ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had car stolen!

Honda S2000

Hi Everyone,
my Cup has just been stolen. Cant sleep cos im too annoyed!!!! They smashed my house window and got the keys, then when me and my mum came down to see what was happening one was stood at the window threatening her and telling her not to move, while the other one took off the steering lock! Then they sped off!
Anyway to cut a long story short they caught the w****r about 2 miles from my house. He had lost control when the police were chasing him and put it into a wall. Obviously couldnt handle the power!! Police think it could be a write off. He is now in a cell, hopefully sharing with some big fat horny hairy guy.
Anyone got ideas about what a 52 plate Cup is worth?? 27,000 miles, immaculate... well it was....

Remapped derv Golf

I reckon its worth about £7 - £7.5k but as always its hard to tell. Theyve taken a massive drop in price since the 182 and 182 Cup came out. Selling mine soon and dont reckon Ill get a good price for it!

Really sorry to hear that! Happened to someone else off here to. Total b******s! Really hope they throw the book at him!

Hope you get what its worth off the insurance company!

what a c**t, but a lesson to be learnered here.

dont go to bed with a woman.. sleep with your keys instead

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Really sorry to hear about this! I recently bought a key safe for exactly this reason!

Honda S2000

I wanna know how bad the damage is but its been taken away and I doubt theyll let me see it. I couldnt sleep so went to see were theyd crashed it. I found a piece of my bumper and a wing mirror!! Its so depressing!!

hey i know its no concilation but at least you and your family are ok, you could of been hurt when they took your keys !!!! hope you get sorted soon

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

sh*t, thats harsh.

Chin Up Kelly, Im sure it will sort itself out.

In the mean time, collect ALL the information you can about similar cars for sale (higher the better).

That way when the insurance co offer you a pay out, you can say "nope, its not high enough, look at all these adverts for similar cars at higher prices etc"

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

sorry to hear that. But at the end of the day its only a peice of metal. - someone could have been seriously hurt

silver valver/hybrid

gutted for ya! as others say, look for other cups for sale, at high price as possible. least they didnt hurt anyone (except themselves hopefully)

u have a right to see the car kelly i had too remove all my system from mine so just ring up the compound where its been taken sorry to hear that but really smashing ur house window for the keys prob so one who noes u ?

If it is a write off they will try n give u as little as possible... do not take the first offer! if you have had the car from new you will be able to get more yes more than the book price! I know I have done it!! say you want them to replace the car exact spec mileage number of owners etc say you will give them a month and want a choice of 3.... they wont bother they will up their offer! if you have had it from new it will be impossible for them to find an 02 plate for example for which you can be the first owner!!! you insure ur car to protect your investment not to end up with a load of old sh17!!

don't

some1s been watching u do u think??

can u see the keys from the outside window??

they will prob hardly get anything knowing our legal system

least the car was found and criminals caught, could have been alot worse

As said above least youve not been physically hurt, it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Did you not go for the gap insurance?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

sh*t this is bad! Hope all is sorterd well and the little pricks drop the soap in the shower!!!!

Not a Clio

sorry to hear whats happened but honestly... leaving your keys by a window is almost an open invitation!

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 08 December 2004

hey i know its no concilation but at least you and your family are ok, you could of been hurt when they took your keys !!!! hope you get sorted soon
sorry to hear that, totally agree with above though. hope things get sorted. and hope the scum gets it all the way up his arse

190 BHP Willy 2

sh*t, its getting kinda scary now aint it. How many times do we hear of this???

At least your ok and I hope your mums not too shook up.

question is why were they able to steal your keys. who honestly leaves their keys by a door or window these days.

anyway hope it all gets sorted

don't

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 08 December 2004

question is why were they able to steal your keys. who honestly leaves their keys by a door or window these days.

ud be surprised, id guess that over 50% of car owners leave keys near front door!!

mine go upstairs to my room along with my wallet and headunit face

I felt alittle sick after reading your post Kelly! Not for the fact your car was stolen but the way they manage to break in your house & catching them red handed while telling you what to do :mad: Total scum! They should bring back hanging! I cant imagine how you must be feeling as a result.

Kinda has a happy ending (not for your cup i know) fingers crossed they get whats coming to them, but something tells me its going to be a slap on wrist and no milk and cookies for 3 months going by our current legal system workings! :mad: Turns out we are running at of room to store these w**kers!

Fingers corssed you get a good return on your cup, and that the scum bags get whats coming! ie 3 nights with mikec

Full Fat 182 - Was..

claim compensation!!!! that will buy you a new car

And dont worry, your not ripping off innocent people your screwing over the scum that did your house and car!

Claim, distress and undue tension from the threats made to you and your mum, and the fact that you could have been badly hurt or worse

Depression that your LOVE has been stolen and destroyed

lay it on thick, along with loss of earnings, increased paranoya and some more bull sh*t and then youll have a new car

And if you see the scum in the road with your new car. Run him down, back up and make sure hes in a bad way...

b******s feel for you mate

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 08 December 2004

claim compensation!!!! that will buy you a new car

And dont worry, your not ripping off innocent people your screwing over the scum that did your house and car!

Claim, distress and undue tension from the threats made to you and your mum, and the fact that you could have been badly hurt or worse

Depression that your LOVE has been stolen and destroyed

lay it on thick, along with loss of earnings, increased paranoya and some more bull sh*t and then youll have a new car

And if you see the scum in the road with your new car. Run him down, back up and make sure hes in a bad way...

b******s feel for you mate

I couldnt agree more James!! but what you have to remember is that these scum bags now know where Kelly lives :( which would make things difficult i would have thought.

But your right tho.. id take them to the cleaners! c**tS!

Quote: Originally posted by clioman on 08 December 2004

How mant times people got to be told, Go to be with your keys.
makes you wonder if you are better off hideing your keys, what if they broke in couldnt find the keys then proceded to beat the sh*t out of you until you gave them the keys. Seems to of been a lot of incidents around my area where robberys have taken place at gun point.

Nippy white cup

Sorry to hear this Kelly. Glad you and your Mum are unhurt and I hope you get a good price on your Cup

Chris nnic

Honda S2000

Supposedly there was a convoy of cars which had all been stolen and they were on their way somewhere. The police drove past them all by chance and then turned around and chased them. My clio overtook all of them so the police focused on that. They lost sight of it, thought theyd lost it and went over a hill and it was in a wall. So the police got lucky.

The police said it had been very well organised as quite a few cars had been taken. Im picturing them planning it like in Gone in 60 Seconds!!

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

sh*t news...sorry to hear it...:(

Hope youget it all sorted out ok.

happened to a friend of ours....all our car keys are locked away everynight now.....

Honda S2000

The keys werent next to the window either. They had got in and got them by the time I had got to the top of the stairs.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

v6 owners must be going to bed worrying!

sounds like proper organised crime, scary sh*t!

Ziel Nurburgring

Like others have said, glad no one was hurt physically. And at least they caught the b******s, not like normal where the police kinda have to say there isnt a lot they can do.

Defo get some autotrader and forecourt prices for the car so when the insurance try to f**ck you over you can tell them where to stick their first offer.

Did you get a hire car out of it?