ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

There is a knocking noise coming from the rear passenger side of my valver.:(

The car is lowered 35mm with Koni adjustables.

The exhaust isnt knocking and I have checked the tightness of all the damper bolts and also the hub nuts and they are fine.

The noise does not occur all of the time, it doesnt happen when going over all bumps, generally only on bumps that are on corners and sometimes when the car pulls away.

Any ideas?

Thanks

James

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Chris,

Its not a loose spare of brace and I cannot see any bolts that may be loose.

I did have the rear brakes replaced not too long ago ( new disks & pads) and the near side caliper was sticking abit, but this has now stopped happening, does it sound like it could be a problem with the caliper.

Thanks

James

Willy2

when i lowered my valver the exhaust started to knock, it never knocked on standard ride hieght and it was intermittant, i found one of the metal strips that comes off the exhaust was hitting the underside of the car, all the mounts were in tact but it was where the backbox and the exhaust join. What you should do is when the car is flat, not jacked up and pull the exhaust and see if it moves.

Im not doubting you, its just a suggestion!

I have currently got a mark 2 that knocks when cornering which has done since spanking new, it went back 23 times and it turns out to be where the exhaust manifold hits the sub-frame very slightly but by the noise it sounds like one of the wheels is going to fall off.By the way it still knocks as Renault cant fix it

Ive noticed every model of mark 2 clio that i have seen has a minute amount of paint missing where the drivers door hits the roof, has anyone else noticed this?

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Thanks for the replies.

It seems to be doing this even more often now, so I am wondering if it could be the ball joints. As far as I know they have never been replaced & as the car is coming up to 90k, they are probably a bit knackered.

Rajk, Thanks for the suggestion on the exhaust, I will check that tonight.

Chris_H, it is quite noticeable when you reverse, brake then go forward. Possible dog bone mount? If so, it is only 8k old, but it would surprise me as the 16v seems to eat these.

James