ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key fob failure

02' PH1 172
Morning guys,

So my spare set of keys has decided to stop working.

Can it be fixed or do i have to order a complete new one from the factory?
I'm hoping I can recycle the actual blade and case and perhaps just get a new inner or something...

Cheers

Williams 3
an auto electrics place might be able to reprogramme it for you. I'm sure I read that on here somewhere. Try a search on here?

02' PH1 172
ye i tried a search, just comes up with sooo much stuff and its really hard to find out what the right thing to do is.

was just hoping someone would see this and know the answer.. oh well

Skoda Fabia vRS
99.9% of the time a recode does nothing, the key itself is usually fooked

you can unclip the blade but the black part comes with the circuit board, about £90 plus the charge for coding it in

02' PH1 172
DAMN.. £90.. and a charge for coding it.. thats a rip off

is it possible to just buy another black with with a circuit board (like a second hand one off ebay or something) and just get that re-coded??

Williams 3
Have you attempted to call an auto electrics place yet? Some are even mobile so they will come to you at a time which is convenient. You will however have to actually find a number, then pick a phone up and ring them yourself.

Sometimes forums have the answer, and sometimes it just takes a little bit of nouse and common sense.

Da

Less
DAMN.. £90.. and a charge for coding it.. thats a rip off

is it possible to just buy another black with with a circuit board (like a second hand one off ebay or something) and just get that re-coded??

No, as far as I'm aware they are locked to the car.

What happens when you press the key, anything at all? Will the car start or not using the failed key?

02' PH1 172
Have you attempted to call an auto electrics place yet? Some are even mobile so they will come to you at a time which is convenient. You will however have to actually find a number, then pick a phone up and ring them yourself.

Sometimes forums have the answer, and sometimes it just takes a little bit of nouse and common sense.

Ye I have spoken to a few auto electritions and they all said that I would have to go to the factory and get it sorted out.

The factory said that I would have to order and reprogram a new key which costs a fortune and takes forever to get back cuz they have to order it from france.

They key does not start the car or unlock it, but its little light does come on when pressed.

I've been using one key for ages, but if something happens to this one, im farked, and the spare key was used for the autostart on my alarm, so that hasnt been working in ages either.

Guess its just a factory mission then, no way around it :S