ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Test Driven a 182

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

well Renault Invited me up to try a 182 out after my 21st Birthday.

So arrived at Renault Coventry at 11:45

we sat thru and talked about various options, then out for the test drive in a new Black 182 with cup options.

he drove out of the car park and did a big left hander round a turning and nearly lost it showing me the clio could "handle"

he soon pulled over and said right lets swap over.

Took me round a few A roads, he looked a lil nervour with me breaking the pseedlimit slightly.

We came up to the slip road joining the A46 (70limit) so i gave it soem welly to the limitor gettign down there, he looked slightly unerved in the car, while i was havign soem fun.

car had only done 120miles :oops:

ater joining the road, a huge smell of exhaust cat :LOL

gave it a few thrashing turns rnd cov and suprise suprise it has a knockign from suspension.....was told its the car beddign itself in !

Anyway got bak and talked money. Looking about £13k he said with options.

Recaro Seat options are also available, but no pics or info on them yet.

Was worth a quick look, got a quote for insurance this morning for £850 FC, but not changing over anytime soon.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Oh and no one buy the black 182 from Coventry Renault :devilish:

Its been abused¬! specially when he drove it off a huge kerb and didnt give a toss!! as it scraped the underside!

Ziel Nurburgring

Thats the spirit. Was it from cold as well?;)

Please post the number plate though as we wouldnt want anyone on here buying it!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yup was from cold !! i was quite suprised when he bashed it round the first corner LOL

It will be the demo car mate, theya re deisgned to be abused, they are then scrapped....so ive been informed after i was gentle on my test drive :(

Ziel Nurburgring

Scrapped, you mean put on the forecourt and sold as an ex demonstrator for about £500 less than a new one.

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 08 February 2005

Scrapped, you mean put on the forecourt and sold as an ex demonstrator for about £500 less than a new one.

Exactly

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

^^^ sold as a demonstartor after... nto scrapped !!! are you stupid boyo??!!! :OL

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah when Renault offered me an ex demo for the price I could buy a new one online I told them to shove it. They insisted that all demos are driven carefully with full supervision.

As for that suspension knocking, that aint the car bedding in. Its either that engine mount or something else wrong!

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 08 February 2005

Yeah thats more like it. There hardly gonna scrap it if someone would pay 10k+ fot it!

I think you should swap DO IT DO IT!!

Certainly thraped the demo car I took out, only 25 miles on the clock at the time, smoke from the back and nice burning smell from the exhaust etc. How else are you supposed to get a feel for the car!!!!!!?

Ziel Nurburgring

Its the same thing with Hire/Loan cars. Its expected revenge for the abuse they will give your car when its in for servicing/work

From cold, always to the limiter and disregard all tyre tread based worries

Im probably going to go and drive the 182 and 172 this weekend.

Whats this about the knocking? Crap engine mount from the factory?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

ah just found the thread again lol

Yup on my own name. 21 with 3yrs NCD Clean License, and No claims.

Didi even shop around, just went to Tesco and filled out quote to start after my birthday, and Bingo.

Ive been told Greenlight will be cheaper!! :eek:

so i wud have to shop around but was well pleased with outcome!!

Yes i wud love to have one!! goign to test drive the Ibiza Cupra R soon, as i like them too ;)

But sadly i wont be changing my car before summer anyways :(

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 08 February 2005

It will be the demo car mate, theya re deisgned to be abused, they are then scrapped....so ive been informed after i was gentle on my test drive :(
Only press cars get scrapped after they have been used, its for tax purposes, I drove a 182 cup the other week that my friend had barrowed from a motoring journalist, that will be scrapped soon, seems such a waste but all press cars get scrapped after they are finished with them.

if your insurance is under £1200 I will have to kill you Im afraid! im 21 driving a 1.2 2002 authentique, NCB held lisence for 2 years and paying £1150 (endsleigh insurance - zurich). if i just wait a lil longer i could be driving a 182!

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 08 February 2005
Greenlight were cheapest for me mate.

Greenlight are £400 cheaper for me than Tesco on the 182, Im 21, 1 year NCB and 3 points :mad:

Greenlight - £1397.75 Full Comp, HIC - £1100 (for my 1.2 last year!) It makes all the difference being 21! :D

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Do it has mate.... i had my problems but dont regret it one bit buying my lil 172! :Ds everytime!

Quote: Originally posted by Spoon DC2 on 08 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 08 February 2005

Only press cars get scrapped after they have been used, its for tax purposes, I drove a 182 cup the other week that my friend had barrowed from a motoring journalist, that will be scrapped soon, seems such a waste but all press cars get scrapped after they are finished with them.
You sure? I know of a few press cars out there on the public market. I know there was a few Ford GTs scrapped for other reason.

The dealer tried to sell me the demo car saying it had been treated gently I didnt point out hed just hit the limiter leaving the showroom from cold.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

LOl ur all telling me to be a bad boy!!!

was very nice to have the power to move round the roads tho

172 cup'd extreme

Quote: Originally posted by cabbagekitten on 08 February 2005
if your insurance is under £1200 I will have to kill you Im afraid! im 21 driving a 1.2 2002 authentique, NCB held lisence for 2 years and paying £1150 (endsleigh insurance - zurich). if i just wait a lil longer i could be driving a 182!

that is bad! im with endsleigh aka zurich paying 430 fully comp 1 years NCB and 2 years clean licence in a bad ghetto area too mine is a 16v!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by Has 16v on 08 February 2005
LOl ur all telling me to be a bad boy!!!was very nice to have the power to move round the roads tho

i will be the sensible 1 then, has u have spent far to much money on your 1.2 as it is, either get a engine convertion or stick with the 1.2 of buy a propper car not a 182 *puts flame proof suit on*