rim that ones f**ked. sh*t luck fella hope it gets sorted.
I was thinking that, I doubt theyd be able to rebuild it back up, thats in a right state.

***For sale***

One set of 17" Dare V2s finished in black, 3 wheels immaculate, one may requiring refurbing, only noticeable close up.

May PX for new drivers seat and new front suspension.

Just kidding mate ;)

172, Tiguan

Yer that wheel is a gonna!! Your probably best to pick up a seat from J3ned, be cheaper than Renault.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

OK - i can sell you a seat airbag for £50 + vat, they bolt in. Get your seat re-stitched at an upholsterers ( £40 ish ) then you will need to replace your seat belt pretensioner ( holster ) you will find which ever one was plugged in at the time will have exploded and pulled downwards - £77.20 from renault. Then you will also need to replace your airbag computer which can vary from £80 - £230 depending on your oval plate number ( parts id code ) then once this has been done it will have to go on a "clip" renault diagnostic computer to have the airbag light knocked off. As for the alloy you will be able to source a single on somewere im sure

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 24 August 2005

Unlucky mate. How exactly did you clip a traffic island?

well, i was turning into a road, and i was approaching the island, which had a small gap, and i didnt make it. its the worst place to have an island, anyway alloys hit the corner of the island curb, and my air bag popped...

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 24 August 2005

***For sale***

One set of 17" Dare V2s finished in black, 3 wheels immaculate, one may requiring refurbing, only noticeable close up.

May PX for new drivers seat and new front suspension.

Just kidding mate ;)

:(............

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Thats what you get for having a car with a high NCAP safety rating!

It seems a little eager to have triggered the airbag at what must have been a slow(ish) speed?

Hope you get it sorted m8 - such a shame that happened to a decent looking alloy too...

D.

Mini Cooper S sport

Thats a hell of a clip! You must have been cornering pretty fast or it was a massive edge.

Think youll have to cough up the excess .. its annoying that the airbag went off, but it sounds horribly expensive to fix.

yo yo, luckly the refurb place sorted my alloy out, i have to pick up my car up at 4:30pm.. ill take after pics... regarding the airbag... i dont know wat to do...

btw, my alloys are 17" wolfrace excite twinblades

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 24 August 2005

i have a passenger + drivers side pre tensioner and the same seat covers if you need them

oh, have you... i will have to let you know fred... thanx

Quote: Originally posted by JPEX-CLIO on 24 August 2005

yo yo, luckly the refurb place sorted my alloy out, i have to pick up my car up at 4:30pm.. ill take after pics... regarding the airbag... i dont know wat to do...

btw, my alloys are 17" wolfrace excite twinblades

And they have a website?

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

:eek: Ouch! Sorry to see your car like that pal, hope your wheel gets fixed up okay. As for the seat surely a pair of sport/bucket seats must be the way to go?

Racing Blue 182

There is still a flat spot on that wheel. wouldnt bother going through insurance just spend xs on fixing it. As its a fault claim they will screw you next year more than you will have to folk out.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Did the airbag do anymore than put a massive bruise on the back of your arm? I think there should be an option to switch airbags off personally.