ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just over a month and already 2 Clio's down :(

Rally Cinquecento
Well...just over a month ago i passed my test :D and at the time a had a 1.9D, good enough car for what i used it for. But then the head went on it :mad:. So i thought thayt this was a good enough reason to look for a new car, and id wanted a 1.2 to begin with. So went out and bought one. NIce little green one, N reg, 68K good condition. Great :D. Got it after work last saturday, loved it! great little car! but what did i do on the way from work yesterday (sunday - the day after i got it!) Put it on its roof!!! Not haveing mutch luck with this car game!!

Rally Cinquecento
Nah i aint got any pics, only had the car a day so i cant do a before and after, and the police had to arrange someone to come and get it. But im getting it bach on the weekend so ill inspect the damage. and try and get some pics up.
Yeah i was fine, i couldnt belive it rolled actualy, because it had virtualy stoped when it went over! didnt go all the way just onto its roof. if it hadnt gone over it would just be a case of some new bumpers mabye bonnet, but now the roof is bent! :(
And you cant say i was beeing a boy racer and speeding because i was only doing 40 in a 60! so i dont no how i lost it realy, just the rear end went away and then it all happend very slowly. so slowly in fact i dont have a scratch on me, and im not even acheing a bit today!

clio 172 sport, zxr6
dont claim if you can get away with it m8, otherwise you will never get insurance for ages

Rally Cinquecento
I no a 60 area dosent mean take everything at 60, its a corner yould usualy take at about 50 ish. It was wet so i slowed down more than usual, the car didnt roll ar anything out of the usual and all of a sudden the back end stepped out. Tyres were all almoast new and everything.

Im not going to claim, as no one els was involved, the person who owned the the hedge that i hit said they didnt mind, as there were 2 whitnesses saying i was going sensibly when it happend.

And i think ill just stick to the go karts at work for now ;)

Rally Cinquecento
Aye, thanks for the consern from all of you.

The clio might not be dead tho, iv got another lyeing in the back, so might just try to fix her up, as the roof didnt get badly damaged and everything seemed to be still in place. But i still havent seen it properly so i cant say.

1.8 8v RSi
did it have powersteering? i remember the first tiem i got a car with power steering i turnned the wheel too far and the back end came out...wasn't used to it

Rally Cinquecento
nope, its the other way round, my other clio had power steering and this one didnt, but you might have something there...

1.8 8v RSi
too much turnning to compensate for no powersteering? if it helps i wrote off 3 cars and the head gasket went twice on the 4th in 1 year....coure im a little more sensible these days lol

Rally Cinquecento
mabye, something like that i supose, mabye it was the reason i could not correct it properly, i tried to op-lock but failed.

Well my tutor at collage has a theory, everyone crashes in there first year in some way or another lol. its right so far with everyone i no lol
everyone i no has damaged there car in some sort of way

Rally Cinquecento
I got the car back today, and it is a wright off, the roof pillars has been bent so its a no go, but the engine still runs as good as ever :D...so the engine will now go into the diesel shell, i no its a lot of work but id like a bit of a challange!

Here are some pics of the car: (i've already started to take parts off by the time id taken these pics)

Attachments

• Llun007_2.jpg
    Llun007_2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Llun008_1.jpg
    Llun008_1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Llun002_1.jpg
    Llun002_1.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 61