ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec stealth: they're supposed to be quiet right?

Just had a stealth and sports cat fitted. I picked the stealth because I thought they were barely louder than standard but it seems alot louder to me, particularly low down. Not sure I can live with it like this, loud exhausts are'nt my style.

1. Has the sport cat added volume?
2. Can the exhaust be made quieter somehow?
3. Have I just made an expensive mistake??

Thought it would be way quieter than it is, particularly after being deafened on the way down when the OE backbox fell off on the M3!! My poor ears are ringing!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's louder.

I've got decat and stealth and maxogen and it all adds to a magnificent noise!

ST
Ali said:
It's louder.

I've got decat and stealth and a massive K&N cone filter and it all adds to a magnificent noise like a 1.0 corsa!

Knowsit!!

'they see me rollin, they hatin...'

Civic Type-R
I have one and yes it is loud :) very boomy up until 3k revs then it sounds nice. Mine is just deciding to fall down for the fourth time now too. Think im gonna go to H&S and get a proper one, have had nothing but problems since I got it.

GW RS200
Baldylocks said:
Just had a stealth and sports cat fitted. I picked the stealth because I thought they were barely louder than standard but it seems alot louder to me, particularly low down. Not sure I can live with it like this, loud exhausts are'nt my style.

1. Has the sport cat added volume?
2. Can the exhaust be made quieter somehow?
3. Have I just made an expensive mistake??

Thought it would be way quieter than it is, particularly after being deafened on the way down when the OE backbox fell off on the M3!! My poor ears are ringing!
This is *exactly* how I felt after getting mine, and two months later I can honestly say I don't know what I was worried about - you will soon get used to it...

S.

Now I no less than nothing about after market exhuasts, but I'd always assumed that "stealth" meant you didn't have huge drain-pipe-sized thing sticking out the back of your car so it looked like you have a "normal" exhaust until you move off / boot it, then it roars loudly and everyone looks and goes "wow, look at his car it must be really powerful!"

(Feel free to shoot me down when / if (when) I'm totally wrong ;) )

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I had mine on for a few months before adding a decat.

Without the decat, driving with a light throttle and being gentle with it when parking at home, my next door neighbour had no idea I'd changed it when I asked her if the extra noise was a problem.

With the decat, it's still more than tolerable, but definitely no longer a standard exhaust. At high revs, full throttle there's no finer sound :evil:

meady100 said:
This is *exactly* how I felt after getting mine, and two months later I can honestly say I don't know what I was worried about - you will soon get used to it...

S.

Ok hopefully it'll be the same for me. Just took it for a burn on the local back roads and I love the extra urge and sound when you ring out, but the boom at low revs (esp 3k) is not so good. Perhaps its because my ears are still fucked from running without a backbox earlier.