ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered my Rs Tuner Kit

80MPG BEEZA
well i've got pipercross viper,matched inlets,182 manifold,decat and yozza exhuast

would my car benifit from this? and would it be best getting a custom map from henk?

henk as your online, Ordered mine on Friday looking forward to getting it soon. My 172 is completely standard engine and exhaust wise. What would be the best map to download.

The latest available. Make sure you load the right calbration according to the software version your car is using. The ECU software version can be seen from the main screen when connected to the car.

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I think I shall be ordering this Kit Next Month :D

Been thinking about it for ages, Just need to borrow a Laptop to load it onto :)

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
I'm prob gonna get shot down in flames for asking this :eek: but will the RS Tuner work with bodies and cams??

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Received my kit on friday, tried using it today for the first time but when trying to connect I get the following messages...

'Could not start communications with ecu.'

and

'Unrecognised Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).'

Anyone got any ideas? Im awaiting a reply from Henk.

Clio Sport 172
with this kit does anything get left on the car from the kit? or could we pay one of you guys that have the kit to re map our cars?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
You can remap other cars but have to pay a for an additional license i belive to be able to map the other car.

Received my kit on friday, tried using it today for the first time but when trying to connect I get the following messages...

and

I had this same problem on my 197, until I figured it out. I had omitted the part of the "getting started" where it says to insert the keycard to the keycard slot prior to trying to connect with RSTuner. After that it worked like a charm.

I'm still waiting for the calibration file for my RS Clio III 197 tho :)

and

I had this same problem on my 197, until I figured it out. I had omitted the part of the "getting started" where it says to insert the keycard to the keycard slot prior to trying to connect with RSTuner. After that it worked like a charm.

I connected the obd to the car and then turned the ignition on (I wasn't sure if it meant to actually start the engine or put it on the 2nd click? - but I tried both) Then openened rstuner and pressed 'connect' and got those error messages.

Still awaiting a reply from Henk.

Last edited:
  Ph-Quick
I think if you do a search this happened someone before - I seem to recall it happening before anyway and it was to do with the chassis (VIN) number not being supported. In the previous instance Henk changed something and got it sorted.

Renaultsport 220T

I connected the obd to the car and then turned the ignition on (I wasn't sure if it meant to actually start the engine or put it on the 2nd click? - but I tried both) Then openened rstuner and pressed 'connect' and got those error messages.

If you read the manual properly, it says to run the sorftware, then it prompts u to turn the ignition on. Maybe try that?

Elise S1 B&C 140
Update on My progress - Read the ECU and the Cal file off the car and saved to Memory stick- Now to download the correct remap and go for a drive in the sun:cool:

If you read the manual properly, it says to run the sorftware, then it prompts u to turn the ignition on. Maybe try that?

Got it working! Had to turn the ignition, then plug the obd in and then start the software. Strange.

I backed up the .cal and the ecu just to be safe and then loaded the 7300 .cal file.

Only had a very short run to work, which most was waiting for the engine to heat up, but it ran alot less 'lumpy' from cold. Gave it one little blast and it felt alot better - the 5k kick was a bit more spread out and it felt like it pulled harder than before. (Was only using 95 ron fuel as well)

Will need to do a PA with the standard .cal and then another with the ron98.cal and 98 fuel to see the difference really.

PH1 172 Sport
Just finished remapping mine. Car has gained a max of 10Nm of torque between 3500 and 4500rpm. It has also gained 5kw of power between this rev range.

Torque and power are up over the rev range up to about 6000rpm where it is pretty much the same as stock.

Car idles allot less lumpy so overall I'm very impressed with the results. Ive been told the car needs about 10 decent runs before the map settles in so ill do another performance test then although it obviously wont be as accurate as conditions will have changed.