ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knackered rear shocks - no leaky fluid

Icy berg 172 & 172 Cup
Just a quick note, I have just replaced my rear shocks as I was experencing some rare handling characteristics. After reading a few posts on here it became apparent that they are a weak point on 17poohs , I checked and there was no sign at all of leaky fluid , whipped them both of and one was completed knackered.

So dont rely on a visual check to check they are ok as I am am sure has been said before they can be shot without obvious fluid leakage. Mine were clean as a whistle.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've been saying this all along, i've had 2 go, neither leaked.

Looking for 182
For someone like me who doesn't know what to even check visually, how do I go about making sure mine are ok? The reason ask is that I have been having some odd handling issues as well.

Icy berg 172 & 172 Cup
They are really easy to take off , I just jacked the car up on the rear beam removed botl though the bottom then undid the top and they drop out , then it was obvious 1 side was scrap as it compressed with no effort at where as the other side was hard to compress and would rebound

Hope this helps , it has transformed the handling back to what it should have been like

Clio 182 arctic
that goes for the fronts aswell, i changed my springs and shocks all round 2day, the n/s front compressed so easily whereas the o/s didnt.

evo 5rs 510bhp
Think ill take mine off tomorrow and have a look as the rear feels all over the place when cornering especially if the car hits a pothole or rut in the road

Icy berg 172 & 172 Cup
you can either grip the shaft with mole grips or try and get something on the two flats at the end of the thread .