ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking

Clio's
I dont really know where to put this as i dont know what the problem is.
i have a knocking noise coming from the front end when i set off and when i brake. i noticed this about a week ago but it has got much worse. could anybody tell me what the problem is and how it could be fixed? i have been told that it could be the driveshaft. how would i know if it was the driveshaft becasue when i had a look the driveshaft doesnt seem loose or doesnt seem to be knocking
thanks

Clio's
not in 2 forums in 2 sections of the forum lol and i didnt know where to put it as it could be a problem with the brakes and suspension or it could be to do with the running gear. and as i needed an answer asap i thought it post it twice to maximise the chances of getting a response

no need to post this in 2 forums.

Really helpful that comment eh?

Check the wheels aren't loose for starters, and then its just a case of systematically going round everything on the frojt end and making sure everything is nice and tight, no loose bolts etc, then check your ball joints, cv joints etc

Clio's
its not the wheels. i had the tracking done yesterday and i replaced the O/S driveshaft about a month ago because i needed a new CV joint. How could i check the ball joints? will they look different or will they make a noise when wobbled?

clio 172
hey,have you found out what it is yet because i have the same prob but when i turn sharp the hole front end shakes like hell and makes a bad noise aswell?its like my wheels are locking up?