ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec any good?

FULL FAT 182
hi im looking at getting a full s/s system +de-cat for my clio 1.8 16v, and a green cotton induction kit. are the k- tec exhausts and good? i got a quote of 400 inc vat and fitting.

on the other hand bb tuning are offering a 3.5 " fully system with de-cat, green cotton induction kit for 347 inc vat but i will need to find out about the cost of fitting.

also won a chipped ecu for my car aswell, so with all the above how much bhp do you recon i will be pulling out?

my car is standard before those modifications.

cheers.

nick

Clio 172 mk2
I brought a stealth exhaust from K-tec for my 172 and am very happy with it....good quality and service is good too.

Chocolate Bar™
Subway said:
If you like Oxfam quality with Gucci pricing, then you’re going to the right place :)

lmao! agree totally, also since when have they had good customer care? They didnt seem like they had the time of day for me when i've rung

Williams 2
I've bought quite a few bits off them with no probs, though delivery can be slow when they need to resource things from other companies. BB do seem to be cheaper and give a decent discount too:D

FULL FAT 182
looks like its bb tuning then, sorry i didnt get back sooner ive been cleaning the beast for the last 5 hours im bloody shattered:dead:

306 TD Slut
i guess some people have had some bad experiences with them.

i got my stealth system from them, and when it arrived it was battered up. i only live 10miles away so they told me to come down and theyd fit a new for me free of charge.

but yesh. very very expensive!! if everyone on here stopped shopping with them i wonder what would happen. theyd lose a fair few customers.

Chocolate Bar™
if they wanna make any buisness they need to improve customer care, look at companys like 2modified, fanatastic customer care hence why people keep buying off them

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
yh id have to say i have bin k-tec many times and they aint bad but expensive true! @the mo cars in for turbo conversion @bb they seem a bit cheeper but they have much better pruducts! iv also bin both garages and bbs is much more tidy!bb defo

no complaints about K-Tec here... exchanged an exhaust after 1.5 years that was on the car when i bought it! :D

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
The exhausts from k-tec are brilliant, got one and a decat from them. Really good customer care, ring them up and get talking to them!!!

Williams2,Willy rall
I think most of the aftermarket retailers are much of a muchness,some items could be cheaper than others etc.Personally it is down to preferrence.If I get good service,customer relationship etc etc ,then I become fairly loyal to them and gradually the rapport/discounts get better.I have used Prima at Stapleford from my 5GT Turbo days 1989 and still get excellent service,from the engine/gearbox building side.What Neil Fletcher does not know about Clio 16v,and most Renault engines is not worth knowing.He has forgotten more than I know lol.
As I said earlier,no doubt there will be ppl who will flame them !!!

I've just purchased a Janspeed sports cat from K-Tec, worked out much cheaper than buying from Janspeed direct and that was before the cliosport 5% discount!

Quick delivery and well packaged. No complaints here!

Golf GTI 1.8T
wazza16valver said:
hi im looking at getting a full s/s system +de-cat for my clio 1.8 16v, and a green cotton induction kit. are the k- tec exhausts and good? i got a quote of 400 inc vat and fitting.

on the other hand bb tuning are offering a 3.5 " fully system with de-cat, green cotton induction kit for 347 inc vat but i will need to find out about the cost of fitting.

also won a chipped ecu for my car aswell, so with all the above how much bhp do you recon i will be pulling out?

my car is standard before those modifications.

cheers.

nick

haha this comes from a guy whose just put his car back to standard :S lol

FULL FAT 182
well you know what is like, my exhaust is rattels like a b**ch, and id thought of getting a new one, and the deal they have is worth it.

after giving the beast a clean yesterday i ve decided to keep it and pump a bit of bhp in it.

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
got my exhaust fae k-tec and it was a good foot and a half short.

really too heavy for the hangers too, had to replace my existing ones with new (renault) ones, and even now it's starting to sag at the back again.

RB 182 Cup
my IK from k-tec came in the most shabby box you would ever see, rips and stuff. but what was inside was OK. But still if your paying for something new you would expect a decent box.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i wouldnt call speedline turinis, or goodridge brake lines oxfam quality would you?

Chocolate Bar™
i've only dealt with k-tec on a few occassions but they managed to send me a grille which was illegally advertised as ms designs, and they then sent me an "ms designs style" grille which isnt the same at all.

the carbon door pillars dont have the badge on as shown on the website

then they sent me somebodies order, and i had to chase them up about it as they didnt seem to care.

i wouldnt bother with them to be honest. theres much better, cheaper companies out there.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
I'm impressed with there service. I have had problems resulting in MOT failures with the Angel eye lights. Obviously these are not made by KTEC (they are Ultra). Ktec have replaced a faulty one for free and because the rings on the new one were a lot bluer than the old one they have agreed to replace this as well. They are fitting me in for an MOT and fitting the light in less than 24hrs notice. David has answered all my emails very prompty and has always helped.

I am really happy with their service and I do recommend them. IMO is hard to judge them on parts when they are not made by them. If there is a problem they always try and resolve it.

Clio 172 mk2
7MAT said:
I've just purchased a Janspeed sports cat from K-Tec, worked out much cheaper than buying from Janspeed direct and that was before the cliosport 5% discount!

Quick delivery and well packaged. No complaints here!

I got my sports cat (Janspeed) from DT.....same as the one they are selling on K-tec but came in cheaper.

No problem with their stealth exhaust though:D