ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kawasaki H2R - Isle of Man TT (It's bloody nuts)

Titanium 182
latest?cb=20100910004618.jpg

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
300bhp on a bike to me is to much, it must want to constantly throw you in a ditch if used properly

An orange one
I have huuuuge respect for the TT riders, they are utterly mental!

That bike, just wow! (They might have put the onboard camera a little higher though)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Really? Because the piece on the TT coverage said it was an engineering exercise to show what's possible and it won't be going into production.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
You're right I just looked it up £40k, batsh*t thing to ride!
So are the road versions supercharged too, or was that just the TT one?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
You're right I just looked it up £40k, batsh*t thing to ride!
So are the road versions supercharged too, or was that just the TT one?
They are charged as well. Although I think (not sure) they may have limited the power of the road going bike. 300 bhp on a bike is waaaay too much. I've riden an s1000rr which has around 200 brake at the rear wheel and that was utterly insane. Something like 1100 bhp+ per tonne with a rider on it Completely stock from memory.

Just to put it in perspective I ran away from a brand new vanquish with real ease on my 600 which has under 120 bhp over the channel last week.

A lot of the tt riders are actually opting to use super stock bikes in the super bike races now as the super bikes are simply too much.. you can never get the power down. And exhausting to ride too.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I heard that, plus it means they have one less bike to setup, the maddest thing I learnt from the TT coverage this year is the bikes have anti-whellie traction control, didn't knows bikes had that at all, I thought you just had your wrist and if you flipped over backwards it was your own fault.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I heard that, plus it means they have one less bike to setup, the maddest thing I learnt from the TT coverage this year is the bikes have anti-whellie traction control, didn't knows bikes had that at all, I thought you just had your wrist and if you flipped over backwards it was your own fault.

A lot of bikes still don't have those elecy tricks though and you can turn them off.

Bsb bikes for example have all the systems removed !

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Another guy I work with has a thunderace tuned to 194bhp at the rear wheel. He's running aftermarket management and has a tilt sensor fitted which retards spark based on the angle of the bike. So you can whack the throttle open and it won't go beyond a set angle.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Another guy I work with has a thunderace tuned to 194bhp at the rear wheel. He's running aftermarket management and has a tilt sensor fitted which retards spark based on the angle of the bike. So you can whack the throttle open and it won't go beyond a set angle.
Mental! I just couldn't ride a bike on public roads, too many f*ckwits that can end your life, although I saw an interview with one of the TT front runners and he said he doesn't even have a bike licence, I guess 200+ on the IOM is f*ck all to him, but riding in traffic is just too dangerous.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mental! I just couldn't ride a bike on public roads, too many f*ckwits that can end your life, although I saw an interview with one of the TT front runners and he said he doesn't even have a bike licence, I guess 200+ on the IOM is f*ck all to him, but riding in traffic is just too dangerous.
lol! Rides the TT but has no bike licence...I'd never have thought that!