ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec Induction Kit

RB clio 182
Does anyone make or know of an induction kit the same as the K-tec one, without the 160 odd pound price tag ??

When I say make, I mean surely some on the forum has decided to do the same as k-tec but cheaper ??

Renault Clio RS182
Make your own ;) You'll need a silicone 90 degree bend, an alloy 90 degree bend, breather filter and an air filter. Have a search there's a few threads with examples :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not worth someone on here putting all the bits together to sell as a kit as if they even put 20 quid on for their trouble then everyone would be saying "you can get it cheaper than that by doing it yourself" and they wouldnt sell any.

Either bother to hunt the bits down yourself, or pay the laziness tax to buy the ktec one, you cant expect it at DIY money but still all packaged up nicely for you IMHO

LY R26 #288
I'm well chuffed With mine. It's a well made piece of kit. It is a bit pricey but to make a half decent one with a good quality filter your looking at £100 atleast

I'm well chuffed With mine. It's a well made piece of kit. It is a bit pricey but to make a half decent one with a good quality filter your looking at £100 atleast

This. I have one and the quality is very good, second to none in fact.

I've learnt from buying other things "cheap", buy cheap / buy twice, or even "you get what you pay for".

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This. I have one and the quality is very good, second to none in fact.

I've learnt from buying other things "cheap", buy cheap / buy twice, or even "you get what you pay for".

While I agree that you dont want to buy cheap and nasty silicon hoses, the bottom line is that you can buy the same quality of hose for significantly less as obviously ktec arent doing it for free they are making a noticeable profit.

So while I wouldnt advise trying to do it for 40 quid all in on the cheap, you can certainly do it for 100 and not have to suffer lower quality hoses.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
421600_10151093569549864_1029234512_n.jpg

I'm going to be doing the above home made one by Robsri on here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?561737-Stealthy-182-Progress-Thread/page19. One question though, what do you need to do with that mini filter ? (Yes, i'm a newb)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The mini filter is for the breather from the back of the head on the strainer, the best solution is actually to put it into a breather thank then onto the mini filter, as it will occasionally drip a small amount of oil otherwise.
Kits that take it back into the inlet obviously "solve" this problem but bare in mind they do so by putting it into the intake tract which isnt ideal, especially on a high miles engine as it lowers the octane rating of the intake charge as a result (the standard inlet suffers from this also).

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Cheers chip, I had a feeling it went on there. Thanks.

You have scary amount of knowledge :p

RB clio 182
Think I will wait til next year anyway, with all this standing water and flooding, I dont think its the best idea lol !!