ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kenwood head unit question

right.....im no good at this ICE stuff.........but i have a question:

i have a kenwood 9090R head unit with a multi disc.........thing is if i turn the sound up to about 30 for any lenght of time the head unit gets bloddy hot & the music starts to distort......ive sent the head unit back to kenwood & they say there is nothing wrong with it.......so does this mean i need an amp to amplify the sound so that i dont have to turn the unit up so high ?? then the head unit isnt working as much & shouldnt get so hot ???

All headunits will get warm after prolonged use..especially if you are pushing it to the max.

You would be best getting an amp for your system. Then you will be able to run the headunit at a lower level. Also you will get better midrange and clearer treble due to the speakers being controlled better.

Russ

ok...............amp needed then.....but what kind of amp do i need ?...........i dont want anything special (earth moving sound not needed) just want somthing to power 4 speakers & maybe a small sub later on !!

gee thanks for the help peps !!!! ill remember that only Evil ICE is only willing to help when one of you has a mechanical problem !!!

scratch my back .....scratch yours eh !!!!