ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just out of interest - 172/Cup Survey

Skoda Fabia vRS

1. simply........how would you rate the build quality / reliability of the 172/Cup you own........out of 10...?

base your opinion on how much the car costs........yes a brand new car should be perfect no matter what you pay, i dont want to get into that argument

2. would you buy another 172/Cup ?

3. would you buy another Renault ?

1. not getting into numbers but for the cost im happy with the build quality

2. if i was spending the money again i would still be happy to have a 172 but i expect my next car will be something a bit mental if funds will run to it

3. depends how much i was spending or what car i was in the market for but ive not been put off of buying another renault yet (had a gt turbo before the 172)

Abarth 595 Trufeo

1. 8 - have had very very few probs with the mk1 172

2. Yes got one on order - should be here on the 17th Oct

3. Yes - as above

Something special about the 172. I have had problems with renault and the car since the word go but dont think another car would give the grin factor.

It cant be explained by marks out of 10. On paper there are probably better buys. However when i look at my car in a crouded car park with the knowledge it can probably outperform 99% of the other cars on any given circuit, all the problems with renault fade into insignificance. I for one am glad renault keep knocking out these superb hot hatches and hope the next variant has the same character that the other manufacturers are lacking.

If you gonna have the embaressment of owning something french its got to be a renault!

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

1. 7

2. Yes

3. YES V6 or Megane 225 ( i am a mummy after all) Prob buy another espace...

Clio 1.6 16V

1. 8 ..... best bang for bucks!

2. Yes

3. Mk2 V6 .... in ma dreams!!!:cool: or maybe the new RS 2004 Clio if/when it arrives?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 03 October 2003

1. simply........how would you rate the build quality / reliability of the 172/Cup you own........out of 10...?

base your opinion on how much the car costs........yes a brand new car should be perfect no matter what you pay, i dont want to get into that argument

2. would you buy another 172/Cup ?

3. would you buy another Renault ?
1 - Not the best car Ive owned in terms of build...

2 - No, I always move on.

3 - Possibly

1. 6/10 (BTW people, BRUN asked about reliability/build quality, not performance, which Im sure we all agree is top notch :D)

2. No

3. Definitely not. There are so many other car makers out there, I might as well see if any of them actually respect and value their customers by providing halfway decent service and cars that dont rattle, creak and generally drop to bits. Unless Renault have a Skoda style re-vamp, then I wouldnt consider buying one again. Personally Honda are tempting me with the new Integra Type-R or the CTR.

Not had any probs with my car really, the odd squeak etc but for the money i can live with it.

Wont buy another Clio, didnt think id buy this one to be honest but the performance for what money id payed for it outweighed anything else.

Not unless they produce something quicker, that Megane RS looks nice, would have to take it for a spin but i would imagine its be around the 20k mark and therefore out of my price range. Next on the list is a pre owned proper sports car, but thats 2.5 years away yet.