ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Racing enter the Tin Top fray.

Clio 172 Cup Racer
In the last few days, K-Tec Racing has confirmed that they will be sponsoring AWS Racing (me) for the last 2 races of this season and next season, in the Tin Top series.

The car will be sporting a temporary livery for Donington this weekend, but should have its full livery in time for Oulton in October. The new livery will be fitted to coincide with the launch of a new venture by K-Tec, details of which will be released shortly.

My co-pilot for the next 2 races will be Stuart Levers, who will be known to the Tin Top regulars as series co-ordinator. I look forward to learning a lot from Stuart, as I only got my licence on Saturday!

I look forward to meeting everyone at the weekend, especially as there are 7 Clios racing.

Race reports and car updates will be posted along the way.

A sneak peek of the car in the workshop, not yet finished!!!

kteclivery.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
About time the big tuner in the renault game got involved in racing.

Good luck to you all. :)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Yes, with Nottingham Sports Car Club. Cr33do is the current owner of that car! Looking forward to the new challenge.

I thought i'd seen your user name somewhere , theres a few been sprinting and moved to racing - good luck.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Woo! A project thread for the race car. About time;)

Good luck for Saturday. Nervous yet? Is this the first bit of circuit racing since the sprinting days? Ps. Need to pick your brains about that. Mike and I wouldnt mind giving it a go sometime.

See you Sat.

Clio 172 Cup Racer
Woo! A project thread for the race car. About time;)

Good luck for Saturday. Nervous yet? Is this the first bit of circuit racing since the sprinting days? Ps. Need to pick your brains about that. Mike and I wouldnt mind giving it a go sometime.

See you Sat.

Nervous, oh yes!

This will be my first race. Have been on track several times, but not in anger!

Project thread will probably start with the winter rebuild.

Glad to answer any questions on racing.

See you there.

Clio 172 Cup Racer
Well, its 24hrs to my first race day. This time tomorrow I will be loading up the support car and heading for Donington to meet up with the rest of the team.
Plans for today are to get over to the workshop and do one last check over everything. I should have a delivery from K-Tec of a few bits and pieces to help us through our first meeting.
The car transporter is coming this afternoon and we should be up at Donington early evening to get set up.
I will post up some pictures of the day later.
A friend of mine will be at the circuit to take some pictures as well, so hope to have some of those to post as well.
Look forward to seeing you all there and meeting the CSCC staff who have been very friendly and helpful.

182cup & 172 racecar
Missed you today, should have come over for a chat, our crew came to the rescue with a crank sensor for you.

Clio 172 Cup Racer
Missed you today, should have come over for a chat, our crew came to the rescue with a crank sensor for you.
Came over and thanked the guy who lent us the sensor and had a chat. Not sure where you were. The day went so fast.
Congratulations on another great result Tony.

182cup & 172 racecar
Came over and thanked the guy who lent us the sensor and had a chat. Not sure where you were. The day went so fast.
Congratulations on another great result Tony.

That's what we are all there for, to help each other. Was that your car in the gravel at the end then??

Clio 172 Cup Racer
That's what we are all there for, to help each other. Was that your car in the gravel at the end then??
Yes. We were P5 going into the 2nd to last lap. Stuart was getting some very close attention from the Cassar car (hence need for door). Going through the chicane, after another nudge, the car went over the curbs and we think knocked the caliper pistons back, so when Stuart braked for Redgate, the pedal went to the floor and he had to throw the car sideways and into the gravel.
Protests were lodged and points will be put on Cassars license.
Still managed 13 o/a.