ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just wrote my car off

CJ

Blue ph1 172
Gutted :(

I almost lost in on a roundabout last week, maybe god is trying to get rid of odyssey blue ph1's?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Bloody hell mate! :(

Gutted for ya. Conditions do look a bit slippery though, and esp when there's oil on the road.

Good luck in getting it all sorted as smoothly as possible.

Monblue bombay badboy!

if he says anything just deny all knowledge, say you bought it like that and the mods you have done you insured! dont mention it if they dont!

i just phoned my mate at a garage and he said just deny all knowledge. There is noway im getting them off now anyhow so have to wait and see.
They are yellow but i painted them again and is rough job so if they do say anything ill just say there just painted standard ones but to be honest for £4000 i cant see them asking to many questions

Chocolate Bar™
Similar to the damge that i had on my car, except mine was fixed. To be honest mate they'll prob screw you over for the springs. Admiral tried to screw me over because i'd painted my wheels anthracite and not told them. Heres a pic so you can compare, maybe get an idea of if they write it off or not.

13112006001.jpg

Insurance even get a sniff of a way of not paying out they will!

I'm not saying this to frighten you, but when I had an accident in my first Impreza the insurance inspector pretty much listed the mods the car had. I won't say the rest of what happened publically as thats silly lol needless to say I learnt a lesson that day.

Monblue bombay badboy!
Similar to the damge that i had on my car, except mine was fixed. To be honest mate they'll prob screw you over for the springs. Admiral tried to screw me over because i'd painted my wheels anthracite and not told them. Heres a pic so you can compare, maybe get an idea of if they write it off or not.

13112006001.jpg

cant even shut my passenger door mate its fooked and drivers side wheel is twisted

Chocolate Bar™
mine was too, passengers door wouldnt shut, wheel bent a buckled, needed new battery air filter etc etc

106 GTi
Insurance even get a sniff of a way of not paying out they will!

I'm not saying this to frighten you, but when I had an accident in my first Impreza the insurance inspector pretty much listed the mods the car had. I won't say the rest of what happened publically as thats silly lol needless to say I learnt a lesson that day.

The man speaks sense, hope your don't get shafted but regardless of whether it is only 4K in money terms to pay out the fact it is modified they may crawl all over - as said if they can avoid a pay out they will.

I should point out that even if they complain about mods there are ways around that! ;)

.....worked for me lol. Kinda like a one chance excuse though.

As above fella i hope you get it sorted, but i wouldnt be mentioning this on a public forum if it were me.

Polo Bluemotion
When i had my first accident, back in the days when i had a mini, i had some 18 inch wheels on. I hadnt declared them on my insurance policy,so i was sweating a little when the car got towed away. I got a phone call the next day off tesco insurance, saying that one of there guys had had a look at my car, and that it was "none standard", because of the wheels. I argued that i bought the car like that, they said that was irrelivant because it didnt leave the factory like that.

Cutting alot of arguments and phone calls out, basically they grabbed me by the balls and said they wont touch my car until i update my policy. This meant paying them £500 extra to add "wheel modifications" to my policy (on top of my £2000 id paid anyway!) and paying my £500 excess (which they had also just bumped up from £350) So in all, they made me pay £1000 before they touched my car.

My very expensive lesson.........

When i had my first accident, back in the days when i had a mini, i had some 18 inch wheels on. I hadnt declared them on my insurance policy,so i was sweating a little when the car got towed away. I got a phone call the next day off tesco insurance, saying that one of there guys had had a look at my car, and that it was "none standard", because of the wheels. I argued that i bought the car like that, they said that was irrelivant because it didnt leave the factory like that.

Cutting alot of arguments and phone calls out, basically they grabbed me by the balls and said they wont touch my car until i update my policy. This meant paying them £500 extra to add "wheel modifications" to my policy (on top of my £2000 id paid anyway!) and paying my £500 excess (which they had also just bumped up from £350) So in all, they made me pay £1000 before they touched my car.

I was with Tescos and that mirrors what happened to me basically lol, I Just didnt want to type that all out.

I was with Tescos and that mirrors what happened to me basically lol, I Just didnt want to type that all out.

The trouble with that is what would normally have been £50 to add alloys, now is £500 and you dont really have much choice about paying it.

On the bright side I suppose you'll still get a payout.

The trouble with that is what would normally have been £50 to add alloys, now is £500 and you dont really have much choice about paying it.

Yeah and I paid less than £200 quid for alot of engine mods............:eek: lol

Mind you it was that or get zilch.

Monblue bombay badboy!
what about th ph2 wheels on a ph1 will that class that as a mod?just checked the springs that came off it and they are bloody non standard anyway so whatever happens im fooked lol

Depends on the assessor.

You could argue they are Renault OE speedline wheels, trouble is they are an Inch bigger which may be reason to find fault!

Polo Bluemotion

Yeh exactly. At the time, i had a 10 grand car sat at bmw in bits. It was worthe f*ck all as it was, so i had to cough up. On the plus side i got a brand new set of wheels,which was handy because mine wer knackered pre accident anyway,lol

Monblue bombay badboy!
should i use my own garage to do the job so it get assessed there least ill have someone to fight my corner.

Ad

MK2 FRS
gutted mate. Need to get a new one in time for january trackday!!

No chance of repairing, its much more structual the damage that middos as the bulk head has taken most of the impact.

Monblue bombay badboy!
gutted mate. Need to get a new one in time for january trackday!!

No chance of repairing, its much more structual the damage that middos as the bulk head has taken most of the impact.

i dont want it repaired just want shot of it now. All im worried about is getting the insurance money

TeZ

Non RS : (
s**t ,

Well the only good thing to come from that Baggins is that you have scared Cartertons lanscape. NICE,

fukcing shitter about the car, How did you loose it on that roud about tho? its only 30mph.

Or were you speeding :nono:

Monblue bombay badboy!
s**t ,

Well the only good thing to come from that Baggins is that you have scared Cartertons lanscape. NICE,

fukcing s**tter about the car, How did you loose it on that roud about tho? its only 30mph.

Or were you speeding :nono:

it actually a 40 and no i wasent speeding:rasp:

TeZ

Non RS : (
How to see you on some rubber shoes again soon tho old chap i actally LOL'd at the pic of you with thumb up LOL you look happy shes gone :(