ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Key Parts" water pump..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered what was advertised as a genuine water pump and received this -

14509776241_22910a558e.png
IMG_20140626_162819 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

It comes with a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty. Would you fit it? Or buy oem?

Looks a pretty large company. http://www.keyparts.co/

"equivalent to:

FWP blah blah
blah blah
blah blah"

Obvious question perhaps, but if one of those codes/numbers is the OEM or OEM supplier's part number and KCP1805 isn't...

Anyway I'm sure someone who works with VAG regularly will be able to say in 2 seconds whether or not Keyparts make the OEM item.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Oh its OEM so it'll fit. Its just not genuine..;) I might just me mate to grab me a unipart one from work.

Oh, no... I meant OEM as in what OEM actually means.

Not the completely made up meaning of OEM to mean "not uprated." You not wanting to go forged on that waterpump? ;)

Twingo GT
Its probably OEM Quality or Equivalent all, hence it being equivalent to the standards
Oscar88 will be able to tell you for sure weather its good to go or not

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
'Equivalent'

This word is the bane of my life. End up the day it's up to you mate, Warranty is only as good as the company honouring it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Decided against it. It's now in the bin. Got a Unipart one and it looks better side by side and the bearings feel nicer too.