ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just had an accident :o(

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 24 August 2005

OK - i can sell you a seat airbag for £50 + vat, they bolt in. Get your seat re-stitched at an upholsterers ( £40 ish ) then you will need to replace your seat belt pretensioner ( holster ) you will find which ever one was plugged in at the time will have exploded and pulled downwards - £77.20 from renault. Then you will also need to replace your airbag computer which can vary from £80 - £230 depending on your oval plate number ( parts id code ) then once this has been done it will have to go on a "clip" renault diagnostic computer to have the airbag light knocked off. As for the alloy you will be able to source a single on somewere im sure
Thats good advice it will be cheaper just than paying your £400 excess and it means keeping your no claims.

I wish Id used J3ned after every time my wife drove my old cup!

Quote: Originally posted by racing182 on 24 August 2005
wouldnt bother going through insurance just spend xs on fixing it.

he cant anyway, the mods werent declared

idiotic action if you ask me

dfdf

Just a quick query regarding the seat? If you dont get the airbag replaced / repaired does that mean the car will fail an MOT without it?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

thats sh1t news buddy.

personally id renew that wheel, it looks worryingly like they have used metal filler. lol

As for the side airbag, pick up a set of used buckets off eBay. ben_p got some for circa £150 with subframes(which he had to modify admittedly).

I had a friend with a Mk2 172 and his side airbag went off at Croft on one of the kerbs, we both crapped ourselves!!

good luck with whatever.

--chris

[Edited by carbon copy on 24 August 2005 at 8:41pm]

Black Clio 182

isurance company wud f**k u over if you went thru them. probably cancel ur insurance. ALWAYS!!!!! declare your mods, not matter what. if you cant afford to then dont bother doing them mods. when will people learn.