ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just picked up a bargain! 182 FF cup

Clio 182 FF Cup
Hello everyone, just introducing myself to the forum and showing off the car i bought last week. Always wanted one of these little rockets and now was the time after my old BMW packed in. Had around £2000 saved for the purchase, and after a few weeks scouring gumtree daily i picked up this beautiful 182 for just 1K. Car has done 95k miles and standard apart from lowered springs. Think she might need track rod ends done but apart from that after putting a full ta k of fuel through blasting local B roads there isnt a single fault to be picked. Off to SWR next week for a proper going over.
Hopefefully see some of you guys at the next hot hatch day at knockhill in april?

Attachments

• 20180329_144556_HDR.jpg
    20180329_144556_HDR.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 233
  • 20180329_170750_HDR.jpg
    20180329_170750_HDR.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 209

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats and welcome. Any history with it? Can't really go wrong for a grand, even if you have the belts and dephaser done you'll still be in your £2k budget.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Absolute bargain that. SWR are a brilliant garage and should be able to find anything wrong with it

2003 Clio 172
Nice.
Amazing what you can get for a grand - I only paid 950 for my 172 last week. Had to put four new tyres on it and it has a few niggles but I just see it as an ongoing project.

Clio 182 FF Cup
Congrats and welcome. Any history with it? Can't really go wrong for a grand, even if you have the belts and dephaser done you'll still be in your £2k
budget.
Nah mate absolutely nothing. Guy was a mechanic and was sold by his mum as he is working away so no info whatsoever. Well actually there is a reciept for new tyres in 2006 haha so not what i could call comprehensive!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Welcome along mate, if all is well with it then that is a bargain. I’d definitely think about getting your cambelt and six belt replaced though especially with no history. That’s one thing that will turn that from a bargain in to a money pit if the belt goes and the pistons kiss.

Clio 182 FF Cup
Welcome along mate, if all is well with it then that is a bargain. I’d definitely think about getting your cambelt and six belt replaced though especially with no history. That’s one thing that will turn that from a bargain in to a money pit if the belt goes and the pistons kiss.
Yes mate, ive been getting that feeling, cant rely on someones word! Will have the conversation when im in at SWR. Is there a way to check the condition of these parts before going straight to replacement?

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Welcome along, another member of the £1k bargain club :up:

SWR are pretty good, mines is also going in there next week for its MOT, and they’ll keep you right with what it needs.

Nil presently.
Yes mate, ive been getting that feeling, cant rely on someones word! Will have the conversation when im in at SWR. Is there a way to check the condition of these parts before going straight to replacement?

Remove cambelt cover, then proceed to sob quietly as you count the number of missing teeth on your 'recently replaced' cambelt. Crywank for days following (personal experience).

Full fat 182 for less than a grand.. bonkers the prices these are now.

But it won't be a Cup (which in 182 form isn't such a bad thing) FF means both Cup packs, not a Cup model, have a search on here, there is books of information to take in.

Enjoy it

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one. I picked mine up for similar money. Just finished doing belts and clutch. Should be ready in the next few weeks.

I might come along to knockhill next week. See how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty Cup
Great choice!! ive been hooked for longer than i care to admit. A set of light weight 15" alloys will transform how the car feels when your ready to start upgrading.

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Great buy, what a bargain!!

I had a good deal on my 172 standard. Although I had to do belts and dephaser. My running total is £1200 which is car, dephaser, belts, new speedo sensor, new wipers and 2 new Toyo tyres.