ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just removed accoustic valve! sounds like a beast!!

Roadster Coupe
Just removed my accoustic valve and installed a 76mm cold air feed pipe. The car sounds awsome now pulling off. where the car sounded good after bout 4k rpm be i removed, the car sounds beefy all the way up through the revs! I'd def reccommend it!

Roadster Coupe
well easiest way i found 2 get at it is 2 remove ue passenger headlight and u should c just below. the pipe from ur airbox connects to it. all it does is make ur engine quieter up til abut 4k rpm.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah interested in doing this myself just see what the difference is like,

Roadster Coupe
I just removed the air feed pipe and sloted the new pipe onto the plastic bit whch clips in the air box. i would prob suggust getting a smaller pipe tho, maybe a 70m or bit smaller. 76mm was a bit 2 big. U wont notice any difference really. only thing u will notice is that the car sounds so much better now than before.

Roadster Coupe
The accoustic valve is only fitted i think to the ph2 172/172 cup/182/trophy and the new 197 i think.

Clio 172 mk2
carrmrc96 said:
The accoustic valve is only fitted i think to the ph2 172/172 cup/182/trophy and the new 197 i think.

Yep..I think your right there

I've still got mine in place.....car sounds beefy enough as it is and I don't think it affects performance at all

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Just a quickie..if i remove it do i have to put a new feed in or can i just leave the airbox with no feed onto it?

The valve sits at the end of the secondary intake pipe. Removing it still leaves the intake pipe in place. I did this last weekend on my 55 plate 182, at the same time as fitting a K&N panel filter. The noise difference is bearly noticable, the performance difference is only slight. It certainly doesn't sound anything remotely "like a beast" as the title inferred. If its noise you want just slap on a 57i but be prepared for a slight loss in power.

Roadster Coupe
only sounds good when you put on a diff cold air feed pipe, i got a metal 76mm diameter hose. the old standard hose absorbs the sound cos its made of some kind of fabric.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Just done this today on the Clio. May have made it louder but that may just be me.