ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Some Pics Of Our 225 BHP 1.2 and GDI's 182

Lionel Richie
i attacked it with an angle grinder, then Yoz took it too far LOL

it needed bonnet pins, but hey ho nevermind

tis only ££

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
i know its a cup..just everybody refers to it as a 1.2 ;-) how much was the helix and is it a necessary mod to go with the rest? as i am...clutch illiterate, what are the benefits of the helix? road manners etc? prob having tb's so just trying to get as much info, ta

Lionel Richie
std clutch will destroy itself on anything over 210bhp (with abuse aka track)

the Helix in Yoz's is the paddle clutch, and the car needs it!! (IIRC its about £300ish)

its an absolute bugger to drive with it in stop/start trafiic

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
thanks Fred, where there other clutch options or did you just pick it as the car is track orientated? what do BBT use?

Weeman sucks ****
Cup pics look awesome Yoz, 5th one down especially...ever think about orange wheels to match the other bits?

1.6 focus zetec....
I know this is a bit cheeky to ask but im very curious about this as i have a 1.2 and would love to have it running 225bhp......so how much over all did it cost?? When you say its a bugger in start/stop traffic fred, is that due to the bite being high or what??

Thanks
Kiza

kiza1986 said:
I know this is a bit cheeky to ask but im very curious about this as i have a 1.2 and would love to have it running 225bhp......so how much over all did it cost?? When you say its a bugger in start/stop traffic fred, is that due to the bite being high or what??

Thanks
Kiza

172 engine transplant with thousands spent on the engine to get it to 225bhp. Then you need suspension brakes etc probably as a very rough figure 10k+.

I assume the clutch issue is down to how it engages. There is no feeding it in it is either engaged or not nothing in between

speak to j3ned about a 172 conversion. I think he was offering conversions for about £3500 - don't quote me on that 0tho. Engine subframe, suspension, dash etc.

the other work. we can build to budget.

clutch is simply down to it being a paddle clutch. its on or off really. its sometimes a bit of a pain in traffic.

/y0z

Yoz, do u have one of the new headlamps in the passenger side front? it just looks to be greyer than the drivers side.

Cars looking well mate, shame about the bonnet though. Cheers 4 the brake package, vast improvement over standard - the courier driver is now dead!! ;)

a bullet proof one you mean! I have gone through about 8 windscreens in 120,000 miles and as soon as I put a new on in it breaks. I have put 4 in the cup so far, one in the hire car, one in the valver, and broke one on the other hire car.

(this does include me cracking it at santa pod Lee) LOL

cheers RCP

/y0z

Lionel Richie
its a charateristic of a paddle clutch, its either off or on, you can't really slip it (well you can, but you have to rev the engine)