ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just to keep you updated

Suzuki SV1000S
Managed to get car to Oxford yesterday to the garage that will be doing my engine conversion (B-tec)

Williams engine was sent to my home not the garage lol - so had to get them to redirect it - oops

Garage are also going to gut the car even more than it already is:

Doors will be emptied (electric windows units etc), and door cards replaced with aluminum sheets!

Sunroof and mechanism will be removed and replaced with perspex sheet and riveted on!

All sound proofing will be removed and unneccesary wiring,

All windows/glass removed (except windscreen) and replaced with perspex - front will have little sliding bits for air!

etc etc - should be great fun..

Will see if I can get them to take a few pics of progress and keep you all updated

George16v said:
Managed to get car to Oxford yesterday to the garage that will be doing my engine conversion (B-tec)

Williams engine was sent to my home not the garage lol - so had to get them to redirect it - oops

Garage are also going to gut the car even more than it already is:

Doors will be emptied (electric windows units etc), and door cards replaced with aluminum sheets!

Sunroof and mechanism will be removed and replaced with perspex sheet and riveted on!

All sound proofing will be removed and unneccesary wiring,

All windows/glass removed (except windscreen) and replaced with perspex - front will have little sliding bits for air!

etc etc - should be great fun..

Will see if I can get them to take a few pics of progress and keep you all updated

it'll fly...........................;)

Suzuki SV1000S
anyone think it is worth getting a B&M quickshift - I am keeping the valver gearbox in it for now as it is slightly closer ratio - hehe

320d
Sounds good

The ratios of valver and willy box are the same apart from the willys taller 5th gear

A decent willy box will be stronger but if the willy lump is near enough going to be standard then the valver box should be fine for the power plus better the devil you know

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I would'nt bother with the B&M mate I've just gone back to stnd after having mine snap in two lol I actually prefer the feel of the stnd shift better tbh it's less notchy than the B&M.

Oh and good work sounds like yours will be similar to mine when it's done!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dont you live in the centre of London? How you gonna stop people gettting in the car whith sliding holes on the windows? Will be very cool and fast though!

Suzuki SV1000S
Re. London I do live in the centre of town but I have private parking behind gates etc and the car is literally just for fun so will not be driving it around town.

Re. B&M is it possible to change the standard knob if I stay standard as I think it will look silly when all the plastic consoley stuff has gone.

I have asked the garage to buy a desposible camera to take progress pics - whether they do or not is another matter though I'm sure.

Suzuki SV1000S
Engine was fine - but coil Pack was knackered so have ordered a new one of those

New manifold and down pipe from Roger Williams direct - (think thats gonna be a pricey one)

Kept valver gearbox as closer ratio but engine was so powerful clutch went within Ten minutes so am have a 'Roger Williams' uprated clutch fitted.

Still waiting for windows etc..

Suzuki SV1000S
All engine work done now - (my dad's says it sounds more powerful than his aston, lol - think he is dreaming there)

Windows are fitted - now just waiting for them to strip out door internals, remove sunroof, scrape away all sound proofing etc.

I did ask about this on another post but anyone got any ideas why they may have fitted an ali sump - Am guessing waeight but no idea.

Suzuki SV1000S
Image008.gif

Image009.gif

Image010.gif

Image011.gif

Image012.gif

Image013.gif