ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kenwood KIV-700 vs. Pioneer MVH-820

Hoping you can all help.

It's time to bite the bullet and upgrade from my old Pioneer head unit which I loved and move to a CD free MP3/Ipod HU.

Based on my requirements I'm pretty sure it will be one of these two which I opt for..I've read the glowing reviews of the Alpine 305s but I really don't like the appearance of it as I'm after something quite discreet / subtle.

Kenwood KIV-700
- This seems to tick a lot of boxes me and the major plus is the ipod connection to the rear which I want to keep things nice and neat.
- However, downside is lack of SD card support which the Pioneer has. Does anyone have experience of the USB hub for the Kenwood and how well this works / know where I can buy it from?
- My big concern with this HU is that there is no option to remove the front face, obviously a security concern but does anyone think this is still an issue today? Any ways to cover up the stereo at all if in a vulnerable area? :S

Pioneer MVH-8200
- This one seems to provide nearly everything I'm after, i.e. the SD card being tucked away would be an easy way of storing my whole music library whilst the face off option is a big plus.
- However, I'm wary that the fact that the ipod has to be plugged in via the front will make things very messy! This is swaying me towards the Kenwood/A.N. Other

If anyone has any pictures of either HU's in a clio dash then I'd love to see them. Similarly if you want to suggest any other Head Unit's then feel free!

Thanks!

Red Clio 197
I've just ordered the Pioneer MVH-8200 so I'll let you know in the next week how it looks!! :approve:
The 8200 suits me as I'd rather have my ipod connected by the front aux port but I really like the SD card option too.

I've just ordered the Pioneer MVH-8200 so I'll let you know in the next week how it looks!! :approve:
The 8200 suits me as I'd rather have my ipod connected by the front aux port but I really like the SD card option too.

Thanks mate would appreciate that. I'm hoping to get one ordered in time to fit it on Saturday but need to make my mind up between this and the Kenwood. Basically it's a trade off for me of no face detach vs. stupid white cable hanging out the front. Do you know if it supports playlists via the SD Card?

If you could take a picture of how it looks in your clio that would also be great. I want to get the unit which will suit the dash best.

I've got the Pioneer in my Clio.
The screen is awesome, and you can watch Ipod video's on it too. Tbh I only use the SD card though, Only half the facia detaches, the little bit with the buttons. the screen stays.
And there's no clip on surround, like say an alpine, the front facia is slightly bigger than the cage.
They only thing I had which I don't like so much, is that is sticks out a bit from the dash. Its fine from the driver seat however.
Here's a pic:
DSC01579crop.jpg