ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kit’s New Ph1 172

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
@KitsonRis Did you get the message about Renparts discount on injectors?
I did yes, I know I should do it and bite the bullet as they wont be that cheap for a while and then I know they are all new. Gutted I left it so long for the same on Amazon when they were like £25 each for Magnetti Marelli ones and the offer ended.

172PH1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
From memory when I worked at Renault, once a battery had been replaced it used to throw a ring decoder fault (immoboliser)
Once this had been cleared they usually started after that

Fingers crossed its that simple

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Car was delivered today and the garage phoned me up asking what I had done. Explained the issues with the flat battery and running rough and changed the plugs, coil pack and HT leads. Said leave it with them. Within an hour I get a call saying it’s started - was the emergency fuel cut off switch 🤦‍♂️ I feel like a right idiot as I even pressed that to reset it. His words were “it ran really rough like the dephaser was in two” but he cleared the fault codes and took it for a good run and he said it was spot on. They changed the dephaser back in August so it better not be faulty! Hope to get it back before the weekend after they have looked at the other stuff I want doing

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
The one I made seems to be fine. The only time I indent on removing it again is when I put ITB's on it.....

Oh was told the awful knocking noise on full lock was the alternator belt tensioner jumping about. Pleased that was not steering rack like I thought it was. So garage is replacing that while they have it. Should be back with me this week.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Did a bit of tinkering on the car this morning.
Washer jets weren't working that well when I bought the car, never really bothered me and I just replaced them with mist jets from a C3 as an upgrade. Had them on my old one and was impressed. But they weren't any good either. Now that I need to use the car more I decided to take a proper look. The one like squrts out at a jaunty angle and the other just bout hits where the wipers rest. I remember from my old one the water should hit at the driver's eye level - unless my old bucket seats were that low this is actually correct?
IMG_7217.jpeg

Swapped the nozzles over to see if it was something to do with the pipe work under the bonnet. Nope, they still perfrom the same. Thought there could be a blockage in the fluid bottle so took it out, emptied it and let it soak with some denture tablets in. Rinsed it through and still the same. The pump doesn't sound laboured either. Did look on eBay for replacment pumps and for tat price I might just swap it out and get some new mist nozzles (I can't find the original ones so must have thrown them out).
While the scuttle was off I decided to replace the pollen filter. There was one in the boot when I cought the car so thought would be rude not to change. Glad I did change it as I removed some really dirty foam mesh stuff that i don't think was doing much.
IMG_7215.jpeg

Ordered some new cleaning stuff the other day. AMDetails hydrid range detailer and sealant. Mainly to use on my E34 but the Clio will be treated to it . Will wait until the weather improves and I have my hose pipe installed in the garage and I'll apply it. But I have justr cleaned it now and it does come up alright tbh. Yes it needs a re-spray to be perfect but I am hapy with it for the time being.
IMG_7218.jpeg

Need to sort out the radio/music situation. That is one thing that I have immediately missed from my M140i - my phone connected to the car though bluetooth and could play and controll Spotify from the car. I have put a phone holder in when there centre vent is missing and have a aux to cassette adapter. Have got a lightening 3.5mm jack splitter so I can charge my phone and play music at the same time (cheers Apple), but the adapter is not that good as it keeps cutting out. Which is annoying. In the mean time I thought I would just load some CD's in but the changer wont release the cartridge and just says ERR on the screen. Great. I like the original head unit and don't want a flashy one. Will have to go on the hunt for something better. I know @Coops Mk1 has a mini disc player in his which is cool.

Was out in it last night and accidently turned the front fog lights on while going around a roundabout. Couldn't remember how to do it and accidently turned off all lights for a brief moment....whoops.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
New washer jets turned up. I pushed the boat out and went for genuine Citroen ones, however they were in Alfa Romeo packaging
3FB76A73-DECD-4CEF-A241-5EE04EC3E0CE.jpeg

Worked a treat so turned out the previous washer jets were a dud. Did order a new washer fluid pump just in case and fitted that too
B2BDD7F0-DCE1-42A9-97FB-C087D9368E5F.jpeg

the Bluetooth to aux converter I bought works but keeps loosing power so drops connection. Not sure if it’s the unit or the usb power plug in the cigarette lighter.

Need to source an oil filler flap for the engine cover then that’s the engine bay finished. How they are lost I have no idea and they are really hard to come across!
Also did my first fuel fill up in it since becoming the main car - 34.4mpg which I cannot complain about! Marginally more than the two year average on my M140.

Steering wheel and suspension is next.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got my hosepipe installed so took the opportunity in the good weather to clean it. Used the new AMDetails items I bought a few weeks back. Looks really good now. Do reccomend this items.
IMG_7262.jpeg

Polishing a turd comes to mind
IMG_7265.jpeg

Although it highlights the real need of a full respray. But the way it is makes me worry less about it. Just get the sills checked/sorted and take it from there.
Got a new Elf sticker for the back window from @BenRS182
IMG_7263.jpeg

Currently looking at Bilstein B14 suspension. Would like BC's like I had on my old one but not sure they are wroth the extra seeing as this isn't a track car.
Also really enjoying driving this about, such a great little daily.

Renault Clio 182
Finally got my hosepipe installed so took the opportunity in the good weather to clean it. Used the new AMDetails items I bought a few weeks back. Looks really good now. Do reccomend this items.
View attachment 1524123
Polishing a turd comes to mind
View attachment 1524124
Although it highlights the real need of a full respray. But the way it is makes me worry less about it. Just get the sills checked/sorted and take it from there.
Got a new Elf sticker for the back window from @BenRS182
View attachment 1524125

Currently looking at Bilstein B14 suspension. Would like BC's like I had on my old one but not sure they are wroth the extra seeing as this isn't a track car.
Also really enjoying driving this about, such a great little daily.
Your car is looking good 👌
Thanks for the picture of the sticker as well,makes it look that little bit tidier 👍
I hope you are happy with it.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
Glad to see this getting some love it deserved, as stated this was a great daily, was actually really compliant over bumps yet firm enough to really enjoy it when you got the chance, although the new daily is more comfortable it's just nowhere near as fun. I really miss this and starting to keep an eye out for another one already.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to see this getting some love it deserved, as stated this was a great daily, was actually really compliant over bumps yet firm enough to really enjoy it when you got the chance, although the new daily is more comfortable it's just nowhere near as fun. I really miss this and starting to keep an eye out for another one already.
Yeah it’s been treated a lot! More than I had planned in the time I’ve had it. But more is still to come. Driving it about was a if factor in me getting rid of my M140 as I enjoyed it too much. You’ll end up with another, everyone comes back!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted a new steering wheel. Forgot how much nicer it is without the standard wheel.

IMG_7280.jpeg

Brother has already offered to fit the new suspension, he was really keen to do it and I hadn't even asked him to help out. Will get that ordered next month and take it from there as to when we can get together to do that. Bilstein B14's and PMS top mounts and I might get a PMS strut brace.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
Does that mean we finally get to see what's under that stitched on wheel cover? The amount of times I was tempted to take it off but didn't want to be left with a peeling steering wheel.

If you're planning on selling the old dampers I might be tempted as they hadn't done many miles when I sold the car.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Does that mean we finally get to see what's under that stitched on wheel cover? The amount of times I was tempted to take it off but didn't want to be left with a peeling steering wheel.

If you're planning on selling the old dampers I might be tempted as they hadn't done many miles when I sold the car.
Haha I am not taking that cover off! Keeping it like it is to use for MoT tests.
Yes, the current suspension will be for sale once it is off.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of one step forward and two back today.

New bulbs fitted, now they are all the same.
IMG_7302.jpeg

Made loads easier as I had the bumper off to fit a new grill thing as the original one was cracked. Looks better now.
However when putting the bumper back on I was struggling to get the bolts that go behind the wings in place. Had a look and couldn't find the clips...they had fallen off, along with the bits that attach them to the wings 🤦‍♂️
IMG_7304.jpeg

bumper is currently cable tied up JDM style while the quick release fittings are being ordered.
Also the driver's side wheel arch liner is fubar. So need to sort that out and that is also cable tied up to stop it dropping and scraping on the road.
I knew the front bumper needed paint but taking it off today has shown how bad it actually is. So I might get the car painted sooner than planned as the jacking points need straightening and there are some other bits that need doing (plus any rotten sills that I might have to sort out).

Was fed up of the rear number plate keep coming off the one corner. tried several different things to stick it but nothing was working. So bit the bullet ordered some new ones and drilled them, no risk of them falling off now.
IMG_7305.jpeg

On a plus note, new suspension has been ordered. Gone for Bilstein B14's. Need to order solid top mounts from PMS.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Been tracking the fuel consumption since this becoming the main car, just out of interest rather than wanting to be as efficient as possible
Screenshot 2021-04-12 at 19.11.37.png

Last tank of fuel was >35mpg and currently averaging 33.98mpg. This is far better than the two year average for my old M140i, which was 31.01mpg - yes I know that was a bigger more powerful engine but I thought that was good consumption for what it was.

PMS top mounts and RARB have just been ordered (y) Can't wait to get the new suspension on. And as previosuly said it painted. I was thinking about that today and know that it will cost a bit of money but I am sure it will be worth it. Its pretty much suspension, front seats and body work and it is "done" (I know it will always be tinkered with so never quite done)

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
It's very over engineered for what it does, but I mainly did it as a showcase in case I need a new job. It's not perfect but will do. Like you can't make a mistake and delete an entry and I did have a model to see if mpg was going up/down but then I made the whole thing more efficient and it was expecting data before it could process and kept crashing. I just haven't found the time to fix it - mainly as I spend all day doing this for work I don't fancy sitting infront of my laptop correcting it in the evenings.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Nice little upgrade has happened.
Bilstein B14 suspension, PMS solid top mounts and rear ARB. Also had new front wish bones fitted. Then it was corner weighted and set up properly.
IMG_7315.jpeg
IMG_7316.jpeg
IMG_7318.jpeg

Now sits a lot better and less 4x4 spec ride height like it was before
IMG_7319.jpeg

Not driven it properly yet so will try and get out this weekend and see what it is like. But it is pretty much all new underneath now, will probably start swapping out the bushes for Powerflex ones.
Did sort of cheat and got it fitted at the garage. All done at Motorworks in Gloucester - they are very good and definately reccommend (they painted my E34 and some other work on that too). They were happy to fit the wishbones and PMS parts I supplied too.

All parts taken off will be for sale, just want to give it a wipe down and check before I take photos and chuck them in the sale section. Been told they are cup dampers and Eibach springs.

Been looking at bucket seats too as that is the next thing to do. Unless I get the original seats retrimmed. Arrghh the decisions!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Stole the idea from my brother who has done the same in his car.
64435575-2B0E-4B07-BBF0-464125ED6D3F.jpeg

The tool kit that comes with the car I don’t think goes over the studs so need to use the deep socket and a big breaker bar is so much easier to undo wheel nuts. It’s a lot more secure than rattling about in the boot. Ideally wanted it on the side of the boot but there isn’t enough room. Have got another breaker bar and deep socket on order so I can do the same for my E34. Annoying as I have a set of the deep sockets and both cars use 17mm nuts!

Ordered some bucket seats and sub frames yesterday. Will look at what fixings I need when they arrive, have seen on here that it’s M8x40 high tensile bolts but will double check. Just need to sort out how to run the seat belt clip as I am going to use the standard 3 point belts.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Seat subframes have turned up and so have the seats
IMG_7365.jpeg

Thought I would be safe with the smaller seats being a slim 30" waste.....no, no I was not safe. I fit in them and its very cosy but it wont be comfortable for daily driving so have to get the next size up. Hope the seller doesn't mess around on eBay - I have opened up a return but want to see if they will do a swap when the replacement gets dropped off to take these back at the same time and it doesn't look like the return form will allow this so just waiting to hear back from them.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Seats have been returned, just waiting for them to be delivered so a replacement larger set can be sent out.

Did a bit of investigating earlier as I thought i had a flat spot on one of the wheels or tyres. did always notice like a noise but it has got worse and you can hear and feel it now with the new suspension. All wheels look to run true and are not missing any wheel weights. Not noticable dings on the outer or inner lip. But while I was poking about noticed I had a small knick in the n/s outer CV gaitor. Doesn't look that old as it is still very clean under there like they usually dont after spitting out all the grease (unless the grease has already been lost!). So is this my CV joint on the way out? There is a note on one of the receipts in the history file about a driveshaft needing looking at but that was dated 2015. I did a temporary fix of a dab of glue to close the hole up so it doesn't leak anymore until I get it sorted. Currently looking at driveshafts and either seen THIS or THIS and looking around the part number I need is 8200027881. If the one on eBay is correct I would rather do that and not c**k about with AutoDoc. But I have been stung before with parts that "fit" but wont on my old Clio before so will do some more reading about to make sure.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
New driveshaft fitted along with fresh gear box oil. Will see if this cures the flat spot noise. Otherwise an excuse for new wheels.
Also had Powerflex steering rack bushes fitted. Think the only bushes that are yet to be replaced are rear beam ones.

Parts for the seats have all turned up now. Just need to find time to fit them as they are currently sat in my lounge taking up room, good job I live alone to answer to as there are wheels under that white cloth lol.
IMG_7597.jpeg

Did loads of searching on here about what was needed. Got the right resistors (good job I checked as the one type apparently don't work and I was about to buy them). Bought an assortment of washers as they will come in handy in the future. High tensile nuts and bolts.
IMG_7598.jpeg

Might wait until after the MoT test to fit them just in case. I did see on here to use Citroen C3 rear buckle clips, although they work but it is a bit fiddly to get them clipped in. This has made me think about getting harnesses now...for a daily car....which gets me onto the things I have been looking at on eBay - Volvo V70/S40/S60, MG ZT, Saab 95's, those kind of things to use every day.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
MoT test this morning....passed first time! Was pleased with that. So treated it to a good wash as it hasn't been done for several weeks now
IMG_7707.jpeg

IMG_7708.jpeg

IMG_7711.jpeg

So plans for it. I am like dragging my heels with it, mainly as I am having less time and it is the daily car. So I am now activley on the hunt for a third car (nice 4/5 door big thing that is interesting. Thinking Volvo, Saab, Octavia vRS etc but the nicer cars I am looking at do not exist for less than £2k unless they need a lot of work). And then I am just going to get the Clio "done".
Braided brake lines are on order and the fluid turned up this week. That will be done this month. Also need to get the seats fitted this month too - my brother does know he is helping but need to gently remind him and get a day sorted with him.
Next month or when I get the other car I can get the wheels refurbed. Will be putting some nice tyres on it too, something like Yokohama AD08r's.
Then winter or next year get the body work sorted so it is looking back to 100%.
Proper long term things are rear cage, LSD and gear box rebuild, engine rebuild with nice cams and throttle bodies - althought the gearbox and engine stuff will be done when the current ones break.
I know the last few jobs are expensive and I have the savings so just going to do it otherwise I will not get around to it.
Wont be selling my E34 although I could do and then use the money from that to make this epic but I think that would be a waste as the E34 is my house deposit fund! I could justify not selling the Clio when I buy my own place but the E34 would be a stretch.

Part of me wonders how awesome my old one would have been if I kept my old Ph1 and didn't jave my E34? Although that was fully stripped out and I think that was a bit of a mistake, this one is going down the "clubsport" route and be more refined.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
The interior has started to rattle like a mo fo. I knew the drivers door card had a rattle when stationary. But now the dash and something else is rattling 😫 sure it is the warm weather that has caused this. Damn thing.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Few nice new parts fitted this past week.

First up was the correct near side drive shaft. Pretty certain that is the cause of the humming/vibration with a bad CV joint.
Also had front wheel bearings too. Now the car has had new front and rear wheel bearings, new wish bones, ball joints, track rod ends, steering rack bushes, suspension and top mounts - it should drive like new!

Also had the standard wont start but cranks fine issue. Pretty certain it was the crank sensor. Had to get the AA out (twice in a week) for it and when they turned up it started first time :rolleyes: although cannot fault their service and arrived within 30 mins. Got one and fitted a new one and fitted it. Works a charm
IMG_8158.jpeg

Cheated a bit and went to The Motorwoks to get some work done as I didn't have time or space to do it. Fantasic service as usual and hihgly reccomend. Braided brake lines and RBF600 fluid were also fitted
IMG_7770.jpeg

Had a nightmare fitting them and a bleed nipple in one front and rear calliper sheered off. Great. The option was to either try and get the broken nipples out and potentially mess it up and then have to pay for new callipers and the time taken to mess them up. Or basically a fixed fee for new callipers as they would fit first time. So.....
IMG_8161.jpeg

IMG_8164.jpeg

Man maths prevailed and I have four new callipers! Also de-oranged the brackets too and going back to a more OEM colour scheme.

Bucket seats now fitted
IMG_8163.jpeg

Had to do a minor adjustment on positioning on them this morning and now so much better. Might sack off the rails though, not sure yet. One thing I need to sort out is the seat belt light on the dash in the centre console. My old Ph1 didn't have this issue but not sure if the bulb was removed of done properly with a resistor. All the connectors have got the correct resistors in and the air bag light is off and behaves as it should so not sure if the seat belt light is a different system?

Next on the job list is wheels - refurb the OZ F1's back to a more OEM colour as the paint I quickly threw on to make them sort of respectable is now flaking off and have the single set of wheels. Or.....use the F1's as track wheels with sticky rubber so don't bother refurbing them as such (yet as I know fiull well they will be refurned at some point!) and get another set of wheels for normal use? I really like Team Dynamic Pro Race 3's (had black ones on my old Ph1) but hard to come by now.

Not getting rid of the original seats. Going to get them re-trimmed and kept for the future if it needs to go back to standard. I might even turn one into an office chair. But it is amazing how heavy they are!

Last edited:

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Been a while since I have had any time on this. After using it a bit I decided I wanted to drop the height of the seats more so took off the runners. Now they are fixed in one position. Now they are in a really nice position and a lot more comfortable. Also gave the interior a good vacuum while I had the opportunity as the seats were out.
IMG_8426.jpeg

IMG_8425.jpeg

Was very lucky today as I noone parked next to me so it made it really easy as could have the doors open.
And yes the rear seats are basically usless as you can't get in the back, but I kind of like it in a way. I don't want a sully stripped car.

Gave all three cars a good wash today as well. Polishing a turd comes to mind when cleaning the Clio, does highlight the need for a full respray. I might do it, will really annouy the girlfriend as that eats into house fund!!
IMG_8429.jpeg

Took the Clio out for a spin today, first time in months I have driven it. There is some juddering under braking which was a little concerning. Like it still brakes fine and doesn't pull to the left/right. The rear pads were stuck on when I went to pull off earlier (forgot to leave it off the hand brake, will be doing this from now on) and the disc surfaces were a bit weathered. I put new discs and pads on front and back last year so confident they are not like damaged. Did a few hard stops from 60-0 and it seemed to have got better? Will check them over when there is day light.

Going to book Donnington Park for March too. So will need to sort out tyres and a wheel refurb before then!! That should be excited as I have not driven around Donnington Park, only on TOCA Touring Cars on the PS1.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
So a a bit has happened with my Ph1 over the past 11 months since the last update!

Got the OZ F1's refurbed and coated them in Gyeon Q2 Rim ceramic coating. Used this before and it is a really good coating and copes with brake dust and high temps well. Put some Nankang NS2R's on them, very good I thought ont he tracks days I have done with them. Couldn't justify the Nankang AR1's....yet.
IMG_8547.jpeg
IMG_8549.jpeg

Bought some 3D printed centre caps and they were painted in the wheel colour with black diamonds
IMG_8556.jpeg

But I lost one and couldn't get a colour match so I ended up painting them black.

Did a track day at Donnington Park
IMG_8621.jpeg

This was great fun! First track day in about 5 years. Car was amazing, really enjoyed it. I thought it would be down on power and struggle at Donnington but held it's own really well, just my driving let me down!
Also did a track dat at Llandow. That again was great fun! Didn't get any photos though.

It hasn't been used much, or at all since July and the track day at Llandow.

The only thing that has gone wrong on it was the near side rear ABS sensor has worn through which has been a mission to find!
IMG_9246.jpeg

When I was in the rear wheel arch I noticed the rear wheel had been rubbing the arch liner. My guess was from the track day, as Llandow is quite harsh on the left wheels being a tight right hand circuit. The tyre wall looks ok and not too damaged.
IMG_9248.jpeg

Had some recent work done to remove the air con, new radiator and silicone hoses

IMG_9646.jpeg

IMG_9647.jpeg

IMG_9648.jpeg

Current spec of the car is:
  • 2000 Ph1 172 with 130k miles
  • Has had belts and dephaser done in the past two years (less than 5k miles)
  • New spark plugs, coil pack and Magnecore HT leads
  • New brakes all around - discs, pads, callipers
  • Braided brake lines
  • New wishbones, ball joints and track rod ends
  • Powerflex steering rack bushes
  • Powerflex dog bone mount
  • Aluminium bonnet
  • Bilstein coil overs
  • PMS rear anti roll bar
  • PMS solid top mounts
  • Custom made exhaust
  • Bucket seats in the front, still got the rear seats in
  • PMS air con delete kit
  • Smaller radiator
  • Lower temp thermostat
  • Aero catches removed to remove the slam pannel and bonnet mechanism
  • New alternator

This all leads to the recent purchase
IMG_9575.jpeg

I bought the K-Tec ITB kit. Because noise. Just waiting for the ECU to turn up as they needed to get one in and prepare it with a base map but shipped the rest fo the kit. The plan is to do this myself over a few days (which is likely to be spread out over several weekends!) while doing a few other jobs:
  • Paint some parts of the engine bay to tidy it up
  • Paint the front bumper - I am happy to do this with just some rattle cans as a temporary measure until I get the thing resprayed as anything is better than what it currently is!!
  • Fit the throttle body kit
  • Source and fit the rear ABS sensor
  • Oil change
  • Improve the bulk head sound deadening as it looks a bit baff and tired
  • Paint the rocker cover
  • Get it mapped at some point in the new year
  • Track day
  • Will probably need to get a centre silencer for the exhaust as I have a strong feeling it will be a little louder than before and not pass sound tests!
  • Get a wide band lambda to put an AFR gauge in
  • Get the dash out so I can sort out the centre console with the broken centre vent (probably a good place to put the AFR gauge?)
I am a little excited!!

Long term goal is to put some spicer cams in when the cambelt needs doing again. And when the gear box goes bang put one in with an LSD. The most likely big thing to happen next is sort the body work out. And I might start to source parts like a rear beam, sub frame etc so I can get powder coated so it might end up looking fresh under neath (probably should do similar things for my E34 too), although need more garage space to put these before I start that! But that is like mega long term goals for bioth the Clio and E34.

Will try and keep this a bit more updated while I am doing the ITB conversion.

Last edited:

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Did an oil and oil filter change yesterday. Rn some engine fluxh though it too, couldn't see it doing any harm!
IMG_9660.jpeg

So much easier to get to the oil filter now the slam pannel isn't there! Although whoever thought putting the oil filter in that orientation on the side of the block obviously think fluid will just stay in place and not run down the side of the block 🤦‍♂️ like both of my 5 series have the oil filter housing so you take the lid off and remove the filter element and all the fluid stays in place, a much better design!

Removed the bonnet mechanism and cable seeing as it is now useless with the bonnet catches. Need to do a bit of a tidy up on the bonnet where the catch went

And finally removed the upper inlet and started to clean the rocker cover up. Need to get some brake cleaner to help shift the grime off as I have ordered some paint to tart it up a bit.

IMG_9677.jpeg

I put the breather plate back on to help keep thins from getting in there.
Labelled all the connectors up as well and wrapped them in cling film to help keep nay moisture out of them as it might be some time until I get around to plugging them back in.
Decided against taking the lower inlet off earlier as the E60 is in for an MoT test this week and as a precuation the Clio can be made to work again within an hour as it currently is. Fingers crossed it is fine and I don't need to use the Clio though!

Oh and frst argument with a bolt trying to remove the bumper. I have no idea how to get this off as you can't get to the two bolts that hold the bracket to the car with a spanner either.
IMG_9668.jpeg

Was also thinking about fuel pumps. Would it be worth getting a better higher flow for it? I have brand new Megane 225 injectors to go it. So would a more powerful pump also help? I don't want to run a fuel cell set up kind of thing in the boot, so would be after one that replaces the current one. If not I will just get a new one anyway for peace of mind that it has been done and I know it is 100%.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Keeping my eye on this, have looked at ITB's a few times just haven't gone for it, drove an ITB'd Ph1 a few years ago and it sounded epic, I am sure you won't be disappointed