ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec ECU remap?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
can someone tell me if this is worth it? will it give me better response etc or an increase in power? and would you have to declare this on your insurance?

Focus ST
Insurance is up to you. They have to prove it if they question it.
It's not something that can be seen with the bonnet up. It is only detectable by computer (and obviously drivin it).

For an opinion on what to do, best search the hundred other threads on ecu chips etc. There are quite a few. :approve:

I little more power mainly midrange and some more rpm.
You have to declare any modifications to insurance and insuracne can and will check for remaps due to there common use if you don't tell them thats upto you but if they find out you'r modied when you crash and you've not told them then they'll get the costs out of you by taking you to court the police could even take you to court for not holding valid insurance since your insurance only covers for for a standard car.
Insurance companies can tell the maps are modified in a few second with there computers.

isnt the ktec map just the superchips map? as for insurance, if you bought the car second hand, with things like a remap you can claim ignorance. There was a big write up on this on here not that long ago, and what it basically said was that insurance companies cant void your insurance for modifications you had no prior knowledge of.

Clio 172 mk2
theduckeatspork said:
isnt the ktec map just the superchips map? as for insurance, if you bought the car second hand, with things like a remap you can claim ignorance. There was a big write up on this on here not that long ago, and what it basically said was that insurance companies cant void your insurance for modifications you had no prior knowledge of.

Absolutely...if you weren't informed of the ecu being mapped then you as a buyer wouldn't know unless you had driven lots of 172s/182s before and could notice the difference driving it but even then you could claim ignorance.