ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just smacked my exhaust :(

Driving along a main A road and tehre is a bit where they have put a new pipe in or somemt accross the one sode of the road, but they ahvent smoothed it off properly and its about 1" or so proud of the road.

Comming along at 70ish and go up over it and smack down hard, was a fecking solid impact.

Stopped and the c#exhaust is blowing from the cat joint to the down pipe, and its hanging lower then it shoudl be im thinking it may well ahve bent ot the downpipe too as there is a flat spot on the bottem.

Gonna ring the council tomorrow, do i have any hope of them paying for my car to be sorted, at best its reseating the cat joint, and at worse its a new downpipe.

Went back to the scene and took some pics, not very good cus obvously its at night, will get some better ones tomorrow.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1104789116__CIMG0495.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1104789173__CIMG0498.jpg

Sppologies for the quality didnt have much room on teh cam to use a high res pic

Here is clearly where i smacked it...at 70 :(

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1104789264__CIMG0499.jpg

1" proud?

Not a chance.. haha. If you only have 1" ground clearence, how can you drive on normal roads properly?

No i have somethign like 3-4" clearence, but its the fact that when you hit it at 70 your car bounces and when it comes back down the suspension compresses and hence you hit it

What was the speed limit on the road? If you said you were doing 70 in a 60 zone then you dont have a chance.

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 03 January 2005
What was the speed limit on the road? If you said you were doing 70 in a 60 zone then you dont have a chance.

Hehe, was thinking the same..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol 1" proud u on crack, i told u a couple nights ago about it, its like a speed hump its atleast 3" tall at the highest point, i hit it at about 40 and saw stuff flying round my car, its completely stupid its huge not 1" tall at all... LOL

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

flippin thing is MASSIVE!!! as malice said about 3-4" off grnd

just a huge slab of tarmac on the road

Oooh and aftr returnign to the scene, i sunk in the mud and got stuck!!!

grrrrr bloody trainers are wrecked

:cry: thought i told you your fetish for fat birds would backfire, car wouldnt have been sitting so low if you had some skinny bird in it ;)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

:mad:

:oops:

Was stood at side of road. no lights, DARK Country lane, suddenly mud gave way and i was about a foot and a half under, solid mud!!! both feet stuck, had to jump outand get covered in mud, with Lunner trying to pull my trainers out the ground :S

he got pics of them after we got bak home !

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

i wanted to get pics of me stuck, but i was still sinking so cudnt!! PMSL

Take as many pics as you can including some showing a rule so they can see the exact hieght of the repaired area and you might.............just might be in with a shout.

But what the council do is use a "SO CALLED" idependant loss adjuster and its absolute bu11sh*te.................independent its a bloody joke its just a way they can cop out and pat themselves on the back and give the so called loss adjusters a % of the loot.

I recon youre gonna have to do what I did and take them all the way to court and ofcourse theyll back down and thats when you can screw them for much much more than they would otherwise have had to pay cause the shoes on the other foot and by that time you are in the driving seat but you do need a VERY good case and it is a risk eh :mad:

Cya Stu

I thought it was the width so that they could fly over them but cars.........being narrower would be slowed down!

Cya Stu

here is a better pic of it, and even this doesnt show the full hight, its a busy rtoad so hard to get in the road and show the height of it.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1104860805__HUMP.jpg

Spoke to a guy at the concil at lunchtimne about it and he said he woudl get onot it and fiind out which utility dug it up and he woudl get back to me....havent heard anything yet, if i havent heard anything by tomorrow lunchtime will ring again.

Its just outside Morton in the Marsh in the Cotswolds

Lowered 55mm :cry:

Yes i know that once they find out its lowered i dont have a chance in hell of getting anything.....

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

wow, u can see my "trenches" were my feet have been :oops:

Huge bits where we struggled to pull my trainers out, this was in the pitch black dark with only a maglite heheh

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

The concil wont case...I had a very good case against them and they told me to piss off!

Pot hole was 7inches deep and 38inches in length!

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 04 January 2005

is that the a429? im loving that road proper twisty!
Yeah it is....fantastic road, i know the length of most of it and usually take it at about 80/90 :oops:

Lucky i was following soemoen and going closer to 60