ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just won me some wheels - not even got a Clio yet!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They might tell you that its not an option to use your own courier.
Also the 40 quid is listed as for post and packaging, not just for their courier, so dont expect them to package them for free if you arrange your own courier.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't worry lads - it's been agreed. I wouldn't just arrange my own courier! ;-)

Being transported through work for about £15. Happy days!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Don't worry lads - it's been agreed. I wouldn't just arrange my own courier! ;-)

Being transported through work for about £15. Happy days!

Thats cool then if the seller has already agreed.

Are you planning on using the tyres? 50 profile on a 17 just sounds a bit big for a clio?

Nice, good price too :) is a few bargains about ATM. I brought these last week for £130! All spotless and the tyres are as good as new. Absolute bargain. And collected them 6 miles from my house!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340709673.804241.jpg

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Thats cool then if the seller has already agreed.

Are you planning on using the tyres? 50 profile on a 17 just sounds a bit big for a clio?

50 profile IS a bit bit my 200 has the 17" speedlines and they wear 45 profile shoes...

Will change them. 205/40/17's I reckon?

i beleive these are a simmilar offset to the twingo RS wheels and when i put them on my GT the inner rim was hitting the damper.

Ok - will offer them up and see what they're like. I found a thread with a few folks who had them on Mk2's, so will see what they did.

You jammy git, they look nice are they Rotas?

They aren't unfortunately. Are wolfrace, I think?! There is 1 set the same on eBay listed as wolfrace but I can't find them on any website (as I'm kinda after some centre caps) so I'm just going with wolfrace lol. Look so good on the car, really suit it! Had nothing but compliments so far about them

I'd not put 35mm on the rear just because that is fecking mental. 25 if you have to but I'd still choose less.

They definitely look the part on a MK3 :)

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Not a fan of huge spacers puts unnecessary strain on other components. make sure you get hubcentric if you do.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not a fan of huge spacers puts unnecessary strain on other components. make sure you get hubcentric if you do.

If you are using them to correct an incorrect offset wheel, then to things like the wheel bearing it doesnt actually make any difference to the load it sees. The extra strain is only when used to change a wheel from the correct offset to spaced right out.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah, I've done some reading and seen what happens with non-hubcentric spacers! :eek:

It's certainly not something to spend cheap on!

When they say in the kit, it's 40mm say, is that the total width - I.e. 20mm each side?

No, normally spacers are advertised based on the thickness of the actual spacer, so for 20mm each side it would say "20mm spacers"

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
No, normally spacers are advertised based on the thickness of the actual spacer, so for 20mm each side it would say "20mm spacers"

Will have to ask each supplier it seems, as the Eibach's for example from Venom Motorsport show it as the overall size per axle.
I.e. 20mm, is 10mm each side.

Wheels arrived today! Well chuffed. Couriers managed to pick them up yesterday, and they arrived mid-morning at work.
1 bit of kerbing, and some slight marks to one spoke, but otherwise they're really good nick.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers dude. Will get some pics up this weekend of the condition they're in.

Going car shopping tomorrow for the car they'll hopefully be going on! :D