ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec stealth plus straight through pipe!

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Hi all i'm getting my mk2 k-tec stealth fitted after christmass but the baffles are loose in the centre section.
Should i get it welded up or just cut the silencer off the centre section and have a straight through pipe???

I'm not sure how loud the K-tec is with the silencer, would it be really loud without the silencer?? also i want a raspy sound too lol.

Thanks, Kev.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i want to get a straight through pipe on my stealth

is it not new from k-tec??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It will be LOUD without a centre section. If you have a gf, she will hate you ;)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I have the Stealth with a silenced decat and that is very loud.. to much for my ears to use everyday tbh.. although it actually gets quieter higher up the revs as well..

Thinking of getting the sports cat instead after xmas.. :)

Can prob post a video up over Xmas if you want to hear it

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
i want to get a straight through pipe on my stealth

is it not new from k-tec??

No second hans mate, the backbox is like new but the baffles are loose in the center section.

It would be cheaper to have a 600mm piece of 2.5" pipe welded rather than have the baffles done!

Would it be quiet on normal driving??????????????

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
I have the Stealth with a silenced decat and that is very loud.. to much for my ears to use everyday tbh.. although it actually gets quieter higher up the revs as well..

Thinking of getting the sports cat instead after xmas.. :)

Can prob post a video up over Xmas if you want to hear it

They don't sound that loud on youtube?

Is yours a mk2 i think they are quieter than the mk1.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
wanna know what it is like with out centre section

defo post vids

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Mine shall be louder then lol. Do you think it will sound raspy?

No idea tbh when I listened to some vids on Youtube I thought mine would be Raspy as well...

Ah well it's just the missus who has to drive it everyday ;)

M2 Competition
Mk2 is louder than mk1 stealth. I think its the decat that makes them raspy, mine with standard cat isnt at all.

172 cup
So is it possible to drive quietly with the mk2 version with decat fitted?

Maybe getting one at the end of the month and already have a decat on standard system so that will be stayin :)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
So is it possible to drive quietly with the mk2 version with decat fitted?

Maybe getting one at the end of the month and already have a decat on standard system so that will be stayin :)

If you coast everywhere it is quiet.. put it this way I set a car alarm off ith mine when just pulling away normally :rolleyes:

RS RIP
What about someone asking about the LIFETIME WARRANTY ? :rolleyes:

if so i'd defo go back and save my ears + money

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
My mate chris has just got the ktec recessed system with straight through center section, its not too loud when cruising at reasonable speeds and tbh it has quite a nice raspy sound too it. i know your talking about the stealth box but cant be a massive amount of difference between the two...
Luke (amys bro)

i've a mk2 stealth on mine and think it's quite pleasant with the cat fitted. i did try it with a decat (briefly) but found it way too noisy - was actually quite surprised at the noise increase. it was fine at relatively small throttle openings but was otherwise embarrassing - i felt guilty overtaking people!

can't begin to imagine what it might sound like with one of the silencers removed

Ph1
You do know by straight through theres no gains to be had its just the noise that would be the difference?

Example: You would still be able to roll a tennis ball from one end to the other silenced or unsilenced

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
You do know by straight through theres no gains to be had its just the noise that would be the difference?

Example: You would still be able to roll a tennis ball from one end to the other silenced or unsilenced

I'm not doing it for power. Did you read my first post?

The baffles have gone in the silencer, hence the removel