ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just written my car off

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Bloody hell mate, sounds like a right scary experience. At least you guys are ok.

thing that is anoying me so much is that there was 2 or 3 cars behind following me quite close and none stopped to see if we were ok they all just carried on driving.

That's f**king disguting. I nearly stopped for a car that slid in the snow and parked it on a curb last week, but they seemed fine and looked like they were waiting for traffic to clear to pull out.

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
Hope your ok, I knw everyone is saying you should never swerve for an animal, but if its right upon you with no time react, its so hard to fight your initial instinct which is obviously to swerve and miss it. Glad to hear you got out fine and same for your mate!!

197 Albi Blue
thanks guys. Just got back from bath after travelling up to see the damage and to take all my stuff out of car. I am so lucky!

n904940704_4663240_5336.jpg

n904940704_4663248_7425.jpg

n904940704_4663246_7128.jpg

n904940704_4663241_5630.jpg

n904940704_4663244_6527.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
Great news that you and your friend are ok. Testament to the design of the Clio tbf.

When my girlfriend rolled her 206 into a ditch to avoid an idiot overtaking on a blind corner nobody stopped until the police turned up, even with all the debris littering the road (including a door!) and a bright red 206 lodged in the bank with the horn and hazards going off!

If she had been alone, or had I also been knocked unconcious, she would of been in a car leaking petrol for almost 30mins. A lot of Brits are t**ts, they're happy to rubberneck, but screw getting involved or calling 999!

Da

Less
Why would the airbags go off? There was no frontal impact, the computer will have decided none were needed.

Glad you're ok though mate, car looks to have stood up well!

197 Albi Blue
yer i am seriously impressed with the way that was put together. As soon as the tyre went i felt locked in tight to my seat and then it rolled and i was like omg how the roof hasnt fully come in and im still alive. I really love the guy that designed that car!!

going car shoping on sunday :) hopefully i never have to fine out if the saftey of the next car is as good as that one.

t3 corolla 116bhp
hard lines mate altho look like the lil clio saved you well

on a side note, car looked a good un plus those seats in the new i-music look pretty nice. glad ur both ok tho.

FF Blackgold 182
gutted... and if anim@l reads this then i told you not to jump out on people....

arf arf! It can't be proven that I was anywhere near the scene at that time!

Seriously though, glad ur both ok. Very lucky by the sounds of it. Where abouts on the A36 were you mate? As said, the few drivers of the cars that were following you should be thoroughly ashamed! c***s tbqfh!! :mad:

08 car - So if you've got a decent insurance policy then you should get a straight replacement. Are you a new driver? If so I don't envy your next renewal quote.
Glad to hear you and your pal are AOK. Disgraceful that none of the following cars didn't stop!

197 Albi Blue
arf arf! It can't be proven that I was anywhere near the scene at that time!

Seriously though, glad ur both ok. Very lucky by the sounds of it. Where abouts on the A36 were you mate? As said, the few drivers of the cars that were following you should be thoroughly ashamed! c**ts tbqfh!! :mad:

If your coming from bath you have a series of bends in the national speed limit before you get to claverton. It was on like the last of the bends. I went back there today there are no sign of crash at all excpet the police tape and a clio shaped hole in the bushes. Saw that there was a whole curb stone missing so that must have been what burst my tyre.

197 Albi Blue
08 car - So if you've got a decent insurance policy then you should get a straight replacement. Are you a new driver? If so I don't envy your next renewal quote.
Glad to hear you and your pal are AOK. Disgraceful that none of the following cars didn't stop!

yer replacement due to the extra insurance i pay with renault finance.

passed my test 2 years and 3 weeks ago

insurance quote had just come down to £350 this year lol not looking forward to it now

FF Blackgold 182
If your coming from bath you have a series of bends in the national speed limit before you get to claverton. It was on like the last of the bends. I went back there today there are no sign of crash at all excpet the police tape and a clio shaped hole in the bushes. Saw that there was a whole curb stone missing so that must have been what burst my tyre.

Oh right, yeah I know it, not far past Bathampton. I work not too far from there. Can be a quick bit of road that. I'm amazed you didn't hit anyone else! Cars can be replaced though and hope you find a minter to replace the last one.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ahh unlucky mate, 08 plate 2, glad ur ok.

likeing the interior mind, dont think ive seen that trim in a clio b4

320d
Gutted for you mate. Cars can be replaced yes but its just a ball ache that insurance will go up a lot etc. Atleast your both ok though.

197 Albi Blue
officially been classed as write off today

bad thing is its my mothers car which i only get to use when im home from uni, and she isnt very impressed. First time i had driven for 2 months and bloody wrote it off

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ouch!! Sorry to hear that fella :(

On the other hand, buy the clio off your insurance for CHEAP and sell the parts! Dibs on the interior!

Ph1
Hope your ok, I knw everyone is saying you should never swerve for an animal, but if its right upon you with no time react, its so hard to fight your initial instinct which is obviously to swerve and miss it. Glad to hear you got out fine and same for your mate!!

If you dont have time to react your not going to have time to swerve. Total contradiction lol ;)

Seriously tho, keeping going is something you have to build into your instinct when driving. Start swerving and there's a risk of wiping out folk coming in the other direction as well as yourself.

Closing your eyes for that split second is the best advice or have a practice at deliberately nailing animals so you get used to the 'feel' :rasp:

Very shocking about the folk who didnt stop. This country is scum

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
unlicky lad, least no 1 was hurt.

I think people are scared of seing people hurt? i came on a van coped down a bank the other day and when i got out there was someone there but he hadnt went down 2 see if they were ok!!! I then had run down and help the lads out, they were there for about 10 minuits but couldnt get the door open! makes me sick that people dont do there best to help others out in need!

"Navy" N17 TWO
unlicky lad, least no 1 was hurt.

I think people are scared of seing people hurt? i came on a van coped down a bank the other day and when i got out there was someone there but he hadnt went down 2 see if they were ok!!! I then had run down and help the lads out, they were there for about 10 minuits but couldnt get the door open! makes me sick that people dont do there best to help others out in need!

+1 on that fella!

Shame when these things happen :(

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Not very reasuring thinking if i had an accident and was seriously injured and not able to get out! how long would it be to someone would stop??

Monaco RS Clio 172
sick people tbqfh

I'd stop and help as soon as I was aware of a situation like this.

as for who was saying in the thread about the poor fella who hit that dog that you should swerve to avoid animals, here is proof that it is definately NOT the best thing to do. whether it is a deer or a small pheasant. I'd nail it all day long than put myself and anyone else on the road with me at a big risk by swerving at speed.

sorry to hear this tho fella good luck with getting a new motor/insurance.

glad the clio held up well.. looks like it saved your bacon so to speak

197 Albi Blue
went down to dealer this afternoon to look at new cars. Was looking at getting same again but the i-musics are no longer available and the factory has stopped taking all orders on the campus sport. They managed to find a campus sport in black (wanted extreme blue again) which they would make up to an i-music in the dealership by sending it to sextons in southampton to have better stereo, speakers and tune point put in and getting the tints done somewhere. But... they wanted £8900!!!

no way was i letting my mother spend that on a campus. Can get a MK3 dynamique online for £9000 and a 197 for just under £13000

so at moment just going to wait and see what happens after xmas i think. But yer couldnt beleive it £8900 for a campus!! stuff that

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
You could swop the stereo, speakers and tune point and tinted windows from your old car to another and it wouldnt cost you anything?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
sorry to hear about that, but clios are good strong cars.. im just a bit surprised the airbags didnt deploy..

ill buy the tunepoint if your selling it. :D