ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Justmatz Cliosport Mats

Renault Laguna Coupe

Agree with Neil. Too much democracy can hold things up to the point where things stall. Weve all had our 2p worth so make a decision on our behalf. Sounds like we need a phase 1 and phase 2 design, then let justmatz take some of the risk. If they make a good job of them theyll sell, sell sell.

so when are they gonna be available geoff......xmas is coming m8e ;) and they make a perfick pressie for someone i know whose just bought a black 172 :D

agree that the logo could be best on the side. black mats or maybe grey ?

choice gonna be available or we looking at 1 size fits all scenario ;)

steve

Silver Fabia vRS

I agree that this thread is getting out of hand but I only started it to see what the majority of people thought.

We cant progress this until I get an email back from the company, but they are currently abroad until this Friday. I doubt they will be avaliable for Christmas but Ill try my best to move it on.

I am going to lock this thread in a few days and then see what the majority of people want to do. Dont worry about colours and heel pads this thread is really only to see which design people want.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Sorry but this is not going to work

why dont you just have a Cliosport embroidered badge made up

then you can choose your own mats

(be a darn sight cheaper too)

Silver Fabia vRS

As I have said before dont worry about anything else other than where the logo is as everything else you will be able to choose yourself.

Those mats shown will not fit any Clio becuase they were taken as an example are were not for a Clio in the first place.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio172 on 04 December 2002

As I have said before dont worry about anything else other than where the logo is as everything else you will be able to choose yourself.

Those mats shown will not fit any Clio becuase they were taken as an example are were not for a Clio in the first place.

sorry "the mouth" went before "the mind"

Like the colour logo, with black background. I have been looking for some decent mats for a while, these are perfect. The pictures above from Geordiepaul (without heelplate) are the best IMO.

AM DESPERATE FOR MATS! HAVE BEEN LOOKIN FOR THE RIGHT SET AS THE CUP HAVE NONE! THESE ARE THE CATS WHISKERS!

I PROB WOULD GET A HEEL PLATE TO GO WID THE PEDALS! AND THE COLOUR LOGO WITH BLACK BACKGROUND!

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

I like the black mats with a black background to the logo. With alloy heel pads as my current mats have these and I like them a lot.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Geoff, can we order our specific mats at a discount direct with the company? Then everyone can have their own colour/specification?

Silver Fabia vRS

The way it is going to work from what I understand from Petes email is this:

We as a club need to decide on a logo and a location for this along with its size on the mat. Once they have the logo and eveything is agreed you ring them up and say Im member number xxxx of Cliosport and Id like the design for Clio 1/Clio 2/Clio 3 with the mat being this colour and the border this colour.

They make them for you and send them out. I am waiting for proper confirmation of what is needed from them.

320d M Sport

Sounds easy enough for me, on second thoughts that heelpad would be well slippy i think, u could always add one if you REALLY wanted one...

Paddy

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio172 on 04 December 2002

The way it is going to work from what I understand from Petes email is this:

We as a club need to decide on a logo and a location for this along with its size on the mat. Once they have the logo and eveything is agreed you ring them up and say Im member number xxxx of Cliosport and Id like the design for Clio 1/Clio 2/Clio 3 with the mat being this colour and the border this colour.

They make them for you and send them out. I am waiting for proper confirmation of what is needed from them.
EVERYONE READ THIS !........YOUR MATS WILL BE CUSTOM TO YOU !!!

the only thing we need to decide is where the logo is going and what size and whether it has a background or not

the mats you order will be custom to you in every other way

i am interested... I think the less white the better... and the logo in a place that you wont be able to tread on it.

y0z

lol geoff.....

well there aint no muppet forum here so i had to try cornering in a normal forum :devilish: :p

cmon get some prices and availability sorted....itll soon be xmas !

option b is the better one and stic with a black backround becuse it mkes the club logo stand out much better.

Silver Fabia vRS

Right all I have had an email back from Dave at Justmatz and his email was huge clearing up most, if not all, the questions people have asked in this thread. Here goes:

The mats we provide are ALL custom fits for the Clio, if there are any differences between the models - let me know OR send the template of each respective model you all want mats for and Ill cross reference with ours and see if they match - if they are different we will cut respective mats from your templates so each car has a custom fit to its model. I dont think there is much difference in the shapes of the floorpans - can you advise me if they are.

We DO NOT do alloy heelplates anymore only carpet ones now - we think it detracts from the quality of the product and just didnt get that many people asking for it to justify us doing it.

We can do the mats in different colours of course with the Clio Sport logo.

The members can mix and match the border colours and carpet colours to suit.

Christmas deliveries would be very unlikely now as the last order went on Friday - but we have a few details to sort out before so it may have missed the deadline anyhow - BUT it will be worth the wait.

When we stated your mats will be custom to you we meant to you as a club - if you want an individual one off design we can do this too but at extra cost.

I have asked him to come back with which design he thinks was the best out of all of them so hopefully we should be able to move this forward sometime next week. I dont think it will be worthwhile rushing this as it is something that we should do properly to get the best results.

I dont suppose he mentioned whether the logo can be rotated through 90 degrees so that it runs up the side of the mat by the door sill as i think a few of us would be intrested in this option if it were available??

chuckie

Silver Fabia vRS

Right some more info for you lucky lucky people!

Have been back in touch with Dave at Justmatz and have got an idea of price and having a look through the post the idea of location of the logo on the mats is in the corners facing the driver/passenger. The design will be similar to this:

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/mats/newmat1.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/mats/newmat2.jpg

Using the logo in these colours if the mat has a grey background:

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/mats/Logo1.jpg

Or in these colours if the mat has a black background:

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/mats/Logo2.jpg

The price will more than likely be £61 (excluding £9.95 delivery) for a set of mats (2 in front and 2 in rear). The normal cost for our design would be closer to £90 (exculding delivery) so you can see this is quite a saving. If you wanted a heel pad (Dave says that the mat would probably be thick enough anyway) this would be another £3 on top and is carpet only not alloy. The mats will be custom made for any Clio shape from 91 - today. Also the logo would probably be 7" x 2.5" but this is to be confirmed yet.

What I need now is a rough idea of numbers becuase that price is based on a minimum of 20 ordering; your not commiting to anything but please be honest. So if you can post below with a simple YES or NO (nothing else) then I can see how it goes.

Thanks

172 sport,

ill have some grey ones please are they the same colour as the originals as i could then use my standard rears as they cover the whole rear not just each side